Can Henry Cejudo still hang with the top 5 bantamweights?

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
(C) Aljamain Sterling
#1 Petr Yan
#2 Tj Dillashaw
#3 Jose Aldo
#4 Cory Sandhagen
#5 Marlon Vera
#6 Merab Dvalishvili

We have seen Cejudo steam roll a depleted TJ before. But the man has been retired for quite a bit now.

Where would you rank him?

Beats Merab and Vera. Beats TJ. Gets wrecked by Yan and Aldo. Aljo and Sandhagen would give him problems but they're winnable fights.

Beats Merab and Vera. Beats TJ. Gets wrecked by Yan and Aldo. Aljo and Sandhagen would give him problems but they're winnable fights.
I agree but think he can finish aldo. Aldo has a solid 2 1/2 rounds in him until he starts to gas. And we know how durable cejudo is and how he can push the pace. But yeah in a 3 rounder Aldo could beat him

I agree but think he can finish aldo. Aldo has a solid 2 1/2 rounds in him until he starts to gas. And we know how durable cejudo is and how he can push the pace. But yeah in a 3 rounder Aldo could beat him
I thought Font was going to wash him for that same reason but it looks like he's learned to loosen up on his punches so he's not gassing as quick. I agree though a 3 rounder would be his best option.

Really on the contrary i think aldo is his worst matchup.
Aldo thrives against shorter fighters his arsenal is designed against them. Good jab, fast leg kicks, fast knees, strong uppercut, great tDD.
I imagine cejduo getting picked apart in that one.

His only UFC wins @ 135 are against Kimura, a shot Cruz who hadn't fought in 3 1/2 years and Marlon Moraes who... Well we've seen how he did against some of those guys.

Cory's TDD is so bad you can't count Henry out but he loses still IMO and loses to Yan, Chito, Aldo, Merab, BW TJ without a death cut @ 125. Other BWs like Shore, Said etc would beat him too. He'd probably beat Aljo since he matches up well he ducked and wanted nothing of Yan till he lost the title and immediately entered USADA testing to try to fight Aljo.

Cejudo would tell you he'd go through all of them. There was a time we thought Cejudo was just an average guy in a division that Mighty Mouse go through beating everyone then start over beating them all again. Then he won. Got his name and ego blown up but also showed he was much better than given credit. I thought he walked away too early but maybe it was for the better because he has kept he name out there talking on anybody and everybody keeping us anticipating his return. Of those guys listed he could hang with some of them for sure.

can easily be top 2-3, that division isnt anything special aside from the top 3 spots. Hes built like a tank and isnt too old or too far past his prime, hes probably still towards the end of his prime and the Olympic training habits wont let him get too far out of shape. Guys like that can always hang especially in the midget division.

He's at the age he could suck. I would feel silly trying to guess after not seeing him fight for a couple years.

Gets wrecked by Yan
The man spend 2 full rounds on the ground in his last fight. And Aljo isn't half the wrestler Cejudo is. Henry would give him a ton of problems, esp. with the wrestling pedigree, Yan would have to be super cautious on how he approaches. It would alter his style severely. He can win, but Henry has the edge for sure.

(C) Aljamain Sterling
#1 Petr Yan
#2 Tj Dillashaw
#3 Jose Aldo
#4 Cory Sandhagen
#5 Marlon Vera
#6 Merab Dvalishvili

We have seen Cejudo steam roll a depleted TJ before. But the man has been retired for quite a bit now.

Where would you rank him?

I know thats the knock on Aldo but its nowhere as bad as people make it out to be. He just won the 5th round against Font in his last fight, and he used grappling to do it. Not something someone without a gas tank would do. He won the 5th round both times he beat Frankie Edgar who was a cardio machine. He won the 5th round in the second Mendes fight, a fight that was very high paced. He's been known to fade, but its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

Back