Can Khabib take down GSP?

Heard GSP on Joe rogan s podcast. He said although he has lost weight but it is fat since he is leaner and stronger than he was during preparation for Bisping. GSP walks around at 185 now

What makes u so sure? Who has been able to regularly take him down or keep him down on the mat? Khabib is good but is he really light years ahead of Hendricks, Koshcheck and prime Matt Hughes in wrestling dept?
The x-factor here is the weigh, Khabib may be "huge" for LW, but he is for WW? I dunno, I think that maybe not. And this can be all the difference to success, and not the comparison between fighters.

I think Khabib is better than all above and is best in ground control, Jiu-Jitsu - that don't apply to Hendricks, he sucks at it. Maybe not in the takedowns - but only a little -, because Hendricks is very good in double legs and this is definitely not a specialty from Khabib, but Khabib is a clingy person, this is his game.

I don't see GSP controlling all rounds, but sometimes he will get down and stay there. Even today he's past his prime, this is very important to tell. We don't need to be longing, let's be real.

He could, but he wouldn't be able to hold him down

gsp1.gif

Kos had the best power double in the business at the time, and look what GSP did.

Heard GSP on Joe rogan s podcast. He said although he has lost weight but it is fat since he is leaner and stronger than he was during preparation for Bisping. GSP walks around at 185 now

Cutting to 155 is a whole different game though. Especially if he's at 185 and leaner than ever. 155 will be a nightmare cut that will absolutely impact his strength and endurance going into a fight.

What makes u so sure? Who has been able to regularly take him down or keep him down on the mat? Khabib is good but is he really light years ahead of Hendricks, Koshcheck and prime Matt Hughes in wrestling dept?

Maybe not in the traditional freestyle wrestling since, but he is a much better grappler and takedown artist than all three of those guys by far.

Noway. GSP is the perfect fighter to defeat khabib. But with that said, i also knew Conor would kncok him out

I think he can from what Cormier and people who have wrestled with him have said. Whether he can keep him there is the real question.

Also I’m not sure why people assume GSP will be stronger? Strength and size aren’t the same (within reason), and a fighter isn’t necessarily automatically stronger just because their one weight class above. Khabib could be the physically stronger of the two.

That said I’d be really surprised if he beat GSP.

I think he can from what Cormier and people who have wrestled with him have said. Whether he can keep him there is the real question.

Also I’m not sure why people assume GSP will be stronger? Strength and size aren’t the same (within reason), and a fighter isn’t necessarily automatically stronger just because their one weight class above. Khabib could be the physically stronger of the two.

That said I’d be really surprised if he beat GSP.
Regarding strength. You are right in that we won't know who's stronger until they tangle but I think we can go by their respective careers. McGregor could physically hang strength wise with Khabib in the clinch - in spurts - while he had nothing strength - wise for Nate and got put on his ass repeatedly by Mendes. GSP was able to take Hughes down with ease and even took Bispings ass down, a fighter with above average TDD and a mid sized middleweight at that. No straight comparison to be made here but in my mind this infers superior strength for GSP. The eye test goes a long way in this as well.

Not a chance

Gsp does everything Khabib does but better

Would jab Khabib's face off at will and take down Khabib when ever he felt like it

Khabib CAN only beat smaller men at LW

Khabib has nothing for someone his size in Gsp

@GSPSAKU

Agree with this but will add , Khabib straight wrestling is better. In MMA GSP is the best because of his transitions between striking and Takedowns, even defence . The way he uses his jab and hides his Takedowns are a thing not one wrestler has been able to deal with. Also his speed is better , use of the double leg . Khabi has to fight his way in and work his TD's . Would be hard to do with GSP.

The arguement about the Hendricks fight, NO! Yes Hendricks was a great wrestler but GSP had already decided to retire and as we all know and has been proven again and again . If your mind isn't into it ,your in the way out the door ,you don't fight 100%.

I say gsp is much stronger and works him over like a red headed step child

Ea$y money for Khabib.

GSP having success against traditional Folkstyle wrestlers means NOTHING against Khabibs style.

GSP looked sloppy, slow, and fatigued against gatekeeper Bisping.

Ea$y money for Khabib.

GSP having success against traditional Folkstyle wrestlers means NOTHING against Khabibs style.

Hater? First of all It is doubtful whether Khabib will even land that telegraphed right on GSP, If GSP can survive Condit s shin he can survive Eagle s right hand as well. Ai quinta was able to stuff some takedowns from Khabib GSP can do it too, he may have better wrestling than GSP but GSP is not that far off.

Agree with this but will add , Khabib straight wrestling is better. In MMA GSP is the best because of his transitions between striking and Takedowns, even defence . The way he uses his jab and hides his Takedowns are a thing not one wrestler has been able to deal with. Also his speed is better , use of the double leg . Khabi has to fight his way in and work his TD's . Would be hard to do with GSP.

The arguement about the Hendricks fight, NO! Yes Hendricks was a great wrestler but GSP had already decided to retire and as we all know and has been proven again and again . If your mind isn't into it ,your in the way out the door ,you don't fight 100%.
Naw Khabib is very over rated

Him beating a career FW doesn't change anything

That career FW actually gave Khabib his toughest fight ever not named Tibua

Gsp's straight wrestling is far better. Gsp doesn't get his TDs routinely stuffed like Khabib does

Khabib would have NOTHING for Gap.

Conor actually had a far greater shot against Gsp with his southpaw style and striking style (to land something on the feet)

I seriously doubt it. GSP was as close to a perfect fighter as you’re going to see.

You say "was". A lot of people here do this. We aren't talking about GSP in his prime. We are talking about GSP today. I'm a big fan of GSP, but I have to imagine that Khabib could get him down at least once. Whether or not he can keep him there is another story.

You say "was". A lot of people here do this. We aren't talking about GSP in his prime. We are talking about GSP today. I'm a big fan of GSP, but I have to imagine that Khabib could get him down at least once. Whether or not he can keep him there is another story.

Ya, you could be right, hard to say. GSP never wanted to fight close range and Khabib seems to have a knack for both getting the body lock and shooting from far away, would be awesome to see.

Edit: GSP also looks about twice the size of Khabib.

Ea$y money for Khabib.

Lol please that gatekeeper you talk about had success against Chael Sonnen stuffing his takedowns.
GSP mauls him and jabs him to death

Back