Can someone explain why Joe Rogan never competed in UFC or Jiu Jitsu tourneys?

his hands might be trash, but his legs can kick from here to YAYA!
But he wasn't even a state champion in TKD

I like to bash Rogan as much as anyone but this is a stupid reason to do so. Fighting and even competing in grappling is dangerous. You are just about guaranteed to suffer injuries that permanently lower your quality of life, which he already has regardless. You get hurt even training this shit, let alone going into full camps and competing. It is not worth it in any way, unless you're just a born competitor who can't imagine not doing so or you're dead broke, talented and have literally no other option. The people who compete are idiots by and large, or they're too young to know better, and there's a reason for that.

They are not idiots, they love fighting like most men, it's just that THEY CAN DO IT

He stated on his podcast he stopped because his heel hurt for a week after koing somebody with a spinning back kick and he realized he wasn't even the best and people can do that to him so he quit because he was afraid to take that kind of damage.

Actually very reasonable if you don't blatantly hate the guy lol

Said it himself. "I would break that drug test like a hammer hitting a carnival bell in a bugs bunny cartoon" - Joe Rogan

There is not even any footage if him rolling. What is he afraid of? He loves exposure, but why is he hiding when it comes to jujitsu?

Majority of BJJ practitioners do not compete. People do it for fun or self defense not just to prove something to someone. Joe does it for fun and to understand fight game. Why does it bother you so much? did he make you look beta in front of your gf?

Bullshit. My coach wouldn’t give me blue until I scrapped in a tourney. Maybe the Gustavo Machado lineage just rolls harder. Joe has been sheltered, and it’s a fucking disgrace that he’s a black belt without having ever competed. The term “friendship belt” comes to mind. I don’t know where you train, but none of the black belts on my team (let alone blue) have ever skirted competition.

Back