Can someone recommend a good .40 cal?

HK or S&W M&P.

Glocks are best in 9mm or 10mm. Not sure how the gen4 .40's are holding up...

Not a big fan of .40
Get 9mm or a .45
This. I hate the .40 S&W. It's like a half-assed compromise between 9mm and .45.
The recoil sucks too.
I'd just get a good 9mm, like a Glock 19 or S&W M&P 9.

I've got a Glock 27 that I carry sometimes. Its too small if you have normal or above sized hands but is easily concealable.

I don't see why anyone would want a 40 caliber weapon for anything except making a specific power class in IPSC.

i would agree with the 9 or .45 over the .40, but if you insist on a .40 look at the cz75, it comes chambered in both .40 and 9mm, and is a classic.
all steel (will help with the snappy recoil of the .40), solid engineering, and a classic.

you can grab one for around 500, sometimes less these days, though its going up in price.

if you decide on a .45 they make a model for that as well

Here's my next pistol. FN five-seven... Shoots a 5.7 x 28mm carbine bullet. Comes with three 30 round mags! $1000.

0.jpg

Correct. The .40 has some real lack of penetration issues. 9 or 45 is the way to go.

LOL Wut???

im not a .40 fan but as far as pistol rounds it does not have penetration issues.

9mm,40, 45, 38 are all decent self defense rounds.

LOL Wut???

im not a .40 fan but as far as pistol rounds it does not have penetration issues.

9mm,40, 45, 38 are all decent self defense rounds.

Yup. You want the bullet to go into the bad guy and cause damage, not to blow a hole through him, or through drywall and hit someone on the other side.

You gotta remember that the 40 was designed specifically for the FBI for law enforcement purposes. Law enforcement and self defense purposes are practically identical.

I have the H&K P30 variant 3 in 9mm. They also make it in 40 S&W now. I will have this pistol forever! It has 3 backstraps as well as 3 sets of lateral grips. Whatever type hand you have it will fit. Seriously accurate and concealable to a certain degree. It basically the same size as the Glock 19 with the exception of being a little wider. You can't lose with this pistol.

You gotta remember that the 40 was designed specifically for the FBI for law enforcement purposes. Law enforcement and self defense purposes are practically identical.

That means fuck all, and reading up on the creation of the cartridge and the evolution of adaption and transitions to others afterwards will teach you that.

The only reason the .40 exists is because the FBI were a bunch of girly men and couldn't handle the 10mm.

The only reason the .40 exists is because the FBI were a bunch of girly men and couldn't handle the 10mm.

Also because 9mm and .38sp +p couldn't get the job done at the Miami shootout and the bad guys got peppered with bullets in the head, neck and all over them and were still fighting back and killing cops.

9mm is a weak round. If it wasnt Gabrielle Giffords wouldn't be alive.

I carry a Beretta PX4 Storm. Holds 14+1 rounds, DA/SA, and it's super comfy to carry all day long.

The Miami shootout was a complete cluster fuck. It would have probably turned out the same way if the agents had .40 S&W's (several of them had .357 magnums).

Also because 9mm and .38sp +p couldn't get the job done at the Miami shootout and the bad guys got peppered with bullets in the head, neck and all over them and were still fighting back and killing cops.

9mm is a weak round. If it wasnt Gabrielle Giffords wouldn't be alive.

The Miami shootout was a complete cluster fuck. It would have probably turned out the same way if the agents had .40 S&W's (several of them had .357 magnums).

The bad guys got hit with .38 +p, 9mm and 00 buckshot. One of them 12 times, the other 6 times. These include head shots, throat shots and various other "mortal" shots. No stopping power = they were able to shoot back for 4 minutes before going down.

There is a reason why they upgraded to 10mm after this mess.

40S&W is a great round with a good penetration, good weight and good expansion.

Back