Can the best boys high school basketball team in the nation beat the best WNBA team?

Depends on how many "identify as a woman" players there are i guess.

Lebron's first game he was dunking all over the Sacramento Kings. At 18 years old.

Kobe was great at 18.

The boys would win by 100+ points.

Britney Griner did say that she could beat Demarcus Cousins one on one. She also called him a little boy.

Lol this question would only be asked by either a woman or someone with zero sports knowledge

Lol this question would only be asked by either a woman or someone with zero sports knowledge
Quite the opposite: it's a question asked by insecure dudes who watch shitloads of sports and want to feel some derivative sense of achievement knowing that a bunch of 18 yr old NBA players are better than WNBA women.

Womens national team I played against could shoot really well and were dirty.
Pushing. Elbows. Nut grabbing. I was really surprised and I couldn't really retaliate.
Going up for dunks was literally unstoppable unless they fouled the shit out of me

what an absurd incel question.
Yes, a bunch of nba-ready guys can beat a WNBA team.
How about the best 14 year Olds from the state of Wyoming vs a wnba team?

How about the best 14 year Olds from the state of Wyoming vs a wnba team?

Coin flip. Wyoming only has like 600k people, and it’s mostly roughnecks who care fuckall about basketball. I think a WNBA team would hold their own against 14yo boys basketball team from Wyoming. Would go to at least 6 games, in a 7 game series.

I played 4 years of highschool basketball but rode the pine. From 2000-2002 I went to ventura community college and did basketball PE class there with bunch of other guys, many of whom also played some highschool basketball. The college womens team asked 5 of us to practice against the girls squad. The coach said for us to go at about 75% and to not jump around the basket for rebounds or blocks as to prevent possible injury. Keep in mind, none of us guys were good enough to even play juco level for the mens team. We steamrolled the girls so hard, it was a joke. Those girls teams went a combined 67-6 over those 2 years and won the state championship both years in 2001 and 2002. Local papers were talking about how amazing they were. And my unathletic couldnt get on the court in highschool ass was treating them like I was an unstoppable phenom lol. The coach was very thankful for the ass whoppings we gave them every week to help them dominate their games and win the titles.

It's pretty common practice for top women's programs to practice against regular male students that played in high school but weren't good enough to get a scholarship anywhere.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1999/03/...heir-game-but-share-little-championship-glory

Lady Vols coach Pat Summitt began signing up male practice
fodder as soon as she got her job in 1974. "It was the most
natural thing in the world for me," she says. "When I played
internationally"--she co-captained the U.S. Olympic team to the
silver medal in 1976--"we always found men to practice against."

She has no idea who was the first women's coach to field male
practice players, but many Division I programs now use them.

It's pretty common practice for top women's programs to practice against regular male students that played in high school but weren't good enough to get a scholarship anywhere.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1999/03/...heir-game-but-share-little-championship-glory
Yeah, I shouldn’t have came off so douchey in my comment saying “it was a joke”, I enjoyed doing it and helping out and I think the coach intentionally chose guys with some organized background since we could play the game the right way and understood the fundamentals and how to handle different defenses.

Random aside, but wasn't there someone like 10 years ago in Mayberry who worked as a grad assistant student teacher / tutor @ UT who said Summit was a crazy evil bitch and would threaten professors to give her students improved grades to stay eligible?
My memory is hazy tho.
Then again, so was Pat's ;)

Not only the WNBA. The best american highschoolers could probably fuck up mens national teams from other countries.
Easy there, the Olympics have shown that in Men’s BB, the world can compete with the US now. The US is still dominant, but it’s not always a forgone conclusion against certain national teams from Europe.

Easy there, the Olympics have shown that in Men’s BB, the world can compete with the US now. The US is still dominant, but it’s not always a forgone conclusion against certain national teams from Europe.

Yeah the USA college basketball team stopped dominating the Olympics in 1988, and it only took 16 years for the NBA guys to not win, you can add all the excuses that was not the best team the USA could put on the court, but it was better than any HS team they could bring.

Junior High would be closer but... The average 8th grader can dunk these days...

Not every national team makes the Olympics

Not every national team makes the Olympics
FIBA much? International Basketball goes beyond the Olympics. Our 2022 FIBA team filled with semi pro and G League pro MEN only got bronze. But sure. Let’s send our high schoolers out there.

FIBA much? International Basketball goes beyond the Olympics. Our 2022 FIBA team filled with semi pro and G League pro MEN only got bronze. But sure. Let’s send our high schoolers out there.

Luka dominated the euros at 15, if you think our best possible high schoolers couldn't compete with some international teams you're just an idiot. Not only do we have better developmental programs we'd be funneling our best talent.

Back