Can we agree that Jamahal lost that fight before it even began?

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Nothing but a build up of forced trash talk that wasn't called for. Throughout fight week, Jamahal would go from looking all pumped up and aggressive to scared shitless, meaning that he was actually scared shitless the entire time. His way of dealing it was to be disrespectful and angry, and as we know, anger's most often sourced from fear. It all culminated during Pereira's walkout when Jamahal was doing everything from standing outside the octagon to flailing around inside it. I'm not saying this was as bad as Megan Anderson looking like an utter ghost when she was entering the Apex to fight Nunes, but it was still bad.

This goes to show you that Pereira has become truly special. Guys are aware of the threat of brutal violence that he imposes. I get the sense that this same thing happened to a lot of Silva's opponents.

The Death Stare affects all mortals

giphy.gif

Seemed like Hill was trying too hard the whole week

Even during Alex's fight intro he was doing a dance in the cage for the cameras.. just focus on the fight bro.. I get trying to sell it at the presser, but at that point its time to focus!

I think Hill was operating more off of confidence than skill. He, like many others, believed that because he had won that he was a winner. But absent the winning there was nothing there to suggest as much.

Out of any of the last set of revolving champs, did anyone really believe that Hill was "the one"? Now that he has been defeated, does he seem likely to reclaim the strap? I think not. I see him having a tough time staying in the top 5.

I wouldnt say that, but he has been through alot to get back there. No one was givin him a chance and he had a long recovery. So he had a uphill mountain to climb mentally and physically

SIGNIFICANT STRIKES

FIGHTERSIG. STRSIG. STR. %HEADBODYLEGDISTANCECLINCHGROUND
Alex Pereira
Jamahal Hill
24 of 30
12 of 22
80%
54%
12 of 15
1 of 7
6 of 6
3 of 6