Opinion Can we end racism?

Can we end racism?

• Total voters
I'd say no. Like you said, people will always be judgmental but I also believe that if liberals and minorities want to start with the elimination of racism, being racists towards white people and then saying "i can't be racist, I have no power" really needs to stop. Not only is that a ridiculous statement but it does exactly what they don't want: it perpetrates racism and stereotypes.

Since white liberals are pussies and actually encourage that type of behavior, then I'd say no, it'll never end.

In other words, nobody is exempt from helping to fight racism.
Ok but as soon people start talking about concrete steps to end structural racism people go ape shit. Like police misconduct. The way police do their jobs is clearly racist, I know this based on what I’ve seen with my own eyes compared to what my white friends think happens. Nobody wants to talk about putting real sanctions on cops. Cops aren’t angels, some of them are real scumbags, and the majority of white cops from what I’ve seen have an innate bias against black people at minimum, at maximum some of them are actually white supremacist and/or have sociopathic tendencies.

Do you think it's even possible? Racism we see among people, seems like a learned behavior. However, I believe we are genetically predisposed to be biased or attracted to certain look or not attracted to a certain look.

It's really unavoidable. Even if started by scratch today with no history of racism in humanity. These biases and tendencies will manifest themselves in the long run. It's just human nature for people to judge people based on their looks. Racism I believe will always exist, it's human nature. All humans are irrational and they will eventually give in to their biases.

And everyone has biases, you're not human if you don't.
You might find this informative.

Seeing that all races are in some way or form racist I would say no

No.

Racism seems to be all about nasty whities, which is wrong.

Not a chance in hell. It's been around since the dawn of civilization in one form or another. Arabs still own black and Indian slaves. All the different Asian countries hate each other. Humans are destructive by nature and war is always a possibility

Ending racism is like ending jealousy or hate or ignorant thinking. It's not happening. Just take a look at my signature.

I also don't think it's the right question.

Can we at the very least remove structural and institutionalized discriminatory policies and laws and mitigate the damage those laws have caused?

Can we stop working against each other and with each other? This country was supposedly founded with Christian values by the golden rule is hardly observed.

The kind of racism the Left constantly harps about has largely been eliminated already.

Lol, Western nations are the least racist countries on the planet. We allow thousands upon thousands of foreigners the opportunity to come to our country for a “better life”. We totally throw out western culture and adhere to their desires, allow them to speak whatever language they choose to in public (not assimilate), give them priorities in hiring/college admissions and call our own citizens racist if we don’t fully agree.

African, Asia, South American countries are vastly more racist than the west.

I think racism is unfortunately human nature. As we evolved we developed a tribalistic mentality. I suppose millenium ago it was essential for our survival. Now it is a relic, innate response. We even see it today in a civilized society with opposing football teams.

I just realized now that Palestinians have been trying to do what the blacks are doing now in the United States except the Israelis shoot them and bulldoze their houses.

Struggle is not unique to America. It's a phenomenon all over the world. Humans are actually more kept apart by social class then by nationality. Some say it's a natural order of things. I don't know.

Ending racism is like ending jealousy or hate or ignorant thinking. It's not happening. Just take a look at my signature.

I also don't think it's the right question.

Can we at the very least remove structural and institutionalized discriminatory policies and laws and mitigate the damage those laws have caused?

Can we stop working against each other and with each other? This country was supposedly founded with Christian values by the golden rule is hardly observed.

Give me a break about your sig. @Orgasmo 's post was clearly facetious and not meant to be taken seriously. Lol at putting that in your sig. Grow a sack bro.

I don’t get , it we ARE all different and we
No
If its not about race its about size, sexuality, hair color.
Human specy is made to dislike whats different.
Some people hate on ginger, small persons just because.
And its not like the rethoric that only white people are racist is true, you find this all over the world.
Just look at Asia, japanese and chinese hate each others, Korean doesnt like chinese too. Etc
its not a human species thing.
Its natural to all living creatures.

Not unless we're all mixed. Until then, there's always going to be people who find ways to be proud of their skin colour.

These protests are encouraged by big party politics, and completely worthless. The Federal government loves this shit, and the local governments love it even more. The President doesn't control your police department. He has nothing to do with the Minneapolis PD, or any PD for that matter. Trump is a huge piece of shit, but he is not responsible for this. Why do local governments love this? They get to point the finger at the Fed, all the while they are the ones responsible for the thugs on the PD. All the talk is about voting out Trump, they escape any blame. The average local voter is a 55 year old white person who cares about property values, nothing else. That is who the mayor and PD work for. They pay the property tax, which pays the PD, and they vote for the mayor. Voting in Biden will change nothing, other than getting some stupid federal regulations that do nothing. Hardly any of these mofos marching around vote in any election. This is a statistical fact.

Racism now all stems from economic inequality. Blacks are overwhelmingly poor because people who are born poor, generally stay poor. Economic mobility in America is dying. If you can't fix the economy, everything about this country will implode.

main-qimg-9d7188f0640e8428a61c4f450c03dd1f

204LuYt.jpg

I lived in the US for 20 years and never really encountered any racism other than "Black History Month" or minorities quotas at universities.

how the fuck did you encounter racism during black history month? LMAO. Were you mad we dont celebrate Putin month here? Dont fret with Trump as president for another 4 more years we might.

Back