Can you make a decent living playing minors/second tier league

Minor hockey dont they commonly have career players??

They average 750k a year.

In the AHL or ECHL? Either that is pretty good.

Ok so those are minors? AHL,ECHL

Then im thinking the 2nd tier leagues then? WHL,OHL?

NHL farmer teams.

My bad its been a long day and some damn great fights tonight so i might be a bit confusing.haha

Ok so those are minors? AHL,ECHL

Then im thinking the 2nd tier leagues then? WHL,OHL?

NHL farmer teams.

My bad its been a long day and some damn great fights tonight so i might be a bit confusing.haha

WHL, and OHL are major juniors. They dont get paid. They do get to live with a "billet" family for free. The billet families get paid to take care of the player. They also have to go to school if they that age. I hear they get some kind of stipend at the end of their careers though.

The US has versions of this Major Junior in the USHL, and NAHL. But USHL, and NAHL can still play college hockey. Apparently WHL, OHL, QMJHL players cannot participate in American NCAA sports.

AHL, and ECHL players are pros. They have agents, sign contracts, and get paid to play. They also have their own union.

oh wait what that sux. Does the team pay for travel, airplane food, lodging, lunch, and what not?

Yes but so what. You still have to pay for personal living expenses. They may have some sort of subsidized housing.

Play for a number of years.

Get a job in the big leagues as a scout, coach, or manager.

Seems like a pretty rough life full of rides on bad buses and stays in seedy motels from what I've seen.

Back