Social Can you make it for at least 2 weeks in the wilderness on your own with minimal supplies?

Location would play a big part in this. I would definitely do better in warmer climates near a large body of water to drink, bathe, and fish. I think the colder you go, the more difficult. You have less vegetation and would have to rely more on shelter and fire.

Yes, as long i don't have to run around. If you give me a knife that's a bloody good start but could manage without if I had to. Drop me in another country would make it harder though..

Some people go on a one-month fast on purpose, you'd survive 2 weeks just fine. Technically all you need to do is find water within the first 48 hours, make a shitty shelter then wait out the clock.

You can tie off one end of a raccoon’s large intestine to fashion a condom and then use that condom to fuck the dead raccoon.

giphy.gif

200.gif

I once spent 2 weeks at a waterfall on Vancouver Island with nothing but a knife, a tarp, a blanket, and a big ol jug of opium tea...

I actually think I could do 2 weeks pretty easily anywhere, with the exception being stuck in an extreme desert.

The show gives the participants plenty of tools, even tarps. 2 weeks with those provided equipment is easy.

If you ever get around to watching the show Alone on the history Channel do it. Only reality show that interests me.
It's definitely a cool show.

I actually know both Greg and Megan from season 3 (Patagonia). They both had damn good showings. Greg still has the record for most fish caught in any season, even though he was out there for around a month shorter than some of the champs.
They both said how hauling nearly 80lbs of camera gear around was the worst bit of it all. You'd think they could just give em a few Go-Pros and a trail cam, but I guess there was a lot more to it than that.

It's definitely a cool show.

I actually know both Greg and Megan from season 3 (Patagonia). They both had damn good showings. Greg still has the record for most fish caught in any season, even though he was out there for around a month shorter than some of the champs.
They both said how hauling nearly 80lbs of camera gear around was the worst bit of it all. You'd think they could just give em a few Go-Pros and a trail cam, but I guess there was a lot more to it than that.
Why did they really cut it short?

Back