News Canada Border Agent denied Rodtang from entering Canada on suspicion of illegally entry

He is currently just 26 and arguably won his last bout with Superlek. He always fought aggressively every fight, don't think he has that much wears and tears on his body like Buakaw, Superbon, Saenchai. At most, he would be a little less fresher than Tawanchai and Haggerty due to the nature of his muay style.

I don't remember Buakaw getting dropped more then 3 times the last 20 years. Vs Sato liver knee KO. Vs Andrade or what what brasilian mma fighter who is a coach at chute box, with a lucky punch in a fight he won and didn't take any shots besides the first round. And Masato dropped him once with a punch. Buakaw should be pretty healthy.

I don't remember Buakaw getting dropped more then 3 times the last 20 years. Vs Sato liver knee KO. Vs Andrade or what what brasilian mma fighter who is a coach at chute box, with a lucky punch in a fight he won and didn't take any shots besides the first round. And Masato dropped him once with a punch. Buakaw should be pretty healthy.
Buakaw didn't like to move his head (part of his style) which makes the impact of strikes to the face/head lethal and has been in almost 400 fights now. He never fought in Lumpinee though, became very famous in K1 beating farangs and other foreigners with different discipline instead of completing with local Thais.

Buakaw didn't like to move his head (part of his style) which makes the impact of strikes to the face/head lethal and has been in almost 400 fights now. He never fought in Lumpinee though, became very famous in K1 beating farangs and other foreigners with different discipline instead of completing with local Thais.

He fought many Thais before K1 Max.

Farangs > Thais.

Thais don't dominate european Kickboxers in kickboxing.

As for Muay Thai. Who competes in it anyeays besides Thais

Regardless of moving his head a lot he really stands out in fighting for someone who doesn't take a good amount of damage in fights. I been a huge k1 kax fan and watched probably every Buakaw fight there and he really got away making a lot of money and not getting brain damage. He kicks and knees so much his opponents don't get to his head

Also isn't farang and foreigner the same.

Thais dominate Muay Thai. But they aren't better fighters then European Kickboxers, global boxers or western MMA fighters. They're just focused on their own sport. That being said the number of good and elite fighters from Thailand is extremely high, it's concentrated cause it's the national sport. But I don't agree that Thais are better then anyone else. They are up there. But rest of the world got elite fighters too. Now within Muay Thai obviously they are the best.

Muay Thai is more dangerous compared to kickboxing. Those elbows can break your face in a instant. Who wants to do a bone surgery on their face. Horror.

Glad Buakaw got himself agreat career in kickboxing.

Farangs > Thais.

When it comes to the aesthetic/beauty of being Nak Muay, I still liked Thais better than any farang. Living there for 24 years, I've never seen one able to perfected the art in every aspects. Most camps in BKK, Phuket, Pattaya, Samui also held secrets they're willing to teach only to Thais and foreigners who born, bred and speak Thai.

Kickboxing is a truly international sport and much more widespread than MT which is just a national-traditional sport of Siam. You got Dutch/Standard, American, Japanese, and other ways of perfecting KB. MT is more inclusive and Thais are also old-fashioned, proud of their art, and preferred to learn what they do best from their ancestors unless they wanna make a name for themselves going international route with other disciplines. This is mostly the case before ONE was established and took over fighting scenes in SEA.
Regardless of moving his head a lot he really stands out in fighting for someone who doesn't take a good amount of damage in fights. I been a huge k1 kax fan and watched probably every Buakaw fight there and he really got away making a lot of money and not getting brain damage. He kicks and knees so much his opponents don't get to his head
There're considerable amount of old-schooled MT pugilists who criticised him not completing with local legends instead choosing the K1 route given the reason "I wanted represent Muay Thai to the world/international viewers" while this's party true, he desired fame, recognition, and money first and foremost. Despite that, he's an absolute legend '70 to '00 fight fans are looking up to and arguably had one of the best K1 runs of all time comparable to that of Fedor's.

Thais dominate Muay Thai. But they aren't better fighters then European Kickboxers, global boxers or western MMA fighters. They're just focused on their own sport. That being said the number of good and elite fighters from Thailand is extremely high, it's concentrated cause it's the national sport. But I don't agree that Thais are better then anyone else. They are up there. But rest of the world got elite fighters too. Now within Muay Thai obviously they are the best.
Farang/ฝรั่ง means/แปลว่า White-skinned Westerners (Americans, Europeans, Oceanians).

คนต่างชาติ means/แปลว่า Foreigners (Anyone who isn't born, bred, speak Thai natively, and Thai ethnic.
Muay Thai is more dangerous compared to kickboxing. Those elbows can break your face in a instant. Who wants to do a bone surgery on their face. Horror.

Yup. MT strikes are much more lethal compared to Dutch/Standard Kickboxing and other forms of KB. It's comparable to Lethwei and Kyokushin in deadliness. But the beautiful display of its technical aspect is undeniable. And there're cases many judges gave the win to the fighter with less output, but better composure and throwing strike traditionally instead of only focused on landing more/causing damage.

Agreed. Buakaw was the best semi-Muay Thai Kickboxer who've chosen KB route going international. And I wished to see him competing in Lumpinee and ONE to give a glimpse how he'd have done against post-2012 generation and aggressive youngsters nowadays.

When it comes to the aesthetic/beauty of being Nak Muay, I still liked Thais better than any farang. Living there for 24 years, I've never seen one able to perfected the art in every aspects. Most camps in BKK, Phuket, Pattaya, Samui also held secrets they're willing to teach only to Thais and foreigners who born, bred and speak Thai.

Kickboxing is a truly international sport and much more widespread than MT which is just a national-traditional sport of Siam. You got Dutch/Standard, American, Japanese, and other ways of perfecting KB. MT is more inclusive and Thais are also old-fashioned, proud of their art, and preferred to learn what they do best from their ancestors unless they wanna make a name for themselves going international route with other disciplines. This is mostly the case before ONE was established and took over fighting scenes in SEA.

There're considerable amount of old-schooled MT pugilists who criticised him not completing with local legends instead choosing the K1 route given the reason "I wanted represent Muay Thai to the world/international viewers" while this's party true, he desired fame, recognition, and money first and foremost. Despite that, he's an absolute legend '70 to '00 fight fans are looking up to and arguably had one of the best K1 runs of all time comparable to that of Fedor's.

Farang/ฝรั่ง means/แปลว่า White-skinned Westerners (Americans, Europeans, Oceanians).

คนต่างชาติ means/แปลว่า Foreigners (Anyone who isn't born, bred, speak Thai natively, and Thai ethnic.

Yup. MT strikes are much more lethal compared to Dutch/Standard Kickboxing and other forms of KB. It's comparable to Lethwei and Kyokushin in deadliness. But the beautiful display of its technical aspect is undeniable. And there're cases many judges gave the win to the fighter with less output, but better composure and throwing strike traditionally instead of only focused on landing more/causing damage.

Agreed. Buakaw was the best semi-Muay Thai Kickboxer who've chosen KB route going international. And I wished to see him competing in Lumpinee and ONE to give a glimpse how he'd have done against post-2012 generation and aggressive youngsters nowadays.

That's some amazing insight. I never knew there were secret techniques that aren't all over youtube or taught all over the world. There's a muay thai gym in town and they have thais come over sometimes to teach. I'm considering singing up though I'm into training kickboxing. But to me it's the same sport. Difference is clinch, which old k1 had, and elbows. Thai matches also have the 5 rounds and music. And scoring is a bit different like kicking the arms counts.

What's deadly about Kyokushin compared to kickboxing

The secret techniques are really intriguing

How safe is Thailand for western tourists to train Muay Thai.

Farangs > Thais.

Muay Thai is actually pretty international. France, UK, America, Japan, Australia and Italy all have big scenes. Also the Dutch were training clinch and elbows before K-1 influenced them.

Muay Thai is actually pretty international. France, UK, America, Japan, Australia and Italy all have big scenes. Also the Dutch were training clinch and elbows before K-1 influenced them.

It's not really televised. Globally people train Muay Thai. But there is no famous org. Kickboxing had K1 now Glory. Boxing is boxing, ancient sport. Mma got many orgs. Muay Thai didn't have a famous prime time org. Lupine and Ramasomethingjan stadion are known but they don't produce and televise on international standards. Smart of Chatiri (name?) to pick it up it's a good move. Muay Thai is spectacular and a sport that was open to be made major media wise. Since noone grabed it before.

As for Farangs. We all kniw Ramon Dekkers right. He did it big. Even Gina Carano got he initial fame of winning like 10 fights in Thailand. Before WMMA was a thing. And she had the looks to cross over.

It's not really televised. Globally people train Muay Thai. But there is no famous org. Kickboxing had K1 now Glory. Boxing is boxing, ancient sport. Mma got many orgs. Muay Thai didn't have a famous prime time org. Lupine and Ramasomethingjan stadion are known but they don't produce and televise on international standards. Smart of Chatiri (name?) to pick it up it's a good move. Muay Thai is spectacular and a sport that was open to be made major media wise. Since noone grabed it before.

As for Farangs. We all kniw Ramon Dekkers right. He did it big. Even Gina Carano got he initial fame of winning like 10 fights in Thailand. Before WMMA was a thing. And she had the looks to cross over.
It seems like among combat sports only really the UFC is televised properly. Boxing there are pay per views that the average person will never buy and then highlight videos of fights that happened decades ago. To get kickboxing, Muay Thai, or MMA orgs besides UFC you typically have to buy subscription channels that most people dont buy. One thing I really like about ONE is that theres someone besides the UFC making a combat sports product truly accessible to the average fight fan.

It seems like among combat sports only really the UFC is televised properly. Boxing there are pay per views that the average person will never buy and then highlight videos of fights that happened decades ago. To get kickboxing, Muay Thai, or MMA orgs besides UFC you typically have to buy subscription channels that most people dont buy. One thing I really like about ONE is that theres someone besides the UFC making a combat sports product truly accessible to the average fight fan.

Boxing always been on European television accross all countries. K1 has been on German television on a chanell called Eurosport, the weekly K1 show was called "Fight Club". Boxing kickboxing and MMA are also very popular and much viewed on youtube and social media. There's also a fight chanell in the balkan area with just mma ect fights. Television rights are also bought so everyone watches the boxing fights in free television. Muay Thai is not mainstream and doesn't have the professional recording and production. Also there are no non thai muay thai stars. Everyone knows boxers and now mma fighters. Muay Thai never got broadly famous in Europe and America. Also thai fights aren't paid like boxing or mma so it's less persuaded. Fight fans know what Muay Thai is, broad publicl not so much.

K1 held events in europe and the usa and had many stars from different western countries. Thailand is not hosting muay Thai events in the west or doesn't "produce" stars.

Again Muay Thai gyms are common also in the west. It's just not famous comparable to boxing and mma. Boxing and MMA are aslo bigger then kickboxing. Boxing has been around much much longer then the other sports it's traditionaly common and popular. Everybody knows who Mike Tyson and Muhamed Ali are. In Croatia and Bosnia also everyone knows who CroCop is. In Germany they also have many boxing stars, usually foriegners who are from Germany and get pushed. Like the Klitchko brothers and many more. They also changed the names of people like Felix Sturm to sound more German to make them more popular. Or Marko Hook. Marko Hooks real name is Muhamer Hukić. They pay them well and make them represent German boxing, fair enough. With Crocop mma in the balkans became very popular, since pride. Now Conor is global and the ufc. Mma is deemed brutal in Germany but itnhas become very popular recently too. There are German mma organisations. I actually still don't onow 1 single name of a Muay Thai organisation. Or even saw online the promo for a full Muay Thai event. And I been a fight fan for 22 years. I couldn't name something besides Lumpine and Ramajan (wrong spelling) stadion.

It's simply when you watch the videos of muay thai fights on youtube the recording quality is like a old nokia phone. That matters. Also language barrier. No translators or shows in english, like press conferences or promo tours.

Just popularity wise speaking.

And kickboxing is far behind boxing and mma when it comes to viewership and money. Kickboxing is only a real national major sport in Holland. And I guess Japan.

Also older people got the illusion that mma is much more brutal than boxing. Especially with the blood. They don't realize getting power punched to the head for 10 rounds is as hardcore as mma or muay thai. It seems more normal. Punches. No elbows, no kicks to the head, no hitting on the ground. Less superficial cuts.

Basically im the west boxing and mma are organised businesses with marketing. In Thailand Muay Thai is more of a passion and national sport. With much competing and I guess the betting scene.

Last edited:
Didn't you ask for your account to be deleted a few months ago? That was a good shout.

What's a good shout in that sense ?

Yes I did. And I love training kickboxing and martial arts. Just letting you know government older goverment people in general, don't look at us and think, yes we need more fights and knockouts. The average person isn't into fighting.

Last edited:
Boxing always been on European television accross all countries. K1 has been on German television on a chanell called Eurosport, the weekly K1 show was called "Fight Club". Boxing kickboxing and MMA are also very popular and much viewed on youtube and social media. There's also a fight chanell in the balkan area with just mma ect fights. Television rights are also bought so everyone watches the boxing fights in free television. Muay Thai is not mainstream and doesn't have the professional recording and production. Also there are no non thai muay thai stars. Everyone knows boxers and now mma fighters. Muay Thai never got broadly famous in Europe and America. Also thai fights aren't paid like boxing or mma so it's less persuaded. Fight fans know what Muay Thai is, broad publicl not so much.

K1 held events in europe and the usa and had many stars from different western countries. Thailand is not hosting muay Thai events in the west or doesn't "produce" stars.

Again Muay Thai gyms are common also in the west. It's just not famous comparable to boxing and mma. Boxing and MMA are aslo bigger then kickboxing. Boxing has been around much much longer then the other sports it's traditionaly common and popular. Everybody knows who Mike Tyson and Muhamed Ali are. In Croatia and Bosnia also everyone knows who CroCop is. In Germany they also have many boxing stars, usually foriegners who are from Germany and get pushed. Like the Klitchko brothers and many more. They also changed the names of people like Felix Sturm to sound more German to make them more popular. Or Marko Hook. Marko Hooks real name is Muhamer Hukić. They pay them well and make them represent German boxing, fair enough. With Crocop mma in the balkans became very popular, since pride. Now Conor is global and the ufc. Mma is deemed brutal in Germany but itnhas become very popular recently too. There are German mma organisations. I actually still don't onow 1 single name of a Muay Thai organisation. Or even saw online the promo for a full Muay Thai event. And I been a fight fan for 22 years. I couldn't name something besides Lumpine and Ramajan (wrong spelling) stadion.

It's simply when you watch the videos of muay thai fights on youtube the recording quality is like a old nokia phone. That matters. Also language barrier. No translators or shows in english, like press conferences or promo tours.

Just popularity wise speaking.

And kickboxing is far behind boxing and mma when it comes to viewership and money. Kickboxing is only a real national major sport in Holland. And I guess Japan.

Also older people got the illusion that mma is much more brutal than boxing. Especially with the blood. They don't realize getting power punched to the head for 10 rounds is as hardcore as mma or muay thai. It seems more normal. Punches. No elbows, no kicks to the head, no hitting on the ground. Less superficial cuts.

Basically im the west boxing and mma are organised businesses with marketing. In Thailand Muay Thai is more of a passion and national sport. With much competing and I guess the betting scene.
So across all of Europe boxing and kickboxing are on the common TV channels everyone watches? That really cool if true, in North America its not like that at all.

If you think MT is only in nokia phone quality with no non-Thai fighters and no English broadcast Im guessing the last time you checked was 10 years ago lol Besides the ONE shows I mentioned here are some other shows you might like:

They all have scenes..."big" - maybe your standards are too low.

Muay Thai is practiced in those countries but as a spectator sport they are as small as you can get.

They all have scenes..."big" - maybe your standards are too low.

Muay Thai is practiced in those countries but as a spectator sport they are as small as you can get.
True, I didnt mean they can draw a crowd. Seems like only boxing and MMA can do that outside Japan and Thailand.

I remember when there used to be a lot of Kickboxing on TV in the US, and I'm not just talking about the long pants stuff from the 80's. You would always run into some kind of Kickboxing in the 90's with stuff like "Oriental Rules" and then in the early 2000's there was A LOT of K-1 reruns playing on ESPN2 thanks to Scott Coker, until that idiot Tanikawa got upset about it and pulled the plug on those broadcasts. Shortly after the UFC did the Ultimate Fighter and it's been over ever since.

It's a bit harder to judge these days because most people have moved past the cable television model and use online/streaming services. I haven't had cable tv in like 15 years.

I think Rodtang looked hella good in his last fight. Did well against superlek and I thought he was breaking him

So across all of Europe boxing and kickboxing are on the common TV channels everyone watches? That really cool if true, in North America its not like that at all.

If you think MT is only in nokia phone quality with no non-Thai fighters and no English broadcast Im guessing the last time you checked was 10 years ago lol Besides the ONE shows I mentioned here are some other shows you might like:

if you think about it the biggest star in that lelek rotang fight made like 220 k. Average uper league soccer players make that in like poor countries. The most famous get like 100 milion a year. Simply said it´s not a big sport. Compared to other sports. I love it but still. Also doesn´t compare to MMA and Boxing. You got people like Andrei Arlovski in his +40ies making double what the top Muay Thai guy makes in his prime.

For as big as Rodtang is he doesn't have enough money to just chill in Thailand? no wonder everyone is crossing over to MMA or boxing these days. No money in Muay Thai even at the highest level to bother anymore.
its not about money for him. He has plenty. Its for MT, teaching, expirience, travel annd fun of it. Rodtang is young. Why chill. Dont see it out of your view which is a rare view. Go work.

its not about money for him. He has plenty. Its for MT, teaching, expirience, travel annd fun of it. Rodtang is young. Why chill. Dont see it out of your view which is a rare view. Go work.
When I say chill in Thailand it doesn't mean do absolutely nothing and sit on your ass. Buakaw was chilling in Thailand for years but he had other things going on like movies, his own gym/tourist attraction, Youtube channel and other stuff.

Back