Canadian Human Rights Commission

TheGZA

Excellent! But not good.
@Brown
Reaction score
What do our Canadian posters think of the HRC? Is it a reasonable response to rampant bigotry, or an unaccountable star chamber enforcing ideology at any cost?

From Wikipedia: In an exchange during the Marc Lemire case, lead CHRC investigator Dean Steacy was asked "What value do you give freedom of speech when you investigate?" Steacy responded: "Freedom of speech is an American concept, so I don't give it any value... It's not my job to give value to an American concept."

Sounds like Donald should take over Canada and straighten it out. Canada is Kangaroo court central.

The hrc is an absolute joke. It's concept, on the surface, sounds legitimate. But it's the court of bruised feelings.

absolutely disgusting. That lady should be removed from any public service related job

I don't feel Nazis should be entitled to express their hateful views on any platform.

Does the CHRC share an office with Iqra Khalid?

Canada better figure things out quickly.

"We're all Asia" (Pakistani Christian being lynched in Pakistan for supposed blasphemy - ie. drinking out of a Muslim's water cup).

I don't feel Nazis should be entitled to express their hateful views on any platform.

You have been now identified as a Nazi. See, because I've read several convincing posts recently that call both lefties and righties "brown shirts." So whoever is in charge can call the other Nazi.

You have been now identified as a Nazi. See, because I've read several convincing posts recently that call both lefties and righties "brown shirts." So whoever is in charge can call the other Nazi.

Maybe you should research the people mentioned above. Here's a picture of his bff Paul Fromm.....

Jason%2BStiles%2Band%2BPaul%2BFromm%2B-%2BFromm%2Bmeeting%2B-%2BOct%2B24%252C%2B2009%2B-%2B1.jpg

Seem like decent folks.

Maybe you should research the people mentioned above. Here's a picture of his bff Paul Fromm.....

Jason%2BStiles%2Band%2BPaul%2BFromm%2B-%2BFromm%2Bmeeting%2B-%2BOct%2B24%252C%2B2009%2B-%2B1.jpg

Seem like decent folks.

They don't look like decent folk.

At the same time be careful what you wish for in the criminalization of speech.

The hrc is an absolute joke. It's concept, on the surface, sounds legitimate. But it's the court of bruised feelings.

My friend was a dark skinned black guy. A very professional dude who was hired for a company where he was the only black person and everyone else was white.

After a few months they fired him saying he wasn’t a good fit for the company. He hadn’t done anything wrong. This dude was so professional in all his dealings.

He went to the HRC here in Toronto and they awarded him 6 months salary.

I have to agree they didn’t want him around because having a black guy in an all white office was awkward for them. He wasn’t dumb at all.

My friend was a dark skinned black guy. A very professional dude who was hired for a company where he was the only black person and everyone else was white.

After a few months they fired him saying he wasn’t a good fit for the company. He hadn’t done anything wrong. This dude was so professional in all his dealings.

He went to the HRC here in Toronto and they awarded him 6 months salary.

I have to agree they didn’t want him around because having a black guy in an all white office was awkward for them. He wasn’t dumb at all.
That is one of the times where I agree with them being around. And what I meant by the concept being legitimate. There are many cases out there that are straight out of left field though.

That being said, sounds like your buddy's former employer exercised their right to dismiss without cause while under probationary period. So even though I don't agree with what happened to your friend this is a case of one government body stepping in and punishing someone for acting within the law.

As a recommendation committee, sure. Ideally they would be funded by private interest groups and no tax payers. Also have no legal authority.

That is one of the times where I agree with them being around. And what I meant by the concept being legitimate. There are many cases out there that are straight out of left field though.

That being said, sounds like your buddy's former employer exercised their right to dismiss without cause while under probationary period. So even though I don't agree with what happened to your friend this is a case of one government body stepping in and punishing someone for acting within the law.

There's also a labour board that deals with that

I can't really say anything about it.

<{ByeHomer}>

What do our Canadian posters think of the HRC? Is it a reasonable response to rampant bigotry, or an unaccountable star chamber enforcing ideology at any cost?

From Wikipedia: In an exchange during the Marc Lemire case, lead CHRC investigator Dean Steacy was asked "What value do you give freedom of speech when you investigate?" Steacy responded: "Freedom of speech is an American concept, so I don't give it any value... It's not my job to give value to an American concept."
The CHRC has relatively limited jurisdiction. The provincial counterparts, such as the OHRT are the real monsters.

Thankfully, our Superior Courts know bullshit when they see it: https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onscdc/doc/2018/2018onsc3690/2018onsc3690.html

[51] In oral submissions, counsel for the City submitted that the right to political speech was a lesser right than other rights guaranteed by the Charter. Accordingly, the process needed to infringe a political party’s freedom of expression is somehow lessened.

[52] We disagree with that proposition. There is no jurisprudence to support that contention.

These are the kinds of beasts the progressive liberal horde has in their army.

Back