Law Canadian PM Trudeau: "It will no longer be possible to buy, sell, transfer, or import handguns"

The US is far less safe than any of it's peers for sure.

maybe. depends on what the peers are. as much as i hate philly, it's better than dealing with the narcos and federales.

regardless, lolz @ 'safety.' it seems that franklin had something to say about that...

virtually nothing is "needed." i guess we should ban phones, computers, pencils, cups, pizza, automobiles, etc.

but hey, drugs were banned and everyone immediately and forever ceased to get/do them. so bans clearly work!

Worked as well as Prohibition in the US. I mean, it's not like Canadian criminals made huge fortunes selling booze to American organised crime groups, like Capone's Chicago Outfit.

Oh, wait...

maybe. depends on what the peers are. as much as i hate philly, it's better than dealing with the narcos and federales.

regardless, lolz @ 'safety.' it seems that franklin had something to say about that...

Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Australia etc

Canadian gun owner and this is one of the most egregious displays of political theater i have ever seen. The vast amount of gun crimes in Canada are from illegal black market sales coming from the US.

Virtue signalling Trudy out done zerself with this one

Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Australia etc

wait, what? the uk? home of violent crime? are you fucking serious? lolz!

fucking knife bans (and... sporks!) and the hilarious constant "weapons sweeps" from the police?

dude.

{<jordan}

and australia? the country that lost a fucking war to... birds? twice? shit, australia seems WAY less safe than the usa.

914bc689412c45b26776e9492b55b36bf5313952_1.jpg

wait, what? the uk? home of violent crime? are you fucking serious? lolz!

fucking knife bans (and... sporks!) and the hilarious constant "weapons sweeps" from the police?

dude.

{<jordan}

and australia? the country that lost a fucking war to... birds? twice? shit, australia seems WAY less safe than the usa.

914bc689412c45b26776e9492b55b36bf5313952_1.jpg

In both countries you're 6 times less likely to get murdered than you are in the USA, which is what I'd generally use as a benchmark for safety.

In both countries you're 6 times less likely to get murdered than you are in the USA, which is what I'd generally use as a benchmark for safety.

while more likely to be assaulted or killed by animals.

This just looks to be some bullshit legislation to appease Trudeau's base, capitalizing on a tragedy in Texas that has nothing to do with Canada or Canadian gun laws. Handguns were already classified as Restricted firearms, requiring a Restricted PAL to own and only to be used at gun ranges. This is just piling on legal gun owners for political gain.

yeah, more likely to be assaulted sure sounds "safer."

<JagsKiddingMe>

so timmy's brain damaged. at least he's safe!

but yeah, this goalpost has moved considerably now.

Assault statistics tell you very little though. The vast, vast majority of assualts don't lead to brain damage. Murder statistics all have the same outcome.

Assault statistics tell you very little though. The vast, vast majority of assualts don't lead to brain damage. Murder statistics all have the same outcome.

i guess. my point was that there are outcomes worse than death.

This just looks to be some bullshit legislation to appease Trudeau's base, capitalizing on a tragedy in Texas that has nothing to do with Canada or Canadian gun laws.
It's quite galling how they can just do that.

There was a mass shooting in England last year. One of the victims was a three year old child. Having some of the most draconian gun laws in the world didn't stop that. Nor did it stop the ambush and murder of two female police officers with a Glock handgun and a grenade a few years earlier.

If someone is determined to commit murder, gun laws won't stop them. At best, they will find it more difficult.

There was a mass shooting in England last year. One of the victims was a three year old child. Having some of the most draconian gun laws in the world didn't stop that. Nor did it stop the ambush and murder of two female police officers with a Glock handgun and a grenade a few years earlier.

If someone is determined to commit murder, gun laws won't stop them. At best, they will find it more difficult.

The point is it makes it significantly more difficult. The murder rate in the UK is 6 times below that of the US. If someone wants to commit a mass shooting it's significantly more difficult to get your hands on a gun.

Back