Rumored Canelo Álvarez is set to leave PBC, and return to Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing and DAZN

What about the $50M guarantee Haymon was supposed to have offered for a Benavidez fight ?

What about the $50M guarantee Haymon was supposed to have offered for a Benavidez fight ?
They will find the 55 for Benavidez and 33.3 for Munguia but not 33.3 for Charlo …. That’s the problem here …canelo is insisting for the charlo fight … this doesn’t surprises me at all

Last edited:
Shocking if true. Looks like PBC put their foot down and wouldn't pay for the Charlo fight according to Mexican reports.

So PBC violated their contractual agreement and now Canelo is going back to Matchroom. If there was ever any chance of Canelo vs Benavidez being made before, when they were both in the same stable, it's essentially zero now. They won't want to work with each other anymore. At least not for a while.

Edit. Unless the Saudis offer huge money for that fight which is quite possible.

Berlanga and Munguia in 2024 …. Smh … Christ

Watching Berlanga fight the other day was like injecting bleach directly into my brain. I don't need to see him fight ever again, let alone against Canelo.

They will find the 55 for Benavidez and 33.3 for Munguia but not 33.3 for Charlo …. That’s the problem here …canelo is insisting for the charlo fight … this doesn’t surprises me at all

Man, until today I've defended Alvarez's choices a lot but sticking with Jermall in 2024 is both deceiving and kind of dumb.

When he was trying to be great it was easy to look past and give the benefit of the doubt. You could see it in how he handled himself in the ring the man a genuine warrior. But this has become a parody now. All negotiations, no substance. Ryder, jermell, Munguia and berlanga all in a row, Christ the canelo story is wrapping up

Knew it was too good to be true.

Only problem was I thought the money was the lie. Turns out Canelo was lying when he said all that stuff about putting on a real fight for the fans and giving them what they want. Bivol jaded Canelo, lol trying to shake PbC down for jobber Jermall

Lame. It's much better for the sport for Canelo to be with PBC. Matchroom has very little cultural impact here and Canelo fights feel like a much bigger deal with PBC. Can't blame Al if Canelo wouldn't play ball. Bummer.

Sounds like a smart move by Canelo and doesn’t necessarily rule out a Benavides fight. I imagine if he wins his next two fights, and he should even though Mungia will be tough, Turki Al-Sheikh will shower both fighters with money and we will see the fight we want to see. He’s really just gone from people who have to “find” money for the right fights, to people who will give him whatever he wants. Who here would avoid such a situation?

This crap will be difficult to defend … but not surprised if it happens …

Would William Sculls own promoter even be able to pick him out of a crowd?

Back