Canelo: "MAYWEATHER COULD'VE FINISHED MCGREGOR WHENEVER HE WANTED" EDUCATES CONOR ON MEXICAN STYLE

Floyd would have to have been very un-Floyd like to take the risks needed to beat Conor earlier.

HAve you ever seen Floyd Box? He WAS very unfloyd like vs Conor. He had no respect for Conor's skill or power, so he just put up a high guard and walked forward. When has Floyd fought anything like that before? Floyd hardly even counter punched vs Conor. He has never fought like how he did in his life.

Canelo actually beat Mayweather though....

Canelo made the mistake of trying to out box Mayweather. He should have made it a little more ugly. This was a fight were Mayweather was was the tactical master casuals hate. He had to be. Canelo is in his prime now and Floyd has diminished some, But is still amazing for his age. Honestly it wasn't the outcome I wanted but it's one of those fights were you tip your hat to a master.

Hope the Canelo vs GGG lives up to the war I believe it will be. I feel like Canelo is a boxer puncher and a pretty good counter puncher. But he kind of fights in spurts. GGG likes to use pressure has good power and seems to have slightly better overall rhythm. Both seem overly willing to take shots. I would give Canelo a slight speed advantage, the power seems similar as an observer, although Canelo obviously has the more spectacular knockouts as of late, and GGG seems to get more TKO's recently.

Heel pick, take position, gnp, take back, choke. That is pretty much how any world boxing champions night will go.
BORING. We want our MMA guys to throw hands with the real men.

Mercer. Punchers chance. 19-10 46 yr old Randy beats Toney.
Holm started training MMA at 16
Stipe played baseball in fucking high school. Was always a mixed martial artist.

So, yeah.
Heel pick, take position, gnp, take back, choke. That is pretty much how any world boxing champions night will go.

lol nice excuses. And Matt Matrione the retired NFL benchwarmer? These 30-40 year olds can do well coming in from non-combat sports but a 20 year old world champion boxer would be totally lost unable to learn? :D

I think you're confusing the year 2017 with Art Jimmerson and the year 1994. There is no more "mystery". You can pretty much Youtube every fight that ever happened and go across the street to get pro training. Stop thinking MMA is some "mystical" ancient hidden thing! :D

lol nice excuses. And Matt Matrione the retired NFL benchwarmer? These 30-40 year olds can do well coming in but a 20 year old would be totally lost unable to learn? :D

And think you're confusing the year 2017 with Art Jimmerson and 1994. There is no more "mystery". You can pretty much Youtube every fight that ever happened and go across the street to get pro training. Stop thinking MMA is some "mystical" thing! :D
Are you retarded??? MMA isn't some mystical thing. It is simply the culmination of all combat sports, including boxing, into one. IT was created to see who could beat who in a real fight. Floyd realized this years ago and has been right in it the whole time. He wanted to fight Silva 10 years ago.

Except the first three rounds

in which he really did nothing. Landed a total of 26 punches while throwing 115 punches. Floyd landed 12 throwing 28 lol. Conor landing this 100 punches thing is trash. The large majority of them hit Floyd's gloves. He had a handful of actual meaningful punches in the fight and Floyd ate them and kept moving forward. Again, something Floyd doesn't really do.

Again, Floyd took those rounds off and you can still argue that Floyd won at least 1 of those rounds. 2 judges saw 2 of them for Floyd. Keep pushing for these moral victories man

Why do people think GGG is much bigger than mcgoober? Hes only an inch taller and they weigh about the same come fight time.

Its because were just used to seeing mcgoober beat up on little manlets his entire career. He wouldnt dare fight GGG because he wouldnt have any physical advantage whatsoever. All the mcgoober fans know this, which is why hed never call him out.

George is a solid fighter but McGregor fights for money

<Fedor23>

Maybe. He did get hit.

Lets see a top boxer cross over. Don't tell me that shit wouldn't be huge. They would never do it though because....yeah fuckin right. I bet even for a huge payday no top boxer would sign up for that suicide.

Yeah we all seen that 1 time in the shit leagues with Mercer (great haymaking tech BTW) who lost to Kimbo.

No top boxer is going to take a fight in the UFC today period. You couldn't pay them enough to do it.

Floyd could have finished Conor sooner, but Conor was running away most of the fight.

Don't buy it. You don't spend any more time than you have to. Floyd knew his best path to victory was wearing Conor out with his inexperience and limited style and then putting the pressure on in the middle to later rounds.

Acting like Floyd could have just KO'd him dead in the 1st round is asinine.

Dude, Floyd wasn't even trying. I'm pretty sure this fight would have been finished earlier if Floyd went straight to the kill. Conor had nothing for him. Barely landed anything significant the whole fight, most punches seemed to have absolutely no power and a good percentage wasn't even landing flush. There was a point in the fight where Conor truly looked like an average guy from the street shooting very girlish punches. I don't know what the hell was that, but he is an horrible puncher by boxing standards. And like i said, quantity is not quality.

You don't need to be a genius to come to the conclusion that Floyd had all the reasons in the world to make this fight look legit, before, during and after. The guy was carrying Conor for most of the fight. In the first 3 or 4 rounds barely threw anything. It looked like a sparring match between a very experienced fighter and a novice. The experienced fighter going at 30% and the novice going at 100%. Anyone who thinks Floyd was fighting at 100% of his potential is an absolute noob.

This fight would have absolutely no value in Floyd's record if he just destroyed Conor in the first round. He was selling the idea that Conor is a legit opponent. It was so obvious that only a delusional Conor fanboy couldn't see.

Go watch Floyd's sparring sessions from recent years. Look at how he lets his partners work and makes it seem like they are actually doing very good against him, but then he starts to turn it on and landing almost at will. Pretty similar to what we saw saturday. Don't kid yourself. This was not an hard fight for Floyd and he did just enough to win while making it look a little bit competitive.

The first three rounds were the most un Floyd like rounds there were. When has Floyd ever just walked forward not throwing with his hands up?
He backed up at the beginning of each into the ropes as Conor tried to barrage him. The walking at him while blocking and getting popped here and there was new but thats just cause he's not as fast anymore. He always gives up the first two rounds though it seems.

Don't buy it. You don't spend any more time than you have to. Floyd knew his best path to victory was wearing Conor out with his inexperience and limited style and then putting the pressure on in the middle to later rounds.

Acting like Floyd could have just KO'd him dead in the 1st round is asinine.
Enough with your predictions lol. Credibility is no more here.

Was Floyd trying against Canelo when he lost 3-4 rounds or did he give him those as well?

Floyd was using the first couple of rounds to analysis and assess Conor's range and style and then broke him down with his superior fight IQ.

Anybody that knows fighting knows this. Conor was "allowed" to look decent

Floyd fought un-Floyd like the entire fight. And Conor still managed to do nothing.
HAve you ever seen Floyd Box? He WAS very unfloyd like vs Conor. He had no respect for Conor's skill or power, so he just put up a high guard and walked forward. When has Floyd fought anything like that before? Floyd hardly even counter punched vs Conor. He has never fought like how he did in his life.
Yes, I've seen many Floyd fights. He fought more aggressively than he usually does, definitely. But I wouldn't say he was un-Floyd like at core.

Especially not at the start. As Conor gassed and became less of a threat, Floyd opened up more and more.

And the more aggressive one claims Floyd fought, the more wrong Canelo ends up being. If you say Floyd was fighting very offensively the whole time, it clearly shows he couldn't just KO Conor whenever he wanted.

Canelo is just mad that an MMA fighter looked better against Floyd than he did lol

Conor would fuck them both up in a real fight. lol at all the times Floyd turned his back to Conor and begged the ref to intervene. His head would've been kicked into the bleachers.

Floyd was using the first couple of rounds to analysis and assess Conor's range and style and then broke him down with his superior fight IQ.

Anybody that knows fighting knows this. Conor was "allowed" to look decent

This wasn't fighting. Not even close.

GGG sleeps him. I do think Canelo is a better boxer but I think GGG overwhelms him.
Canelo is just mad that an MMA fighter looked better against Floyd than he did lol

Conor would fuck them both up in a real fight. lol at all the times Floyd turned his back to Conor and begged the ref to intervene. His head would've been kicked into the bleachers.

This wasn't fighting. Not even close.
$

Look at the gazelle, getting destroyed by the smaller older man.

Back