Canelo signs 5 year, 11 fight, $365m contract

canelo-smile-bee.gif

He better get his English diction up, now

Eddie is fucking laughing.

If I could I would invest in these guys.

Almost what Floyd made for that 1 fight.

That's nutts though

Damn... Good for him. I thought the Canelo GGG fight could have gone either way, but I only saw it once live when I ordered the PPV and I was a little shitfaced :D It kind pisses me off when have too much to drink for a big fight. It's not hard to do though because those are the fights I'll have people over for and it always turns into a party.

I guess GGG is going to DAZN as well?

I wonder the actual number of subscribers they have and how many this deal will bring.

All these deals left and right, I have a feeling DAZN will not make it past 2025. Tech companies are notorious for inflating their worth, collecting big capital in fundraising and in turn overpaying itself and others.

Canelo himself is a valuable asset though, will definitely bring them an additional million subscribers.

Can someone explain this deal to me? Is Canelo only going to fight on DAZN from now on, no PPV?

It's weird that it is for 11 fights. How'd they get to that number? Why not 10 or 12?

Despite how the reports are worded, I believe the $365 million deal to be for Golden Boy, with Canelo coming as part of it, and not Canelo on his own.

Where else is Golden Boy going to be holding their non-Canelo cards? And why would DAZN pay more on top of that? They're not. It's one package, they're merely using Canelo's name to hype it up and hype him up. His name is going to bring them a million new subscribers as he has a loyal Mexican fanbase.

LMAO when DAZN folds in 2 years that contract will mean zilch.

Back