Rumored Canelo vs Jermall Charlo May 4th PBC PPV

You usually don't see the most anticipated match-up(s) until the end of a fighter's multi-fight contract. They build up to the big one

Is that true? Post evidence. Why would it matter if Canelo will continue fighting after Benavidez fight anyway? Just because its the last on the contract does not mean anything, its just a dumb internet narrative. If he fought Benavidez in Sept he will fight someone after that. Its just a narrative created by Canelo fans to comfort themselves for the blatant ducking.

Using your logic if Canelo signs a 10 fight contract we have to fight for 9 fights until he fought the biggest fight. That is the most idiotic logic ever.
but why?
im not sure how much more competitive this will be.
You still don't get it? I have been saying it here for 2 years. He is after lay up fights with no risk for easy money. He is not interested in going to war with a young Lion.

The Charlo fight is just offensive to the sport of boxing and the belts, a huge insult that a guy who has done the opposite of deserving the fight gets it, over anyone not just Benavidez. If this does not disgust you, then you are not a real boxing fan.

I didn't imagine I'd ever be asking for more Saudi involvement in any sport but this is a stark reminder of the shit we have to constantly eat when it's business as usual.

Is that true? Post evidence. Why would it matter if Canelo will continue fighting after Benavidez fight anyway? Just because its the last on the contract does not mean anything, its just a dumb internet narrative. If he fought Benavidez in Sept he will fight someone after that. Its just a narrative created by Canelo fans to comfort themselves for the blatant ducking.

Using your logic if Canelo signs a 10 fight contract we have to fight for 9 fights until he fought the biggest fight. That is the most idiotic logic ever.
I've already given you examples of it and they've all been recent. PBC made a similarly structured multi-fight offer to Canelo on two previous occasions that included Charlo & Benavidez last year and the year before. It's not just some internet narrative it would make the most business sense. If he fights Benavidez first and loses, which you believe he will, then those Charlo PPV(s) will do even worse numbers.

A 10 fight deal? If a fighter is signing a deal that long then they're better off signing a multi-year contract. Think Bud with Top Rank when he reupped for several years before it expired. Canelo needs to fight Benavidez after Mall. I have no issue with calling it a blatant duck if he doesn't.

I've already given you examples of it and they've all been recent. PBC made a similarly structured multi-fight offer to Canelo on two previous occasions that included Charlo & Benavidez last year and the year before.

What examples? When has this been a rule, I must have missed it.

If he fights Benavidez first and loses, which you believe he will, then those Charlo PPV(s) will do even worse numbers.

Then they would just have a rematch for even more $$. Why the hell is Charlo even on the table at all? He is considered a joke these days and does not even fight at 168, the fact you think hes a legit opponent just shows what a clown you are. Charlo should not even be in the table its a disgrace to the sport to fight him, don't you get it? You understand if he fights Mall, it would mean 3 out of last 4 opponents have never fought at 168?

What examples? When has this been a rule, I must have missed it.

Then they would just have a rematch for even more $$. Why the hell is Charlo even on the table at all? He is considered a joke these days and does not even fight at 168, the fact you think hes a legit opponent just shows what a clown you are. Charlo should not even be in the table its a disgrace to the sport to fight him, don't you get it? You understand if he fights Mall, it would mean 3 out of last 4 opponents have never fought at 168?
Never said it was a rule. I also never commented on whether Charlo was a legit opponent or not. PBC made Canelo a two-fight offer in 2022 that was worth the same amount, $100m. Canelo would've had to fight Mall Charlo and then either Spence at a catchweight or Benavidez at 168.
If he would’ve conquered Charlo, he had a $55 million guarantee to fight either Spence at a catch weight of 164 pounds or David Benavidez at the 168-pound limit.
Tom Brown: We Offered Canelo $45M For Charlo; $55M For Spence At 164 Or Benavidez At 168

As I said, the previous deal's structure was similar only this one was for 3 fights. Charlo was the first opponent in both cases. It's not a coincidence. It's a pattern that PBC has been offering to Canelo for years.

I like the fight. Canelo's been growing on me recently following his fight with Bivol.

You still don't get it? I have been saying it here for 2 years. He is after lay up fights with no risk for easy money. He is not interested in going to war with a young Lion.

The Charlo fight is just offensive to the sport of boxing and the belts, a huge insult that a guy who has done the opposite of deserving the fight gets it, over anyone not just Benavidez. If this does not disgust you, then you are not a real boxing fan.
if he fights Benavidez as the last deal of his contract, youre gonna look pretty ridiculous. even more than you already do.
if he doesnt fight Benavidez after Jermall, then its pretty clear thats a duck.

Never said it was a rule. I also never commented on whether Charlo was a legit opponent or not. PBC made Canelo a two-fight offer in 2022 that was worth the same amount, $100m. Canelo would've had to fight Mall Charlo and then either Spence at a catchweight or Benavidez at 168.
Canelo can fight anyone he wants any time he wants, he is the cash cow. If he demanded Benavidez first you think he would not be allowed? If he was a serious fighter he should be rejecting fighter either Charlo on this new deal because they are no longer active and relevant to him.

Canelo can fight anyone he wants any time he wants, he is the cash cow. If he demanded Benavidez first you think he would not be allowed? If he was a serious fighter he should be rejecting fighter either Charlo on this new deal because they are no longer active and relevant to him.
If he was a serious fighter? Canelo is unquestionably a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. He needs to fight Benavidez by the end of the year. It'll be a blatant duck that's on the official record if he doesn't. We agree on that.

Which means you and the canelo fan boys will be looking ridiculous.
I'm not a Canelo fanboy, tiger. Benavidez is just overrated as fuck. Canelo is also but he has the hardware on his record at least.

I'm more of an Usyk fanboy

Last edited:

Chava from ESPN Mx confirms the reports that Charlo is the leader for May and Crawford is the leader in September …

If he was a serious fighter? Canelo is unquestionably a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. He needs to fight Benavidez by the end of the year. It'll be a blatant duck that's on the official record if he doesn't. We agree on that.

I mean currently. 2023 going forward. He is living on past glories and cashing out.

I mean currently. 2023 going forward. He is living on past glories and cashing out.
Canelo is being linked to a few different fighters right now. If he ends up fighting someone like Bud or Munguia in his final fight with PBC then that'd tell us everything. It'd be on the official record and indefensible. It's Benavidez or bust in September. If Canelo does end up ducking him then Benavidez needs to move up to LHW and fight the Beterbiev-Bivol winner or fight Morrell.

Canelo is being linked to a few different fighters right now. If he ends up fighting someone like Bud or Munguia in his final fight with PBC then that'd tell us everything. It'd be on the official record and indefensible. It's Benavidez or bust in September. If Canelo does end up ducking him then Benavidez needs to move up to LHW and fight the Beterbiev-Bivol winner or fight Morrell.
I would argue that even if he does fight benavidez as the last fight on his contract at this point. If the end result is him getting a beat down by benavidez then it's still gonna be a bad look as people will look at it and say well no wonder he didn't want to fight this guy. He's gonna have to actually beat benavidez down for people to instead say well it looks like canelo knew what he was doing this whole time

He just shutout a ridiculously good 4 belt P4P champion that was closer to his actual weight. Stop embarrassing yourself in post after post.

Benavidez needs Canelo. Canelo doesn't need Benavidez. Benavidez is naturally multiple weight classes bigger than Canelo.

Would it be awesome if they fight. Sure. Should David fight more relevant people other than Plant in the interim.... yes

Canelo has options & I bet he looks at lucrative fights he will be the heavy favorite in like Bud & Munguia.

David should thank him if he manages to stall it some more & get both of them that Turki Saudi money.

IMO it doesn't make financial sense to do the Benavidez fight on the PBC deal if he can get away without doing it..

Styles make fights at the end of the day.

Jermall is much more difficult for Canelo than Jermell was. They’re completely different fighters.

Jermell = low volume and picks his shots

Jermall = much higher volume, throws in combinations and has one of the best jabs in boxing. His problem has been inactivity.

Jermall toyed with a much fresher Derveychenko who gave Mungia fits and nearly beat him in a war.

Jermall also wiped out Hogan who arguably beat Mungia.

Styles make fights.

Back