Canelo vs Plant Nov.6th PBC Showtime PPV

The fights that tell what a fighter is made of are not the cake-walks.
This is the type of fight that shows what fighters are made of.

Another brilliant display of strength and pure will by Canelo.

Plant made Canelo miss a lot, you could see Canelo was a bit frustrated and his coaches even reminded him to stick to the gameplan and not get wild in between Rd 8 and 9.

If dude had a bit of punching power to gain Alvarez' respect in the ring he'd probably win. It's a big if though.

Plant made Canelo miss a lot, you could see Canelo was a bit frustrated and his coaches even reminded him to stick to the gameplan and not get wild in between Rd 8 and 9.

If dude had a bit of punching power to gain Alvarez' respect in the ring he'd probably win. It's a big if though.
I think people also forget how great Canelo's chin is too. He took GGG's best shots and even was backing GGG up in the 2nd fight.
Plant having more power probably would of just made Canelo go into beast mode sooner.

i gave plant only 1 round … 2 other rounds were close… still did better than the other strap holders at 68

Canelo could've easily coasted those last cpl rds and instead he forced the issue and finished w/ a bang. Beautiful performance from one of the atg's, it's undeniable how good this guy is.

plant didn't look like someone who came to win
overrated fight

If Canelo moves down to MW and becomes undisputed there, then moves up to LHW and becomes undisputed there too, where would you rank him all time?

If Canelo moves down to MW and becomes undisputed there, then moves up to LHW and becomes undisputed there too, where would you rank him all time?

My first question would be does he fight long enough to do all that? Unifying 3 weight classes would literally be a once in a lifetime accomplishment. He’s haters would have to stfu at that point.

My first question would be does he fight long enough to do all that? Unifying 3 weight classes would literally be a once in a lifetime accomplishment. He’s haters would have to stfu at that point.

Why wouldn't he fight long enough for all that? He's only 31.

Why wouldn't he fight long enough for all that? He's only 31.

I’d be curious to see if he can or is willing to continue to be as active as he’s been lately. It could take a while. There’s a reason he chose to unify 168 as opposed to 160 or 175. It was the long hanging fruit out of the 3 weight classes. Not that he can’t do it but will he be as active or does he even want to. It’s a lot to ask of him.

I think people also forget how great Canelo's chin is too. He took GGG's best shots and even was backing GGG up in the 2nd fight.
Plant having more power probably would of just made Canelo go into beast mode sooner.

There's a big difference between taking someone's bombs and landing your own like he was with ggg as compared to taking someone's bombs (a hypothetical power-punching Plant in this case) and consistently missing your own. That's how you get KTFO.

H
I agree with you. It's rediculous that there's 2 PPV's with main events of this calibre on the same night.

It's not a popular opinion but they need to schedule it so they start at different times.
How do you suggest they do that lol? Venue has to be booked months in advance.

IMO, If Plant had more power he would have stung him to the extent he needed moments on the outside to let his head clear and regroup. Even if he was still a way off being stopped.

That would have cut down on the time Canelo was on the inside landing rib roasters.

A little bit more power for Plant would have gone a long way in that fight IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back