Cant edit posts

F

franklinstower

@Tacky

Any mods or anyone else able to help me? I cannot edit posts for the last few days. If I click edit the screen darkens but nothing else happens.. also sometimes when I quote someone the posts are getting all jumbled up. I tried deleting all cookies and clearing browser history and logging off and then back on again and no help.

EDIT--- I can edit with my phone and apparently on this part of the forum but not on the regular threads..... so strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tacky

Any mods or anyone else able to help me? I cannot edit posts for the last few days. If I click edit the screen darkens but nothing else happens.. also sometimes when I quote someone the posts are getting all jumbled up. I tried deleting all cookies and clearing browser history and logging off and then back on again and no help.

EDIT--- I can edit with my phone and apparently on this part of the forum but not on the regular threads..... so strange.
Can you try editing a post with a different theme?

Can you try editing a post with a different theme?

Not sure what you mean. If you mean "style" then I am unable to choose a different style as no options are offered in preferences. It says you can choose any but there are'nt any to choose.

Not sure what you mean. If you mean "style" then I am unable to choose a different style as no options are offered in preferences. It says you can choose any but there are'nt any to choose.
Yeah that's what I meant

Hmm, I don't suppose you've tried another browser?

@Tachy @Lethal

I have not. I dont want to because this is the only one I use. Any other suggestions? Id also be willing to let you log into my account to check into it.
Nah that won't be necessary, I've tagged the admins to see what they have to say.

I noticed you quoted me twice, is this what you meant by quotes getting jumbled up?

At this point it's best to wait for Lethal or Tachy to get their input, this could be a simple usergroup issue which they could rectify.

Nah that won't be necessary, I've tagged the admins to see what they have to say.

I noticed you quoted me twice, is this what you meant by quotes getting jumbled up?

At this point it's best to wait for Lethal or Tachy to get their input, this could be a simple usergroup issue which they could rectify.

Ok thanks.

On these last two Ive only hit the reply button not the quote. cant remember on the others. should it not be showing up like that?
When you hit the reply button, the quote should only be showing up once

I wish I could help, but it's the first I've heard of this problem.

To solve this you'll need someone with a better understanding of web programming like @Tachy. My only understanding is that for non Plat users, certain forums don't allow you to edit your post, and I believe the War Room is one of them IIRC.

I wish I could help, but it's the first I've heard of this problem.

To solve this you'll need someone with a better understanding of web programming like @Tachy. My only understanding is that for non Plat users, certain forums don't allow you to edit your post, and I believe the War Room is one of them IIRC.

OK Ill wait for Tachy.

OK Ill wait for Tachy.
Thanks for your patience as we look into this, Franklin.

May I ask, if you tick Report or any of the in-post (box) options, does the same screen-darkening follow or do the respective pop-ups actually appear in those instances?

Thanks for your patience as we look into this, Franklin.

May I ask, if you tick Report or any of the in-post (box) options, does the same screen-darkening follow or do the respective pop-ups actually appear in those instances?

I can use all of the other functions except edit. If you read this whole thread you will notice that when I reply to someone it also sometimes double quotes them also.

I can use all of the other functions except edit. If you read this whole thread you will notice that when I reply to someone it also sometimes double quotes them also.
Indeed, I saw that above but have to echo what Lethal said in that I've never seen double-quoting before.

While variable connectivity integrity can result in double-posting, if you are only ticking the reply option once (and without also inadvertently quoting that same post) and doubling is what auto-generates in the reply box, my only advice is to hang tight, my man.

Again, thanks for your patience with these issues:
  • in-post edit feature not working (screen darkens without pop-up of in-screen menu)
  • intermittent double-quoting of single messages

@Tacky

Scroll up. You're using Chrome. I know because I've been trialing Chrome for the past week (and it's fucking torture...can't wait to return to Firefox).

For some reason it is popping up the window in the middle of the page, not the frame where you currently are in the page. Notice the same thing will happen on occasion with the Font Resizing or Font Color tools. They'll pop up the little menu way above where you're actually composing a post.

Scroll up. You're using Chrome. I know because I've been trialing Chrome for the past week (and it's fucking torture...can't wait to return to Firefox).

For some reason it is popping up the window in the middle of the page, not the frame where you currently are in the page. Notice the same thing will happen on occasion with the Font Resizing or Font Color tools. They'll pop up the little menu way above where you're actually composing a post.

So the solution is not to use Chrome? That sucks if so but of course doable for this site.

So the solution is not to use Chrome? That sucks if so but of course doable for this site.
If you want it to be pleasant to use until this gets worked out. Chrome is just riddled with glitches. The guys work hard to iron these out, as Chrome has become the dominant browser, globally, but it just doesn't seem to like Xenforo.

Otherwise, the easiest solution is to just scroll up-- like I said. So hit "edit", if you see nothing but the darkened screen, then just scroll up, and you'll eventually come to the edit frame.

Are you using adblock?

It is causing issues with the site no matter which browser you use it with.

Back