Can't find a new vehicle I want

threetimes3

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Looking for a new vehicle and there's really nothing that is saying 'take my money' to me. Considering some sort of SUV since it's the only style vehicle I have never owned and I like having the room to haul stuff. Any advice is appreciated. Budget - under 60k. Prefer reliable model that has a bit of luxury with some power. I tend to keep my vehicles for 8 years.

Here's a list a list of what I've considered with reasons I've not purchased (all 2018)

1) Acura MDX - has two screens, graphics on the top one look circa 2005. Also transmission seems to search a bit

2) Jaguar Fpace - love the exterior/interior, a little scared of reliability

3) Volvo XC90 - reviews seem like this vehicle is destined for electrical issues

4) BMW X5 - couldn't do a stripper and one options package make this vehicle out of my budget

5) GMC Yukon - too big

6) Audi Q7 - second favorite vehicle, but optioned the way I want it, breaks budget. Also concerned with Audi reliability

7) Lexus - not a fan of the looks, interiors seem dated and the GX is basically a 4runner.

8) Infiniti - don't like any of them

9) Honda - only thing big enough is pilot and it's a bit utilitarian

10) Ford....yeah no *no offense to Ford owners, just don't like much they make except for F150

Last edited:
Ford Edge Titanium. Fuck your, "yeah no."

Looking for a new vehicle and there's really nothing that is saying 'take my money' to me. Considering some sort of SUV since it's the only style vehicle I have never owned and I like having the room to haul stuff. Any advice is appreciated. Budget - under 60k. Prefer reliable model that has a bit of luxury with some power. I tend to keep my vehicles for 8 years.

Here's a list a list of what I've considered with reasons I've not purchased (all 2018)

1) Acura MDX - has two screens, graphics on the top one look circa 2005. Also transmission seems to search a bit

3) Volvo XC90 - reviews seem like this vehicle is destined for electrical issues

4) BMW X5 - couldn't do a stripper and one options package make this vehicle out of my budget

5) GMC Yukon - too big

6) Audi Q7 - second favorite vehicle, but optioned the way I want it, breaks budget. Also concerned with Audi reliability

7) Lexus - not a fan of the looks, interiors seem dated and the GX is basically a 4runner.

10) Ford....yeah no

MERCEDES G CLASS SUV. Go buy one.

Why are you looking at everything in that segment except Porsche?

It'd be more reliable than the Jag...

The Volvo will hold up electrically for 8 years, i wouldn't bet on it for 15, but from new you'd be fine. You could get a cx-9 Mazda for a lot lower than your max budget. The Cadillac xt5 looks good, I'm not sure how good it is to drive but I'd bet you could drive one off the lot loaded for under your max

Why are you looking at everything in that segment except Porsche?

It'd be more reliable than the Jag...

Good question and I probably should have added it - Love Macan, but too small. Even the base Cayenne is out of my budget, but totally agree that would work.

The Volvo will hold up electrically for 8 years, i wouldn't bet on it for 15, but from new you'd be fine. You could get a cx-9 Mazda for a lot lower than your max budget. The Cadillac xt5 looks good, I'm not sure how good it is to drive but I'd bet you could drive one off the lot loaded for under your max

Researching the CX-9 now, Mazda has definitely stepped it up. Think I need to see how the 4 cylinder moves the weight of that vehicle, but the reviews on it seem stellar.

Researching the CX-9 now, Mazda has definitely stepped it up. Think I need to see how the 4 cylinder moves the weight of that vehicle, but the reviews on it seem stellar.

I've owned their sedans, they've always been great to drive, and the styling and fit and finish look a lot better these days for sure. Id agree they don't have a truly desirable engine configuration, though.

Good question and I probably should have added it - Love Macan, but too small. Even the base Cayenne is out of my budget, but totally agree that would work.
Yeah the major downside would be price. I was looking at a CPO Cayenne S with a couple years warranty on it for $52K CDN a while back, kind of regretting not pulling the trigger on that.

Cadillac XT5. You can get it pretty loaded for $60k. Platinum package is $64k. Premium luxury is $56k
2017-xt5-jellybean-511x311.png

GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse,

What about a Toyota Highlander hybrid?

I have a 4-series 4 door and it's pretty sweet ride.

Drives like a glove. Whatever that means

5) GMC Yukon - too big

10) Ford....yeah no *no offense to Ford owners, just don't like much they make except for F150

Just by a used older model SUV.

New Toyota Camrys have been fugly the past few iterations.

my truck is is a 03 and looks just as sharp as a newer model. 7.3 diesel engine, built like a fucking tank.

Back