Carbs not necessary after workout?

Don't worry about taking in some carbs post-workout and before sleep. Your body needs them and will use them for the appropriate things ie. glycogen resynthesis, replacing the oxygen debt etc.

However this all depends on the rest of your diet. Are you eating a lot of carbs during the day? What is your typical daily diet like?

Look to get the most out of your everyday eating, then think about tweaking your supplements.

Ohhh you mean because you posted bull shit. My bad.

Fight Song, sounds good man. Berardi has a lot of good stuff, and a lot of course I don't agree with, but none the less.

Eric Wong, why would you give them fat within 90 minutes before workout? That is the prime time when fats are mobilizing for use as energy etc during the workout. to consume them prior does nothing but create a traffic jam of all the circulating fat.

Eric Wong, why would you give them fat within 90 minutes before workout? That is the prime time when fats are mobilizing for use as energy etc during the workout. to consume them prior does nothing but create a traffic jam of all the circulating fat.

You mind explaining that last part a bit? I'm unclear as to the mechanisms involved. Giant blocks of copy n'pasted text is fine...I read them w/o the summaries anyways =0

Just saying that fats are mobilizin during and after your workout, often the reason for not wanting fat in your PWO shake as well. If fats are already ciculating due to physiological responses from the workout, then threre is absolutely no reason to want to add more fat to the equation, it is possible that your body would then use some of what you ingested as fuel , instead of the circulating fats you already have moving.

Just saying that fats are mobilizin during and after your workout, often the reason for not wanting fat in your PWO shake as well. If fats are already ciculating due to physiological responses from the workout, then threre is absolutely no reason to want to add more fat to the equation, it is possible that your body would then use some of what you ingested as fuel , instead of the circulating fats you already have moving.

hrm, that makes sense. I probably should've just sat and thought about it while avoiding work responsibilities.

Damn my spelling was horrible in m response lol. Hang overs are a bitch

Don't think I said give them fat 90 minutes before a workout? I think I meant after a workout, have a normal 'balanced' meal within 90 minutes post-workout.

Don't worry about taking in some carbs post-workout and before sleep. Your body needs them and will use them for the appropriate things ie. glycogen resynthesis, replacing the oxygen debt etc.

However this all depends on the rest of your diet. Are you eating a lot of carbs during the day? What is your typical daily diet like?

Look to get the most out of your everyday eating, then think about tweaking your supplements.

Cool thanks for the advice, Eric. My daily diet for the last few months has just been oats in the morning, and protein/fat meals for the rest of the day with the exception of a midday snack of some muscle milk or yogurt. For a long time my only PWO carb consumption came with the Muscle Milk Light before bed (since I train so late), but lately I've just replaced my casein shake with a packet of Quaker Oat Weight Control, occasionally adding a scoop of MM if I can fit in the calories.

Since I've changed my PWO around I am taking in 31g of Whey and 29g of carbs in the form of oats, as well as a shot of cider vinegar.

Sounds like you could probably use some protein in the morning with your oats, perhaps add some whey to the mix or just have a couple boiled omega-3/free range eggs on the side. PWO sounds about right now. Are you looking to drop fat, lose weight, gain muscle, gain weight?

Back