Cards that had a replacement fighter(s) make it better?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Like the title says. Burns was a good fight, but I am way more hype for Masvidal... and I don’t think i’m the only one. Lol

What other cards have had a replacement fighter make it so much better?

UFC128ShogunvsJones.jpg

It was supposed to be Rashad vs Shogun, but Jon Jones was an exciting and upstanding young prospect who put away Ryan 'The Master' Bader with ease. So when Shad hurt his knee in training, Jon was asked in the post fight interview to step in, and he said yes. The rest is a picogram-pulsing history.

When Nick Diaz was being Nick Diaz and refused to show up for the 137 presser so they pulled him from the fight with GSP and swapped out Condit from his fight with BJ who ultimately faced Nick and headlined the card after GSP was injured...fate delivering us better fights.

UFC128ShogunvsJones.jpg

It was supposed to be Rashad vs Shogun, but Jon Jones was an exciting and upstanding young prospect who put away Ryan 'The Master' Bader with ease. So when Shad hurt his knee in training, Jon was asked in the post fight interview to step in, and he said yes. The rest is a picogram-pulsing history.

Faber vs Wineland was one of the first featherweight fights in UFC not to mention after Zuffa gutted WEC of their talent.

Back