Carla Esparza next?

Why is no one mentioning Andrade trilogy? Theyre 1-1 and ye Andrade moved up but she can easily move back down and isnt doing shit to Valentina anyways

Rose got slam KOd then barely eeked out a close decision in the rematch
Because Andrade does not deserve a shot at the strawweight title considering her last fight there was a loss to the current champion.

The Zhang fight showed Rose still has poor take down defence Carla likely beats her same way she did in their first fight only via decision.

The Zhang fight showed Rose still has poor take down defence Carla likely beats her same way she did in their first fight only via decision.
As long as Carla can handle the range of Rose. I think Rose would try to pressure her into striking. Rose is not quite as volume heavy as JJ so Carla still has a fair chance of beating Rose again. Everybody also knows Carla's gameplan but they have a hard time defending her chain wrestling with the exception of the other ground heavy fighters.

Why is no one mentioning Andrade trilogy? Theyre 1-1 and ye Andrade moved up but she can easily move back down and isnt doing shit to Valentina anyways

Rose got slam KOd then barely eeked out a close decision in the rematch

Because she hasn't fought in the division since that loss, loss to wei and if Joanna comes back, she's loss to her as well.

Carla has the same manager as Rose and Weili. She will likely get her title shot next. It's mostly Dana not wanting to give wrestlers a chance, especially Carla who is reluctant at striking and grinds out her opponents on the ground. Her style isn't fan friendly.
Ok based on what evidence?

DC was obviously told to say Marina is next live on air. Dana has offered Carla a fight that she may have turned down. We don't know who and she is now on Dana's shit list. Just like Joanna. I think he will push to have those two fight. Solves a lot of his problems. Carla's only chance in that fight is if Joanna isn't the same after the war with Weili. That's a gamble.

Rose can say what she wants publicly but privately she and her team will want to avoid ever dealing with a grappler until the day she retires. She will want someone like Marina who has very sus boxing defense, no TDD, no grappling to speak of and relies almost entirely on their chin in exchanges and fights in a way that is favorable to Rose's style. She will want a ton of time to prep and dial in her timing to hurt and dust off Marina early. I would be shocked if she fights twice next year.

Did you guys catch when DC and Joe were saying "Weili and Rose could fight each other 10 times, there are no other compelling matchups in this division"?

If I were Carla I would have been throwing things at my TV when I heard that

But if you're a top contender and aren't busy training for a fight you should probably be attending cageside for a title fight in your division, so people don't forget about you.

Did you guys catch when DC and Joe were saying "Weili and Rose could fight each other 10 times, there are no other compelling matchups in this division"?

If I were Carla I would have been throwing things at my TV when I heard that

But if you're a top contender and aren't busy training for a fight you should probably be attending cageside for a title fight in your division, so people don't forget about you.
The UFC makes promotional packages for the division.

I'm not sure if they pulled it because I went to look for and I can't find it but they put one out like a week or two ago for the top fighters of the division. They listed Weili, Rose, Carla, Marina and Amanda Lemos.

So you're not wrong but just going to an event doesn't mean the UFC will put the camera in front of you. You would need to make something happen there to get credentialed media to interview you or something and that may not happen if the UFC/Dana tells everybody not to interview you or they get their credentials pulled.

People very quickly forget just how thin skinned Dana is and what lengths he will go to to get his way.

Definitely. Pretty amazing to see how far Esparza has come since fighting Joanna.

Obviously Carla is next, there is no debating that. She’ll get absolutely dominated though, Namajunas hasn’t turned into thug rose when they fought back then.

Yea I know, most of you guys don't care about WMMA. This is for people who are following.

Esparza is on a 5 fight win streak, and has a win over a green Namajunas about 6 years ago. She has been keeping active and has been fighting a long time. I think she deserves a title shot for her consistency and good efforts (kinda like Texeira - maybe another Cinderella Man story for an aging fighting on their last opportunity to capture the championship).

Admittedly, Joanna Challenger will be the more exciting fight, but she is coming off a loss and has not fought since 2020. I would like to see Joanna run it back with Weili for the next title shot after Esparza's.

On another note, do you guys think Namajunas is on the way to be the GOAT of WMMA Strawweight? While Joanna Champion had more title defenses, the division was filled with cans during her reign. Also, she lost to Namajunas twice.

I think people need to put some respect beside Namajunas' name. Not only does she have great technical striking skills, she has great fight IQ too (had a shaky started, adjusted to use wrestling to neutralize Zhang in the later rounds). I was kinda shocked to see that she was the betting underdog when the fight started. She has consistently been overlooked because of her alleged weak mental game, and the remarks about her being taken advantaged of and groomed by Pat Berry. Maybe its about time the narrative changed.

How is she on her way to being the goat when she arguably has two losses to Andrade? Andrade would kill her again in a five rounder.

This is actually not true. Most people appreciate WMMA. The WMMA haters are just a vocal minority.

And yeah, Esparza is pretty clearly next IMO.

And the internet is not a good representation of fans at large. This fuck-hole of a place is filled with whining little kids who bash women at every opportunity regardless of how pathetic they sound.

Listening to the post presser it doesn’t look good for her, according to Dana. Though I don’t know who else could possibly be next. He just doesn’t want her near Rose from the sounds of it. But, nothing else makes sense.

They'll fuck her over just you watch.
I agree. And based on Dana's comments about it where he said something along the lines of "it is a bad idea for her to wait around for a title shot" it seems like he is already planning on it.

Rose is definitely the SW GOAT. Sure Joanna may have 10 wins to Rose's 9 in the UFC, but all we have to do is look at their records against the clear top 4 of all time to see it. Rose, JJ, Andrade, & Weili are the best fighters in women's SW history.

JJ's record is 1-3 while Rose's record is 5-1.

Ok based on what evidence?

DC was obviously told to say Marina is next live on air. Dana has offered Carla a fight that she may have turned down. We don't know who and she is now on Dana's shit list. Just like Joanna. I think he will push to have those two fight. Solves a lot of his problems. Carla's only chance in that fight is if Joanna isn't the same after the war with Weili. That's a gamble.

Rose can say what she wants publicly but privately she and her team will want to avoid ever dealing with a grappler until the day she retires. She will want someone like Marina who has very sus boxing defense, no TDD, no grappling to speak of and relies almost entirely on their chin in exchanges and fights in a way that is favorable to Rose's style. She will want a ton of time to prep and dial in her timing to hurt and dust off Marina early. I would be shocked if she fights twice next year.

Based on her manager having some pull.

It's the fight to make, but the bald red goof seems to not want to do it. Fans have to make it happen.

I'll say this, if you can't sell the rematch of the inaugural title fight in a division, with the champ getting a chance to avenge that original loss, against the of the first and inaugural champ, finally climbing back up the ranks and on the lonest winning streak in the division, you have no business promoting fights

They'll fuck her over just you watch.
That's what worries me

Back