Carlos Condit is ranked #8, but his last top 10 win was almost 5 years ago against Martin Kampmann

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What is up with that? Does he have a perennial top 10 spot like Nate Diaz

Uncrowned King with a wrongful split decision against Lawler, as others have noted.

Granted that version of Robbie also looked to be in decline, we don't know if Robbie was cheating but he turned in suspicious test results to NSAC for his fight with Rory, then his career came undone as USADA entered the picture.

if you almost get bodied in the 5th you are not gonna win .huge fan tho

Really like Condit but when you have been away for a while you shouldn't have a spot in the Top 10, simply because they kept you on the roster. Get your rank back after winning your return fight if you were at the top of the division. He really brings it every time though so it's not completely unwarranted that he is still considered Top 10.

Really like Condit but when you have been away for a while you shouldn't have a spot in the Top 10, simply because they kept you on the roster. Get your rank back after winning your return fight if you were at the top of the division. He really brings it every time though so it's not completely unwarranted that he is still considered Top 10.

Conor hasn't fought in over a year and has nothing scheduled. His peers are forced to fight each other knocking off contenders in his absence.

His last fight was - I shit you not - a boxing match. Currently his reason for sitting out is 'I'm too wealthy.'

There really aren't any rules these days.

Conor hasn't fought in over a year and has nothing scheduled. His peers are forced to fight each other knocking off contenders in his absence.

His last fight was - I shit you not - a boxing match. Currently his reason for sitting out is 'I'm too wealthy.'

There really aren't any rules these days.
It is a sad and annoying state of affairs that will, hopefully, be resolved soon. There should be some exceptions but only in cases of medical or serious personal issues IMO. Certainly not for the reasons this person does it for, we are agreed there.

probably because the lawler fight was so close (id have to watch again but i had him winning) and then he lost to maia

hes a big name guy thats always gonna be up there unless he loses like 3-4 in a row which is possible if he loses to magny. i think he wins tho

The UFC's rankings are trash. I think there's still a lot of people who don't quite realise how they work.

The rankings are voted on by "media members", except any media member worth their salt recognizes the whole process as a problematic conflict of interest, so they abstain from voting. The people who do vote on the rankings are often from shit tier websites and the like and are probably less knowledgeable than half the Shertards on here. I remember seeing an article/breakdown of some of the votes and there were votes for retired fighters, guys going UP after a loss, people voting for fighters in the wrong division... it's a fucking mess.

Basically, the rankings can be looked at as a general guide for a fighters place in the division. Even with someone like Condit, yes his ranking makes no "sense", but skill wise, it's probably pretty accurate.

I guess we'll see when he fights Magny.

A loss can get you up in the rankings or keep you there depending on how you perform and who it's against.

Other than the fact that he should have been the UFC champion getting clearly robbed by Lawler in there fight. Badly. Carlos outstruck him in like all the rounds except 5

Bro it's 2017. Top 10 lists don't mean shit anymore.

You don't lose too many top 10 points for losing to top 3 competition, which is what happened with Condit. GSP, Hendricks, Lawler, and Maia were all top 3, with GSP being the actual champion at the time and only Woodley being outside of the top 10 at the time. I will say that after watching that Maia fight, the 16 years and 40 fights look like they've really taken a toll on Condit so I think he might be on his way out, unfortunately.

He could have fought a bunch of scrubs for decent money and easy wins, but instead he wants to fight the best of the best. I appreciate every time I've gotten to see him fight, and probably will so even more now that he's in the waning end of his fighting career. One of the best welterweight career resume's of all-time, Condit's a real warrior and I'm glad I got to watch him fight.

The Natural Born Killer is fucking rad, that's why he's still top ten<{JustBleed}>

He could have fought a bunch of scrubs for decent money and easy wins, but instead he wants to fight the best of the best. I appreciate every time I've gotten to see him fight, and probably will so even more now that he's in the waning end of his fighting career. One of the best welterweight career resume's of all-time, Condit's a real warrior and I'm glad I got to watch him fight.
Your post made me sweat out of my eyeballs<mma1>

probably one of those things where even though you lost, your stock goes up. (insanely close lawler fight, then lost to maia who was manhandling everyone)

like gus/jones or brown/lawler.

good. hopefully he stays up there and gets knocked out COLD!

To be fair, Nate was correctly ranked before he signed to fight Conor, at like #12 LW. He got a huge bump to like #5 just for signing the contract for promotional reasons.

Back