News Carlos Condit retires

Absolute old school beast. I remember him from the WEC days, when guys who could strike and sub you off their back were still a thing.

119_Georges_St-Pierre_vs_Carlos_Condit.1353220766.0.0.jpg

“The Natural Born Killer” Carlos Condit has called it a career.

The former UFC interim welterweight champion has notified the UFC that he has retired from active competition following nearly 12 years spent with the promotion.

Sources initially alerted MMA Fighting on Thursday that Condit had retired. His longtime manager Malki Kawa from First Round Management then confirmed the news to MMA Fighting after the 37-year-old fighter previously gave notice to the UFC.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Thank you, NBK

24fidkj.jpg

Great news! I wish him all the best.

Yeah Condit should have stood still and fought Nick the only way Nick knows how and let him win. No way Nick should have learned how to cut off the cage or shoot for a TD or anything other than walk straight forward.

<5>

He was a legend. I hated his fight against Nick Diaz. But man he bled and fought so hard every other fight after that. A real warrior, a man who loved to fight. I'm pretty sure it was his Greg Jackson coach he gave him the gameplan vs Diaz. He gave so much in the Octagon, hall of famer material for sure.

Carlos fought smart showing he had a diversity of approach and intelligence in his fighting. Diaz fought like Diaz and basically lost a sound 4-1. I like Nick a lot. Incredibly exciting fighter but he had almost nothing for Condit unless Condit complied with his fight style because Nick wasn't good enough to force him to fight his way. It is what it is.
meh, it was Greg Jackson's elite point fighting system that damn near ruined MMA for like 5 years. As the other poster stated, even Condit admits he could have fought a more exciting fight. He and everyone else knows that it's not a victory to really highlight for any other reason than just knowing how to manipulate the rule set. To his credit it was a smart game plan but the fight itself is not one that I think should ever be held against Diaz. GSP's win over Diaz was a lot more impressive in terms of neutralizing him.

meh, it was Greg Jackson's elite point fighting system that damn near ruined MMA for like 5 years. As the other poster stated, even Condit admits he could have fought a more exciting fight. He and everyone else knows that its not a victory to really highlight for any other reason than just knowing how to manipulate the rule set. Smar plan by Condit but not a fight I think should ever be held against Diaz. GSP's win over Diaz was a lot more impressive in terms of neutralizing him.

You guys still are upset about Diaz not being good enough to force Condit into anything disadvantageous or take any risks outside of the fifth round. You'll just never say it, lol.

War Condit. He exposed Nick there. It is what it is.

So who does Nick fight next? Means or Brown?

Wishing the best to Carlos as well.

Carlos fought smart showing he had a diversity of approach and intelligence in his fighting. Diaz fought like Diaz and basically lost a sound 4-1. I like Nick a lot. Incredibly exciting fighter but he had almost nothing for Condit unless Condit complied with his fight style because Nick wasn't good enough to force him to fight his way. It is what it is.
I agree with all of this. I still can't believe that people are still claiming Diaz won all these years later. I thought it was a pretty obvious 49-46 for Condit.

meh, it was Greg Jackson's elite point fighting system that damn near ruined MMA for like 5 years. As the other poster stated, even Condit admits he could have fought a more exciting fight. He and everyone else knows that it's not a victory to really highlight for any other reason than just knowing how to manipulate the rule set. To his credit it was a smart game plan but the fight itself is not one that I think should ever be held against Diaz. GSP's win over Diaz was a lot more impressive in terms of neutralizing him.
It's not that uncommon for Condit to move quite a bit, striking from the outside, land a hard shot that stuns his opponent then pounce on the guy landing brutal shots. He was moving more than usual but the main difference was when he hit Diaz with a hard shot he didn't hurt him.

You guys still are upset about Diaz not being good enough to force Condit into anything disadvantageous or take any risks outside of the fifth round. You'll just never say it, lol.

War Condit. He exposed Nick there. It is what it is.
lol...way to affirm the fact that your boy was too scared to trade with him. The only thing he exposed was his lack of confidence in surviving the fight or finishing him. He never fought like that before the fight and has never fought like that since.

Thanks for the fights and entertainment Condit enjoy retirement

It's not that uncommon for Condit to move quite a bit, striking from the outside, land a hard shot that stuns his opponent then pounce on the guy landing brutal shots. He was moving more than usual but the main difference was when he hit Diaz with a hard shot he didn't hurt him.
Condit uses angles yes, but all of the backward circling was nothing more than a way to manipulate the point system which is what Greg Jackson specializes in. He was never going to finish Diaz fighting that way and they knew it, it was all about escaping with a win, so the gameplan was successful in that regard.

Happy retirement to a warrior. Best of luck to him moving forward.

Condit owes me $49.99 for that PPV against Diaz. I ordered a fight not a marathon race.
Still one of the strangest occurrences I’ve ever seen, I know he wanted the win for the title shot but that was just so far from who Condit is

Still feel robbed from seeing what should have been one of the greatest fights ever put together

lol...way to affirm the fact that your boy was too scared to trade with him. The only thing he exposed was his lack of confidence in surviving the fight or finishing him. He never fought like that before the fight and has never fought like that since.

You guys have been stuck on your for a decade. Nick couldn't force him to trade. Nick couldn't force him to take any risks or do anything effective outside of a moment or two. His approach was one note and his antics didn't goad Carlos into anything. It's tragically hilarious that you guys still can't get off this, lol.

"Too scared to trade"?

No. He was too smart to fight dumb.

Too bad Nick wasn't crafty enough to evolve and create winning opportunities.

Condit uses angles yes, but all of the backward circling was nothing more than a way to manipulate the point system which is what Greg Jackson specializes in. He was never going to finish Diaz fighting that way and they knew it, it was all about escaping with a win, so the gameplan was successful in that regard.

Good thing the fight was scored round by round and Carlos was the more effective striker in almost every round.

"Manipulate the point system".

LOL.

Mental gymnastics.

Back