Carson: 'Darwin influenced by Satan.'

Too late.

They misinterpreted the OT because they didn't recognize Him as Messiah.

What's cray about that is that if they did accept Him, and He wasn't sacrificed, the mission would have failed.

The "not going down that path"

wasn't directed at you.

Thank you for responding.

I responded to your previous question several pages back.

Dr. Carson was on The View today.
[YT]q-hFP5DgXHk[/YT]

Source:http://www.businessinsider.com/ben-carson-nazis-the-view-evolution

The self sabotage of the GOP party is hilarious. They pretty much forfeit the general election just to win the primary. I don't believe for one second that a neurosurgeon of his caliber doesn't "believe" in evolution. This isn't ripskater we're talking about. He's pandering and it's obvious.

Let's enjoy another 4 years of democrats running the nation. Not that I mind.

As I’ve stated to Colby, Bulokwski, Muster X, Spamking, Final Rehab, and numerous others…

I’m still on the path of searching for the “truth.” I have read countless religious texts, and works of philosophy and religious philopshy (Cs. Lewis)

I’m not sure if I believe in a God or “higher power”, but you’ll never find me say, “I don’t believe in God” or “I’m an atheist” nor will you ever see me ridicule someone for believing in a God.

To answer your question above,
The most appealing, moving, poignant and spiritually uplifting texts I found in the Bible were the Gospels. And honestly, I would even consider the Gospels (especially Luke) some of my favorite works of philosophy.

I would have no issue following the path of Jesus to make myself a better man.
However, I found the god of the Old Testament quite brutal, abhorrent, vicious and devoid of mercy. I could not dedicate my soul to an entity like that.

The God of the OT, the One who created the universe and owns, operates and manipulates it, is the same God Jesus came to bring man to.

And the point of following Jesus is not to make you a better man, although that is a benificial perk, it is to inherit the eternal life you were meant to have.

All the other religions and belief systems say you have to earn your merits via this or that practice or work. Biblical Christianity is the only one that says LogicalInsanity cannot do it on his own, and needs the work of a Savior. If you place your trust in Jesus, He will do the work.

The self sabotage of the GOP party is hilarious. They pretty much forfeit the general election just to win the primary. I don't believe for one second that a neurosurgeon of his caliber doesn't "believe" in evolution. This isn't ripskater we're talking about. He's pandering and it's obvious.

At first I thought the same thing, in regards to him pandering, but I don't know anymore. People can be selectively intelligent.

At first I thought the same thing, in regards to him pandering, but I don't know anymore. People can be selectively intelligent.

The only one who isn't pandering is Huckabee, but there might be genetic retardation in his family. Look at his sons, it's obvious. The rest are pandering to the thai domis and colbies that populate the bible belt, making themselves unelectable in the generals.

And I'm pretty sure they know it as well. They'll lose the election but then come out with a book like "American Jesus" or "How God has left America", you know 150 pages tops, 30 of which are pictures, with a nice 22 point font for the base they were pandering to. Then just live very comfortably in a mansion making occasional appearances at the annual guns&fried food fest or some shit.

I think Ben Carson is telling the truth. I think he believes like I do. But you are right, he's a much smarter person than I am.

The only one who isn't pandering is Huckabee, but there might be genetic retardation in his family. Look at his sons, it's obvious. The rest are pandering to the thai domis and colbies that populate the bible belt, making themselves unelectable in the generals.

And I'm pretty sure they know it as well. They'll lose the election but then come out with a book like "American Jesus" or "How God has left America", you know 150 pages tops, 30 of which are pictures, with a nice 22 point font for the base they were pandering to. Then just live very comfortably in a mansion making occasional appearances at the annual guns&fried food fest or some shit.

But why take on evolution? He can win over that same crowd by hating muslims and abortion. That's why I think he is being genuine.

But why take on evolution? He can win over that same crowd by hating muslims and abortion. That's why I think he is being genuine.

I don't think Carson brought up evolution to take it on. That woman did and he just genuinely answered.

I don't think Carson brought up evolution to take it on. That woman did and he just genuinely answered.

True, in this particular instance. But I think it's all stemming from comments he made in a speech a while back.

Meditated on, internalized, and accepted.

My man

I don't agree with your position on evolutionary theory but of course some proponents of evolution can be too close-minded to admit that there may be holes in certain aspects of the overall picture. Origin of life is a tough one. While we're on or around the subject though, as to LI's contention that you've supported the idea that dinosaurs and humans walked together, is that true? That concerns me .

Sure...with evidence and reasoning. And I'm not proposing man and dinosaur literally "walked together" and were kept as pets and all that. Just that there is evidence showing that dinosaurs are young and interacted with man.

The real concern tho is why would that concern you. Sometimes I wonder if many people have ever fully grasped just how bold these claims made by "science" are. The theory that dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago is a gigantic claim with absolutely 0 ways of verifying this. 65...million Rehab. The real question is why in the world would anyone have this much faith and belief that we have 65 million years of history(let alone 13 billion) mapped out to such a degree that a person's basic skepticism would be concerning.

I'm not saying dinosaurs were definitely around with man just that there is evidence to support the idea. Conversely the accepted theory is actually based on evidence that cannot be verified in any way possible. So I think I'm well within the bounds of mental health to consider a young dinosaur. You should give it a shot, you may be surprised what you find out.

Ok. I didn't know that and I haven't seen it.

I think this is the full speech. (No I didn't watch it, I gotta go make tacos)

[YT]YPqq6fr2CF4[/YT]
“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary.” The Adversary is a nickname for the devil; it’s the actual translation of the word “Satan.”

Seems like bible belters really care about whether or not their candidate is a "good Christian man". Since they take the bible literally, evolution is a major deal breaker for their faith. Just look at the WR, evolution threads get 1000 replies in like 3 days because the usual suspects here are the same people politicians like Carson pander to. The mountains and mountains of evidence from numerous fields of study are "just not convincing". So obviously biblical literalism is very important to them. And Carson, Cruz, and the vast majority of politicians know that.

I think this is the full speech. (No I didn't watch it, I gotta go make tacos)

[YT]YPqq6fr2CF4[/YT]
“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary.” The Adversary is a nickname for the devil; it’s the actual translation of the word “Satan.”

Thanks for posting it.

I do agree with him.

Thanks for posting it.

I do agree with him.

12036365_1036535299732308_2358615319975606404_n.jpg

My man

Sure...with evidence and reasoning. And I'm not proposing man and dinosaur literally "walked together" and were kept as pets and all that. Just that there is evidence showing that dinosaurs are young and interacted with man.

The real concern tho is why would that concern you. Sometimes I wonder if many people have ever fully grasped just how bold these claims made by "science" are. The theory that dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago is a gigantic claim with absolutely 0 ways of verifying this. 65...million Rehab. The real question is why in the world would anyone have this much faith and belief that we have 65 million years of history(let alone 13 billion) mapped out to such a degree that a person's basic skepticism would be concerning.

I'm not saying dinosaurs were definitely around with man just that there is evidence to support the idea. Conversely the accepted theory is actually based on evidence that cannot be verified in any way possible. So I think I'm well within the bounds of mental health to consider a young dinosaur. You should give it a shot, you may be surprised what you find out.

You wouldn't happen to have this evidence on hand now, would you?

Back