Cauliflower Ear Drainage

Ha. Did you at least wear head gear when you went back to training the very next night?

Nah man honestly i've come to grips that my ears will never look "normal" unless you're comparing me to the rest of the guys in the gym!

What i AM trying to do is to keep the growth of the cauli down for as long as i can, that's all just maintenance if you will i guess. I already have a bulge that wont go away but there is a pocket like thing under it i keep draining and icing.

I dont think you can take time off from training everytime you get some cauli growth or you'd never be on the mats training....aaaand if you're one of those peolpe lucky enough not to get it, F*** you, no j/k good on you and im a little jealous.

I will tell you people that are going to attempt this...i am by no means a doctor and wouldnt recommend anyone to do it yourselves. If you are subborn (like me) and hate going to the doc for something you think you can do yourself then get a needle ive been using a 26 and its been right size for me ;) BUT make sure you're needle is NOT TOO big or you will leave these HOLES in your ears everytime you drain them. TAKE IT FORM ME! I was using a 21 and that is TOO big and NOT necessary! So if you persist on doing it yourself (i dont recommend) use relatively smaller needle maybe 24-26, IMHO

Hey Codemonkey, has your ear healed?? .. I just got mine 1 week ago. Before that, i had pain but it never swollen. Last week it got bigger , then i took the decision to drain it myself. I bought some insulin needles. The 1st 2 atempts i couldnt drain it , sometimes is hard to find the pocket, i pushed it a bit deeper in the skin and the fluid started to fill the needle. I had 3 drains the last 4 days. its looking better but still pretty redish. I got no camera so i cant post pics. later :icon_chee

my right ear has a lumped up hard spot, not too bad though. My most recent left ear is as close to perfect as you could wish for, my sister is a nurse and drained it a couple of times and I did it my self a couple of times as well, I have a tiny bump on the edge and that is it

i recently drained my ear about 4-5 times over the course of a week until no more fluid came out.

now the weird thing is that it feels like there is an air bubble or air pocket in the cauli site. when i wake up in the morning and squeeze it, i can feel a few slight pops. nothing painful, but it feels like there is a hollow space. maybe like 5 hours later i can squeeze it again w/ the same results. anyone have this before?

i recently drained my ear about 4-5 times over the course of a week until no more fluid came out.

now the weird thing is that it feels like there is an air bubble or air pocket in the cauli site. when i wake up in the morning and squeeze it, i can feel a few slight pops. nothing painful, but it feels like there is a hollow space. maybe like 5 hours later i can squeeze it again w/ the same results. anyone have this before?

I heard some pops at mine but about 3 weeks ago (i used to squeeze when it started to feel funny). I dont think is a good thing squeezing the damaged cartilage ..... try to leave it alone and use some ice on it

I haven't got that, but when I drained my ear there was definitely some suck-back in the syringe. I was worried that air might get in there because I had to hold the plunger out while holding the ear/needle and pulling it out.

Back