Cejudo should be in every GOAT discussion

Here is why I disagree with your reply: He beat Prime Mighty Mouse, another GOAT candidate. He crushed UFC champ, in his prime, Dillashaw. He stopped Cruz, a guy who has beat everyone and has never been stopped by strikes.

Most importantly, he won two titles in different divisions in the modern era and defended both titles. Accomplishments separate GOATS from great fighters.

Beating a bunch of cans years on end and then beating older, post prime fighters, should not count towards GOAT status.

He beat one last night who has fought twice in 3.5 years.

So...no.

Allow me to explain my point. I really like Cejudo, I was rooting for him last night and was kind of shocked to see him retire.

But here's the thing. All of Cejudo's big wins kind of have asterisks next to them.

Win the belt over Demetrious in a very contentious split decision after being finished R1 by DJ previously.
Defends the belt against TJ Dillashaw after a very ill-advised weight cut.
Has a comeback victory against Moraes after being rocked repeatedly.
And beats a short-notice Cruz coming out of semi-retirement with a shaky stoppage.
If he had stayed and hypothetically beaten Aldo, it would have been an Aldo coming off a 2-fight skid.

You see what I mean? It's not that I don't like the guy, and he has done outstanding. He's been the most important flyweight not named Mighty Mouse.

But every one of his actual title matches have had these weird circumstances surrounding them.

Seriously, is Cejudo the GOAT?
Greater than GSP and Silva?
And he did it with no steroids.
It's funny when everyone mentions that AS was on steroids yet those retards actually believe that GSP was 100% natty

Lws.gif

He beat one last night who has fought twice in 3.5 years.

So now Cruz is a can? All week Sherdog proclaimed he was the greatest 135er ever and was going to pick apart Henry.

So...no.

Allow me to explain my point. I really like Cejudo, I was rooting for him last night and was kind of shocked to see him retire.

But here's the thing. All of Cejudo's big wins kind of have asterisks next to them.

Win the belt over Demetrious in a very contentious split decision after being finished R1 by DJ previously.
Defends the belt against TJ Dillashaw after a very ill-advised weight cut.
Has a comeback victory against Moraes after being dropped repeatedly.
And beats a short-notice Cruz coming out of semi-retirement with a shaky stoppage.
If he had stayed and hypothetically beaten Aldo, it would have been an Aldo coming off a 2-fight skid.

You see what I mean? It's not that I don't like the guy, and he has done outstanding. He's been the most important flyweight not named Mighty Mouse.

But every one of his actual title matches have had these weird circumstances surrounding them.

You could do the same shit with every fighter.....picking apart their wins. I suppose Gaethje's win should have an asterix as well because Tony had two training camps and over trained?

Henry beat prime guys, not fighters past their primes.

He's one of the greatest ever simply based on accomplishments

If you dispute the claim that Henry should be in all GOAT discussions then offer up any fighter that you think could win the title in two divisions and successfully defend both titles......

You could do the same shit with every fighter.....picking apart their wins. Henry beat prime guys, not fighters past their primes.

Putting aside the argument that Cruz is not a prime guy, my point is that he has never had that big signature win without some kind of weird circumstance surrounding it. When I think of the term "Greatest of All Time", I think of big, exciting, dominant victories over top opponents, and yeah, you have to be a champion. Cejudo's arguably mos solid title match win was against Moraes, and even then it came after taking a beating initially, and Marlon gassing.

Most impressive win streak of recent history for sure. IMO, he’s the #1 p4p

Putting aside the argument that Cruz is not a prime guy, my point is that he has never had that big signature win without some kind of weird circumstance surrounding it. When I think of the term "Greatest of All Time", I think of big, exciting, dominant victories over top opponents, and yeah, you have to be a champion. Cejudo's arguably mos solid title match win was against Moraes, and even then it came after taking a beating initially, and Marlon gassing.

"Some kind of weird circumstances" I disagree and think that you feel this way to discredit Cejudo. As a counter argument to your statements regarding the Moraes win, I would say Henry fought the #1 contender and made adjustments to stop him in the 2nd round.

Idk man, circumstance matters. I dont blame him and I’m happy for him that he is retiring. He seems like he wants it and is happy.

But he only has a couple big wins. His accomplishments are impressive but he lacks volume.

The fact he did it in two weightclasses and also beat the #1 and #3 P4P in MM and TJ should count for something.

Guys like Stipe are fighting opponents 5 years past their best on the edge of retirement and people are calling him GOAT.

Here is why I disagree with your reply: He beat Prime Mighty Mouse, another GOAT candidate. He crushed UFC champ, in his prime, Dillashaw. He stopped Cruz, a guy who has beat everyone and has never been stopped by strikes.

Most importantly, he won two titles in different divisions in the modern era and defended both titles. Accomplishments separate GOATS from great fighters.

Beating a bunch of cans years on end and then beating older, post prime fighters, should not count towards GOAT status.

Guys such as GSP and Jones have been dominant for years while almost only fighting elite level competition. Lets also not forget that Cejudo barely beat MM, got a depleted looking TJ, and got an old and hasnt fought in ages Cruz. Thats why I think dominating for years against all different kinds of styles really eliminates those asterisks and makes it unquestionable how good someone is.

Btw, I’m really not trying to downplay Cejudos accomplishments or hating in general, the guy is obviously a special type of talent, I just think its too early to throw him in the GOAT discussion.

Last edited:
Hell of a run but far too short to be considered in the goat convo. 1 title defense in each division. GOATS have to clear out divisions. Cejudo avoided the majority of the killers at 135

Two Division champ who defended his title in both divisions. This alone puts him in GOAT discussion.

Defeated UFC champ Demetrious 'Mighty Mouse' Johnson and T.J. Dillashaw in their prime.

Defeated UFC champ Dominic Cruz and #1 contender Moraes.

Like Fedor and GSP, Cejudo should be in every GOAT discussion.
View attachment 767384
Pygmy goat

I'm not a fan, but his win over Moraes was legit as hell. That being said, he just looks too much like Tyrion Lannister to be the greatest mixed martial artist of all time.

Seriously though, his resume is too thin compared with others already mentioned in this thread. And yeah, he's just too goddamned little to be the Greatest mixed martial artist Of All Time. That's right, I said it.

Hell of a run but far too short to be considered in the goat convo. 1 title defense in each division. GOATS have to clear out divisions. Cejudo avoided the majority of the killers at 135

Answer this question: If you dispute the claim that Henry should be in all GOAT discussions then offer up any fighter that you think could win the title in two divisions and successfully defend both titles......

An accomplishment that separates GOATS from greats.

Two Division champ who defended his title in both divisions. This alone puts him in GOAT discussion.

Defeated UFC champ Demetrious 'Mighty Mouse' Johnson and T.J. Dillashaw in their prime.

Defeated UFC champ Dominic Cruz and #1 contender Moraes.

Like Fedor and GSP, Cejudo should be in every GOAT discussion.
View attachment 767384

Hold any belt for 5+ years then let's talk. It's disrespectful to put him in there with GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Jones. So no, can't be part of the conversation yet.

Back