News Cerrone and Gaethje two front runners for McGregor return.

Mcg will push Cowboy as an opponent like hell. Gaethje is too much of a risk. the worst part, is that Cowboy could accept since he called macg earlier this year.

That's exactly it, people will (not yourself) say that no matter what Conor does he shouldn't have a shot or whatever, the way I see it we should give Conor the same credit we would anyone else when it comes to what he does/doesn't in the octagon as well as what he has achieved, even with my favourite fighters I'll always look at things genuinely as opposed to fan bias.

It's like Al Iaquinta, he's had some holes in his game recently and he needs to work on this, I think with the Cowboy fight and then again with Hooker he's found that fighting a reachy fighter is the thing he needs to try have a better game plan with, which he will, he just needs to go through these losses and experiences to learn and improve his game because we did see a different approach in the Hooker fight as opposed to the Cowboy fight (Cowboy he was constantly pressuring forward and getting hit, Hooker he went for more TD's etc..) and both fighters (Cowboy and Hooker) brought a very similar thing so they were good fights for him, even in loss.

He's not done or is he a shit fighter which some might say, he's just had a couple of losses due to a problem he's come across and that's it :)
Didn't see the Hooker fight. I don't mind Al as a fighter. Cerrone came up in that one, thought he'd fold in a big fight again.
Just gotta wait to see who Conor actually fights.

Cerrone is obviously the guy he fights, they both wanted this fight a while ago.

Conor should be facing a top three at FW but apparently he doesn't like cardio & weight loss.

Considering that old man survived the left, i pick Cerrone by headkick

These are really the only fights that make sense for him before he fights the winner of Nate/Masvidal.

The only other slim possibility I could see would be RDA at 170 if Conor wants to get his body ready for 170 vs. Nate/Masvidal; the other top guys at 170 are too risky for the UFC to put him up against.

But really, Gaethje, Cowboy, and Poirier make the most sense.

My $ is on the UFC wanting to make the most $, and that means Gaethje.

Until I hear it's official, none of the above.

He keeps dangling this hook. And everyone keeps biting.

And frankly, I hope he (they) proves me wrong.

The winner of The fighter Kevin lee vs Gilespie

Conor made it obvious he doesnt want Dustin, Cowboy lost his mojo and Rda is far far from his exciting days

Gaethje is also likely to be his oponent

The fuck is this rumored for?

Until I hear it's official, none of the above.

He keeps dangling this hook. And everyone keeps biting.

And frankly, I hope he (they) proves me wrong.

Well the fight is not 'UFC official', but it is getting closer in that Conor held a press conference precisely to reveal this and to reveal his plans, which is to fight the winner of Nate/Masvidal after:

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/10/24...fc-comeback-fight-booked-jan-18-las-vegas-mma

So if not this card, eventually he will fight someone, unless you really believe he will never fight again, in which case, I would say you are in the minority.

No chance in hell Conor would fight a nobody like Gregor (And I'm a huge Gregor fan)

Kevin Lee, maybe. But I still doubt it.

source.gif

I think Dustin Poirier is out for awhile. He's getting hip surgery.

Well the fight is not 'UFC official', but it is getting closer in that Conor held a press conference precisely to reveal this and to reveal his plans, which is to fight the winner of Nate/Masvidal after:

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/10/24...fc-comeback-fight-booked-jan-18-las-vegas-mma

So if not this card, eventually he will fight someone, unless you really believe he will never fight again, in which case, I would say you are in the minority.
Conor has held many press conferences to say many things. In 2018 he promised he'd fight in 2019. In 2019 he promised he was retired.

This is the latest of many.

But hey, if he fights, that's great.

Great opponent for McGregor would be the Irish judicial system, or wherever else he's been accused of rape multiple times.

Conor has held many press conferences to say many things. In 2018 he promised he'd fight in 2019. In 2019 he promised he was retired.

This is the latest of many.

But hey, if he fights, that's great.

He sure has, might even have more! You are correct. The purpose of this thread is to discuss who people think he might fight yet, even if it is not in January, though I am cautiously getting my hopes up :)

Thing is, he is NOT fighting.
Every one of these fights should be interesting, but Conor is NOT fighting.

Back