Chael P. Sonnen will win the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament.

The thought of Roy Nelson chasing Chael around the cage while throwing bombs makes me smile somehow...

There is approximately zero per cent chance of that happening. He is only there to provide some quality trash talk.

Nah

Rampage should beat him.
And Bader is like a 10x better version than Sonnen.

I think he could outwrestle Page and Fedor to a dec. Heck if Mitrione makes it to the finals he might outwrestle him to a dec as well.

I'm not even sure he gets by fat Rampage. I would love to see him win though, just to see the fallout/chaos.

Totally agree. However, I'd say Chael has a tougher road than anyone. He's a big MW or at best, a small LHW. He admitted he had trouble with larger wrestlers like Jones and Rashad (and later the same happened vs. Tito). He does pretty well against LHW strikers (Shogun, Wand) so he might have a chance against Rampage--it depends what Rampage's TDD/wrestling look like (both have been declining). Outside of Rampage, the only other guy he might be able to beat is Fedor via wrestling. Bader and Mo are bad match-ups (bigger/younger wrestlers) and Mir and Mitrione are full-sized HWs who are just too dang big for him. Mir has a good chance of subbing him, and I don't think Chael would have much success getting Mitrione down or keeping him there.

The thought of Roy Nelson chasing Chael around the cage while throwing bombs makes me smile somehow...

That could actually be a horrible fight where Roy never connects (he's very slow and telegraphed these days) but Chael never has a successful TD (or can't keep Roy down)...so neither one has any offense to speak of.

Totally agree. However, I'd say Chael has a tougher road than anyone. He's a big MW or at best, a small LHW. He admitted he had trouble with larger wrestlers like Jones and Rashad (and later the same happened vs. Tito). He does pretty well against LHW strikers (Shogun, Wand) so he might have a chance against Rampage--it depends what Rampage's TDD/wrestling look like (both have been declining). Outside of Rampage, the only other guy he might be able to beat is Fedor via wrestling. Bader and Mo are bad match-ups (bigger/younger wrestlers) and Mir and Mitrione are full-sized HWs who are just too dang big for him. Mir has a good chance of subbing him, and I don't think Chael would have much success getting Mitrione down or keeping him there.
Completely agree. I have to tip my hat to him. I know Chael loves getting the attention on himself but it still takes some serious balls on his part to enter this tournament.

If you really believe that, the futures prices for Sonnen to win the Heavyweight GP is +1300.

I'll probably bet on him against a fat Rampage but thats as far as it goes.

I'll probably bet on him against a fat Rampage but thats as far as it goes.

Good call I agree. Rampage against King Mo his last fight was around 260, breathing hard, and just dialing in a paycheck. If he comes in like that again I could even see an easy win for Chael, who we at least know will be fit.

He will pass round 1 I believe.

Rampage is NOT the same fighter he once was. He must weigh like 250 now.

They should've allowed Chuck into this tournament.

Back