Media Chael Sonnen "Charles Oliveira's team is worried about his weight"

You're mistaken, and Charles just made weight without any fuss.

He's been in the UFC for 32 fights over 14 years.

In his current 16 fight lightweight run, he's missed weight exactly one time, by half a pound, and it was due to the backstage scale being off. This was widely reported.

Chael threads should not be allowed in the heavies.
It looks like he is tied for the record.
I was mistaken.

Luckily this was no Championship bout. But he made contacted weight easy, without stripping and towels. So Chael can shut up.
Time will tell in the future if he can make championship weight, or even make it to the fight. <28>

Hard to be in a championship fight when they only take place once in a year and against guys from lower weight class.
Oliviera was going to fight that same guy from the lower weight class had he won against Makhachev, didn't matter though he got wrecked and can't make it to a title fight anymore. Plus he's not even getting a title shot, it would be a rematch, rematches don't need to happen.

AbuDhabi weight championship is 200lbs. I don't know if he can make that, he looked tiny against that giant Makhachevx
Also, I don't know if they are going to let him put steel in his gloves like they let Makhachev.

They also made Charles walk the tiger a few weeks before his fight which screwed with him, they might force him to do that again.

"Team Oliveira their biggest concern is not Saturday they have one opponent first and that opponent has beaten him before several times and that is the scale, and right now they are getting some weight off and they are a little bit worried they are behind"

Sounds like a fabricated story a la Chael but also general enough for it to fit anyone "biggest opponent scale... worried they're behind.." normal shit really

They released another video, he looks rougher in this one. Chael was right it was a hard cut. Well at least he made weight.

Back