Chael Sonnen: Fedor's fights in Japan were works...

Actually, if chael loses tonfedor, it may be worth having him fight Georges just to make it the four pillars of MMA.

On a more serious note, I hung out with Chael a few times and he is actually a super nice and friendly dude. Super down to earth.

The man with the biggest arms, the greatest charm, the man who does all the harm. The American Gangster. A tyrant. A dictator. The leader of the free world. The reason why Waldo is hiding. The man who could walk in the sun and wouldn't even melt, the man who could wear the Golden Gate Bridge as a championship belt.

222 perfectly woven pounds created by God. Muscle steel and sex appeal.

The most interesting man in the world.

Chael P. Sonnen. And the "P" stands for "the greatest of all time."

And "perfection" too.

q5L9GeF.gif

There's just no way Fedor Emelianenko can handle the pressure. He'll be just mesmerised. Chills will be coming down his Russian spine just for standing next to Greatness.

He can do whatever the hell he wants to. Call Cro Cop and Nogueira. Call the entire Pride roster. Hell, call the Yakuza. Call Putin, call Russia and all their soldier who act like "sambo" actually means something.

Call them all. Not happening.

Because at the end of the day, it will be one more in the record books,
one more for the highlight reel,
one more in the win column,
and one more
for the Bad Guy.

Still undefeated, still undisputed.
<{Joewithit}>

I can't believe there are still people who don't know Pride was mostly fixed fights. I mean if you don't get it just ask your self what country Bob Sapp spent most of his career in.

As much as I'd love to see fedya ko CHAEL I'd equally be satisfied with an armbar or kimura.

CHAEL is just another victim.....

Anyone with half a brain knew Nogueira was throwing his fights against Fedor. He voluntarily agreed to lose his title, have his head bounced off the canvas like a bouncy ball, and sustain multiple concussions all in order to put Fedor over. Just like it was obvious that Randleman gently laid Fedor on the canvas so as to allow him to reverse and finish the fight shortly there after. It doesn't take too keen an eye to see this.

Chael is spot on the money about all fighters losing after leaving Japan for America where they'd encounter real fights. Anderson Silva looked like an absolute fool against a legit, mafia-free Chris Weidman. It's well known at this point.

well, to be fair he specified after that he thinks some fights were shoots and some were fixed.

In my opinion anyone who cites and lends credibility to the factually incorrect banter that Chael emits, by default losses credibility as a poster/journalist/etc.

He's not wrong and what he's saying is common knowledge in many circles. Some fights were real, a LOT were fixed on one side. Japan loves its shoots.

What happens is you take a bunch of marketable Western guys, fix a bunch of their fights by having some local cans take a dive, now you have some 'legit' guys with great records. You can then pit these guys against each other occasionally in an unfixed fight and everybody thinks it's best vs best.

I actually just listened to that podcast this morning and was LMAO. A classic epic Chael rant on JMMA fights.

It was funny that Ariel also played that old interview on his podcast this week.

"Who is it now.... Yamamoto? Kid Yamamoto! 10 years they say, best FW ever. The guy can't win a single round in the UFC, let alone a fight"

Chael P bless

"I don't accept your wins in Japan, nor should I. Referee was wearing an earpiece"

"That pissed me off when I bought those fights and later found out I was buying wrassling"

He's not wrong and what he's saying is common knowledge in many circles. Some fights were real, a LOT were fixed on one side. Japan loves its shoots.

What happens is you take a bunch of marketable Western guys, fix a bunch of their fights by having some local cans take a dive, now you have some 'legit' guys with great records. You can then pit these guys against each other occasionally in an unfixed fight and everybody thinks it's best vs best.
"a LOT"... [sigh]

I actually just listened to that podcast this morning and was LMAO. A classic epic Chael rant on JMMA fights.

It was funny that Ariel also played that old interview on his podcast this week.

"Who is it now.... Yamamoto? Kid Yamamoto! 10 years they say, best FW ever. The guy can't win a single round in the UFC, let alone a fight"

Chael P bless

"I don't accept your wins in Japan, nor should I. Referee was wearing an earpiece"

"That pissed me off when I bought those fights and later found out I was buying wrassling"

LMAO hahahah

<Lmaoo><45><36>{<jordan}

Chael is a shot fighter and will be much smaller. Fedor has value even at -190 here.

Chael is the Pride 205 GOAT. He beat Shogun, Wand, and Rampage :)

Wouldn't it be awesome if Fedor beats him then Cro Cop requests Chael soon after :)

Chael is an idiot. I remember when CC beat King Mo this idiot had the nerve to ask Mo if the fight was fixed.

He needs to do better to sell the fight.

Back