Chael Sonnen has 1.25 million subscribers on his YT channel

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Everytime I see a clip of him, I can't decide which is worse, the gibberish he is talking or the manner of delivery.

He's likely making a good living despite producing trash content. It's all a bunch of fluff and he's maybe sending his kids to private school because of it.

Last edited:
When he first started his channel I watched… was interesting getting fight info from a former fighter’s perspective. Over time I found it less and less informative, and more and more entertainment so I stopped watching his vids for a couple years now…

Chael is the master of saying so much without saying anything at all. I don’t mean that flatteringly. The guy has zero substance to his words, he just knows how to make it sound nice.

He’ll post a 15 minute video of him talking and by the end of it you realize he didn’t actually say anything.

Everytime I see a clip of him, I can't decide which is worse, the gibberish he is talking or the manner of delivery.
They could be equally worse, if that makes any sense.
I believe Chael makes love to the sound of his own voice.

He has 6253 Videos since 2015 in order to make the most money. That's a crazy 2 videos a day.
The content suffers heavily because of that. It is watered down so hard, he is trying to make up for it with going over the top.

Chael has charisma and if you gave him 1 interview a month, it would be a good one with 1 crazy statement.
With 2 a day, it's just bullshit. Still better than Rogan.

He has 6253 Videos since 2015 in order to make the most money. That's a crazy 2 videos a day.
The content suffers heavily because of that. It is watered down so hard, he is trying to make up for it with going over the top.

Chael has charisma and if you gave him 1 interview a month, it would be a good one with 1 crazy statement.
Reminds me of Da UFC

He's likely making a good living despite producing trash content. It's all a bunch of fluff and he's maybe sending his kids to private school because of it.

It's a good way of making monies after fighting!

Chael is the master of saying so much without saying anything at all. I don’t mean that flatteringly. The guy has zero substance to his words, he just knows how to make it sound nice.

He’ll post a 15 minute video of him talking and by the end of it you realize he didn’t actually say anything.

Most youtube videos are like that.
Not trying to defend him.

When he first started his channel I watched… was interesting getting fight info from a former fighter’s perspective. Over time I found it less and less informative, and more and more entertainment so I stopped watching his vids for a couple years now…
Basically, he is keeping up with the UFC model. More fluff, more fake drama and more bullshit to cater to a entertainment-only audience. More viewers as well. He is doing it right, no matter how wrong it may seem.
I hate it as well.

I avoid that shit like the plague.

Theres actually a clip of him being interviewed by ariel where he does the trump hand gestures. Its just fucking pathetic.

he comes to sherdog forums and looks for content, and this is not some hyperbole, that's what he does, I know this for a fact. so if his content is trash, so is sherdog forums....which is true in many ways haha. Chael has a gift of jibba jabba, he is fairly intelligent, so whatever, he is using his gifts to talk about mma.

just a goat doing goat things.

def bought subs

guy got a huge chunk of subs early in his YT days

probably keeps sprinkling them in

A politician’s attribute. Some have it and some don’t. Of course you can practice it, but some just have it.

I personally dislike the empty talking. I had a co-worker that was a manager at the workplace and he gave a speech one day, talked for a few minutes and didn’t really say anything at all. I even called him out afterwards and he just laughed like yeah, you know how it is.

<WhatItIs>

I don’t watch or follow Sonnen anymore. When he started his channel I watched some videos but.. Blehh

The first time I checked out his channel was a long time ago, and I noticed very early on that all of his videos gave me some kind mental blue balls. Like mental edging but without any pleasurable sensations.

He tells a story in this tone that has you believing that theres gonna be some kind of interesting point or insane conclusion coming ANYYYY MOMENTTT NOWWWW. But it never happens, and you realize that you just wasted 10 minutes of your time listening to Chael rambling without making any point whatsoever.

I see that in the last couple of years he made the switch to hot takes or trying to be Ariel with the fight announcements and rumor discussions, which I guess in a weird way is an improvement. I mean I would still never waste another minute listening to him, but at least now there is someeee kind of substance to his content, albeit very shallow one.

Agree with OP. He is an expert on talking a lot and saying very little. I watched him in the early days of this channel. But a few months after. I got sick of the babble.

Chaels personality is way too fake for me to ever enjoy. Theres like a million layers that you have to peel away to get to his true thoughts on things.

The UFC asskissing and shillery, need to always have a hot take and be unique, always working an angle, fishing for easy clicks and headlines, his ego, etc etc.

Thats why Luke Thomas is my favorite mma media, the guy just gives his honest analysis and opinion on things in a well thought out way.

This is the story of YouTube.

The biggest channels in any given genre are usually the people who are the most full of shit and know how to drive views by clickbaiting and talking about drama.

"Only chael can talk about a video he’s never seen for 7 minutes before realizing."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back