News Chael Sonnen in trouble, hit with 11 criminal charges, including a felony for strangulation

Will Chael be showing up on ESPN while these charges are pending?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
It'll settle to a reasonable level, slower than Jones' DV case in Vegas and faster than Conor's case in NY.

He'll plead to something small and serve no time. Probably cost him $100k in lawyers. And if asked afterwards, he'll say he'd do nothing different.

Chael is gonna win this one and stay undefeated in the cage and in court

It's not Chael's fault that those idiots insulted Chael's wife and then made the cardinal sin of getting too close to Chael.
Exactly.

What did they expect? That Chael would just let them get close? Nah, bro. Nah.

The courts will learn.

ImpressiveUntimelyBarracuda-max-1mb.gif

It's my way of suggesting the "trouble" chael is in, isn't with criminal court, it's with Disney and ESPN. Dana already stood up for Rogan, he willing to do it again for Chael?
Isn't Chael more in trouble with the law, and not ESPN per se? If you want to put that out as a poll, why not ask that directly in the thread title?

Isn't Chael more in trouble with the law, and not ESPN per se? If you want to put that out as a poll, why not ask that directly in the thread title?

Nah, I can't see Chael doing any serious time over this, but I can see this putting his career in jeopardy, especially when it comes to ESPN.

If this didn't come so close with Joe Rogan's controversy, Chael MIGHT be okay, it's a really bad look to have your announcers/commentors spark up controversy with alleged racism and then being an alleged criminal. Cain going nuts and shooting the guy doesn't help either.

All these recent controversies from the UFC might end up making Chael the scapegoat when it comes to ESPN.

This is all side discussions though, the charges are the main topic. This wouldn't go in the title.

Man. I'll cut Chael a break because the victims were talking shit to his wife but at the same time Chael got the same speech every incoming NCAA athlete gets about how to avoid problems in public. No reason to be drunk after midnight in public if you're a high profile especially a fighter.

Man. I'll cut Chael a break because the victims were talking shit to his wife but at the same time Chael got the same speech every incoming NCAA athlete gets about how to avoid problems in public. No reason to be drunk after midnight in public if you're a high profile especially a fighter.
Chael doesn't drink.

It'll settle to a reasonable level, slower than Jones' DV case in Vegas and faster than Conor's case in NY.

He'll plead to something small and serve no time. Probably cost him $100k in lawyers. And if asked afterwards, he'll say he'd do nothing different.
He's going to pay up in civil court

Back