News Chael Sonnen Retires..

Chael actually did well for himself on mid cards. It was the main and co main slots where he started jobbing.

Gatekeeper.

Chael never really lost as a favorite- so not a choker. Unlike Fedor.

Tito and will say the second Anderson Silva fight, people were sure he was going to dominate in a bogger fashion than the first fight.

oVqIAQ5.png

Chael never had any mental durability when it got tough, even though he has one of the greatest chins ever, 50 pro fights and never knocked out.

He goes fetal as soon as he gets hit, difficult to ko someone like that, a practitioner of Fred Ettis way of rolling with the punch, similar to Brock Lesnar.

Chael Sonnen retires and Bellator immediately replaces him with another aging star Fedor Emelianenko with a new contract. WTH?

Gatekeeper.

Tito and will say the second Anderson Silva fight, people were sure he was going to dominate in a bogger fashion than the first fight.
I mean yeah in a round about way pretty much. But he had main event level charisma which carried him a long way.

respect chael was a bad mother fucker but due to his style body type he really should have retired in 2013 but hes to tough for is own good only fat fucks sitting down eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew sit back shit talking him

I wasnt always a fan of his, but respect for what he was able to do

PS that guy at the press conference after the fights that asked about what he((Chael)) would say to his dad at that moment if he could, was a complete dickhead to ask that.... at that time and place

Him on Sportscenter, selling the Jones fight, is an all time classic, imo.

It's interesting looking back on people's careers with time and retrospect. Some people's legacies age well, and others don't.

I think Chael's will be looked up favorably. Entertaining of course. While his fights were sometimes boring, he was never afraid of anyone.

And I don't care what anyone says, Chael/Anderson Silva 1 will go down as one of the greatest fights on all time. The perfect storm of pre-fight drama, unpredictable underdog performance from Chael, complete with dramatic ending.

It's interesting looking back on people's careers with time and retrospect. Some people's legacies age well, and others don't.

I think Chael's will be looked up favorably. Entertaining of course. While his fights were sometimes boring, he was never afraid of anyone.

And I don't care what anyone says, Chael/Anderson Silva 1 will go down as one of the greatest fights on all time. The perfect storm of pre-fight drama, unpredictable underdog performance from Chael, complete with dramatic ending.
It was a disservice that the rematch didn't take place in some massive stadium. Will be hard to explain just how anticipated that bout was.

Back