Media Chael Sonnen, the only man in the fight game with the balls to diss Mike Tyson

I'm with Chael on this one, except for the fake gangster part about taking the 12 mil if he wanted it. That's just dumb. I do think Chael could beat Tyson in anything other than straight boxing though.

I'm with Chael on this one, except for the fake gangster part about taking the 12 mil if he wanted it. That's just dumb. I do think Chael could beat Tyson in anything other than straight boxing though.

I took it to mean that Chael could have sued Tyson for that 12 million lol or could have done a PR campaign on it and do much better than Tyson did in his PR campaign against Hulu. Chael's point was that he stayed quiet about that 12 million and he didn't babble about it, until now. I took that 12 million thing as a threat, like, do you want me to talk about that Mike?

I took it to mean that Chael could have sued Tyson for that 12 million lol or could have done a PR campaign on it and do much better than Tyson did in his PR campaign against Hulu. Chael's point was that he stayed quiet about that 12 million and he didn't babble about it, until now. I took that 12 million thing as a threat, like, do you want me to talk about that Mike?
Fair point. I might have missed the mark on that one.

Chael talks so much bullsh:t that even when he has a valid point, it's difficult to take him seriously. Sure, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but Chael's credibility has gone to crap a long time ago.

I like Chael, but does he really want to risk losing an ear for subs on his podcast?

Chael's points essentially:

1) Chael is in the credit of the documentary, since there is wide main stream support for Mike behind this, he felt the need to make the video because he wanted to get ahead of the story before people bash him for being involved in the documentary (Dana White was very much against having anything to do with this documentary and turned down money to be in it).

2) You don't need to pay someone for telling information that everyone has access too.

3) Even if you do, Tyson sold his rights to his life story a few years back, he's complaining even though he doesn't hold the legal rights to his life story cause he sold it.

4) He criticizes Tyson for playing a victim card a lot of the time. Criticizes Tyson for being greedy, demanding money that shouldn't be his.

5) Talks about a fight he had with Tyson; a fight that fell through. Chael was supposed to get 12 million but Tyson pulled out, he said that Tyson had a right to pull out and he didn't need to pay him, but that if he wanted that 12 million, he'd go and take from Tyson.

"If I want that 12 Million Dollars, I'd go and take that 12 million dollars." Bad ass story with a bad ass line.
ok. thank you. i guess i can see why both sides would be upset even though (if what you say is true) he willingly sold his life story. Sly Stallone gets butthurt about Rocky even though he willingly gave it up as well.

This is no different that the push back from the "Pam & Tommy" series on Hulu

Pamela Anderson went on a social campaign against Hulu for not having her permission and not paying her $$$

If he shoot’s immediately for the TD…one shot…
Tyson is old and washed up. Also knocking out a wrestler who also happens to be a MMA legend when they're going for a takedown... I'd give even prime Mike Tyson little chance of pulling that off against Chael.

It's not hard to see why Mike's sore about this, but the salt in the wound is that Chael is technically correct here; there's not much Mike can do about it except ask his fans to not give HULU the views. Even worse, by talking about it and stirring up this drama, he's probably given it more press than it ever would have gotten otherwise - there's already a ton of Tyson media out there.

As far as Chael vs Tyson goes, Tyson is sometimes struck with debilitating sciatica flare ups that can sometimes be so bad he can barely walk or talk. Considering what he's put his body through, and thanks to his renewed dedication to the gym, he's in good health compared to where he could be, but anyone calling for a 56 year old Tyson to get in the ring with anybody needs to get their head checked.

What I don't get, is why wouldn't Hulu want Mike to be involved in the documentary? It would pretty much be guaranteed to be better if there were current interviews with Mike and additional insights and stories from him. I'll probably watch the documentary but I just think it would be significantly better with Tyson's involvement.

Is this the same Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson Mysteries?

Mike Tyson is one of the most overrated fighters ever.
snoop-dogg-i-said-it.gif

Pretty much, he's been doing a ton of interviews trashing Hulu, and public support has been big on boycotting Hulu for Mike, despite that he even sold his life story a few years ago.

Dana White was even offered money to appear in the Hulu documentary to talk about Mike, but declined because they didn't pay Mike.

Chael was in the credits of the documentary, despite Dana wanting nothing to do with it, Chael got involved, he kinda explains why, goes after Tyson for selling his life story and wanting a payout, ect. ect.

Welp, there goes my respect for that jackass. What a thing to throw a tantrum about. Mike, go to youtube and search Mike Tyson documentary. There are bound to be a few. Are you only throwing a hissy fit over this because it's a company you thinknyou can sue?

The best thing about this is that he was praising Dana for turning these people down. I had no idea it was just to have Dana as a commentator, but holy fuck Tyson is stupid. If Dana was broke and Hulu came to him, offering him 200 grand for his appearance, Dana would have jumped on that like a whore jumping on a John.

Dear God, I now get how he got fleeced by King. He's retarded and also has no idea who is actually looking out for him.

He's got a marketable name and he's sluming around with Dana, for free, he should shut his mouth.

Chael has been slowly pivoting away from MMA since he got canned from his ESPN gig for allegedly assaulting that couple. He seems to be courting a more conservative audience. I wouldn't be surprised if he begins talking about politics once the 2024 Presidential Election news cycle begins in 2023.

Chael is a gifted communicator but he continues to trash the wrong public figures over and over. Simon Biles, Charles Oliveira, Leon Edwards, and now Mike Tyson <45>???

The team writing his scripts continues to put up dud after dud.

Tyson would bob and weave low, trying to get inside. Chael will clinch, dirty box him and wear him down.

Not that hard to figure out
Lmao at Chael having any prayer unless he shoots immediately like he did against Wanderlai

He's upset he isn't getting paid for it. Probably also because he has no oversight on it so there may be stuff on there that he doesn't like or stuff that didn't happen. But it seems like Tyson sold his rights to use his likeness early on, probably around Don King era.

It's no different than UFC using the likeness of UFC fighters for products, marketing, video games, etc. They aren't getting paid extra for any of that. Like Shaq has the rights for many celebrities likeness. Shaq has a lot of investments, he invested heavily in celebrity likeness rights as well.
Do you know if he did sign his rights over? Even if he did, the tard really needs to understand that there is free footage everywhere of him that a film crew can use to create an interesting documentary. If he's afraid of slander, then go after them after the documentary comes out.

Back