Chael Sonnen vs Conor McGregor in a trash talking war.

Sonnen is funnier. Conor is meaner and more original. Chael really gets his inspiration from wrassling.

I like Chaels delivery more so I pick him.
What’s the meanest line Conor delivered?
Chael’s meanest would be vs Tito.. when he said his ex wife makes money with her mouth. That was brutal.

Conor had more off the cuff riffs that were funny too

Man, we both hit this battle with the exact vibes ! What do they say about great minds ?​

That coupled with a great body, you have a basic sherdog white belt <{UberTS}>
Cheers mate

Chael’s meanest would be vs Tito.. when he said his ex wife makes money with her mouth. That was brutal.

Well for Conor it would be insulting people based on physical deflects I guess? Like calling Chimaev "rat lip" or Dennis Siver a "midget nazi" (which crossed 2 lines)
Plus against Aldo, Conor had Dana White in his corner, so he could say/do anything, like take the belt from him while Dana shields him from José <mma3>

I don't think Chael ever needed to call someone ugly to win an argument... he might have made a comment or two about Tito's massive head, but hey, but who didn't?

But Chael was right lol. Conor against Khabib felt pretty forced to me.

Chael is smarter with way better delivery. Most of Conor's trash talk since the Floyd fight just consists of him repeating the same thing over and over again or talking about how he has more money or influence than the other guy.
Yep. Prime Tank Abbott out trash talks Conor with ease as well.

Conor's trash talk is wildly over rated due to his popularity. His army of nuthuggers hang on his every word like it is gold, but really it is nothing to write home about in terms of wit or cleverness.

Chael has been retired for years and people still listen to him speak daily. Conor couldn't do a ten minute podcast without repeating himself.
His "epic trash talk" is smoke and mirrors.

I will never understand the Sonnen love. He had a couple of good lines mixed in with a bunch of lame stuff. Conor has real charisma. Sonnen is closer to Colby. All that rehearsed shit

Conor had mentally destroyed Aldo and caused RDA to spar anrily and injure himself.

No fighter took Sonnen’s insults seriously.

For anyone who says that Chael depends entirely on "rehearsed lines," you should be watching these interviews:

Conor has never done an interview even close to what Chael did in these. That's not rehearsed stuff, that's Chael just playing with these people as though they are fools. Conor's trash talk is overly simple and appeals to people who enjoy hearing shouting matches. He has a couple of really good and witty lines, but most of it is basic and nothing clever. Chael's stuff is actually smart and often goes right over people's heads. Comparing him to Colby is an insult to Chael as well. Colby has zero charisma and fumbles through his lines with utterly trash delivery every time. Chael was on another level back around 2012ish.

I prefer Conor, I like his delivery more, he had more charisma, the accent helped, etc. Conor at his peak became a superstar for a reason.

Conor’s trash-talking completely fell off a cliff, though. He’s just a raging lunatic now, he doesn’t even bother to be clever anymore.

Chael’s lines were better, but more like pro wrestling promos.

Conor had mentally destroyed Aldo and caused RDA to spar anrily and injure himself.

No fighter took Sonnen’s insults seriously.
That is simply not true. Anderson Silva famously broke character and struck Chael in the face with his shoulder at the weigh-in for their second fight. He also got on the media conference call and was uncharacteristically furious and shouting about how he was gonna break his face and put him in the hospital. Wanderlei is another example; a guy who literally confronted Chael because he was pissed off with him. Watch their TUF season, Wanderlei was absolutely wound up by Chael from the very first moment. You could argue Jon Jones and Tito Ortiz to some extent too. Those guys both got super pissed off with Chael.

"prime conor" would just keep repeating the same couple childish lines somebody wrote for him

Trash talk between Conor and Sonnen?

Any sort of confrontation between those two guarantee 2 things:
All talk

And all trash

Big fan of how Conor was able to trash talk people to depression. But Chael's experience at public speaking is at a next level. Chael probably would be a formidable opponent for Conor. It would be so fun if Conor would actually call out Chael's fake WWE style persona.

Back