Chael's striking is just ugly

ralphus1

It's hard to be a saint in the city
@Gold
Reaction score
No way Rampage should have backed off from Chael's ugly left hand, should have kept moving forward to prevent the takedown.

This tournament is a joke since none of them are UFC caliber anymore. Chael the blanket could win and put us all to sleep in the process.

I disagree completely.

Chael is hardly a 'blanket'. Chael takes guys down, sure. But he doesn't aim to just take them down and hold them there. Chael is very active on the ground. He's constantly throwing strikes, and he never stops trying to get a better position. I find Chael's style of grappling to be very entertaining - because he's active.

It looked the best its ever been. Combinations and a surprisingly good kicking game. Chael is not nearly as one dimensional as he was in the Anderson era.

His striking don't matter when the other guy is afraid to be taken down. But Chael actually is good at mixing his striking up. Tho I never understood why his punches are so weak.

I thought his striking looked good last night. It's sort of awkward and unorthodox but it was effective and he landed quite a few good shots on Rampage.

It looked the best its ever been. Combinations and a surprisingly good kicking game. Chael is not nearly as one dimensional as he was in the Anderson era.
I don't think his skillset was ever one dimensional. I think what was one dimensional was his gameplan. His gameplan was always to just walk right forwards, give the guy no space, and put him on his back. Chael never planned to strike with opponents, whereas in this fight with a bigger and stronger opponent, he had no choice but to switch it up.

Good points. Chaels chin is also underrated. His Achilles heel as someone pointed out is when another wrestler puts him on his back.

Back