Chandler vs McGregor - who do you have?

I think Conor is beyond washed up. Chandler has been getting smashed but he's actually a professional fighter putting the work in. He's also past his prime, but I'm not sure if Conor can be considered a professional fighter at this point.

I think people expect Conor to somehow turn it around and resemble his former self to some degree and pick him against Chandler. While it's possible, I will pick a guy who has been in the gym, fighting top guys consistently since he came to the UFC, who is not partying crazy and looking off in videos, and who isn't coming off a long lay off due to a bad injury.

People forget that even though he lost those fights, he hurt all of Justin, Poirier and Oliveira at least once in their fights, not to mention finishing Hooker and Tony. Not sure if Conor can handle that at this point.

Chandler by (t)ko Round 1 or 2.

Agree with the Chandler analysis. He’s a beast. He’s vulnerable (obviously) but if you don’t hurt him back he’s gonna run you over.

I just have no idea what to expect from McGregor.

Never quite get this take. Loses to Khabib but steals a round, loses to Dustin but is competitive who's top 1-2 LW's in the world at any given time so he's washed. lol

I generally agree, but if he wasn’t good enough to avoid 0-3 before the injury and layoff, it’s fair to expect him to be even further away now.

On paper, Chandler is Conor’s best matchup in the entire top 5. A short stocky wrestler who frequently wings his punches and is often open to being countered, as demonstrated in the Poirier, Pitbull and Oliveira fights. With a guy as precise and on point as Mcgregor was in his prime, you could legit see as Chandler tried to bullrush him, Mac sliding out of the way and landing a series of left and rights on his chin with pinpoint accuracy. The left stabbing front kick of mcgregor is also perfect to use against Chandler, given that Chandler has a relatively square stance, so Conor could use it to gas Chandler out ala mendes. Prime Conor also had wicked TD defense, such that a 2 year layoff version of himself, did pretty well all things considered against the GOAT grappler in Mma.

the only weapon that Chandler could utilize effectively against prime mcgregor would be his leg kicks (which are very underrated). Even Alvarez caused mcgregor issues in the first 30 seconds with his kicks and chandlers kicks are way better imo. All in all, I genuinely believe that Prime Mcgregor would stop a prime Chandler in 2 RDS (something which both mcgregor and Chandlers mutual opponents in. Alvarez and Poirier agree with).

However, notice how I kept referring to Prime McGregor. The reality is this isn’t Prime Mcgregor. His footwork, speed, reactions all looked severely depleted in the last 2 Poirier fights and the reality is that with him piling on more muscle since then (+ the leg break), he’ll be even slower and less snappy in this fight either. His TD defense also looks kinda shot, with him diving on a guillotine as soon as Poirier had him up against the fence. The truth is that chandlers only asset which may have diminished is his chin (which imo can hold up well enough against a slower sloppier mcgregor) where’s all of mcgregors attributes have become 10 fold worse.

Also need i mention commitment and mindgames. One guy is constantly spouting generic inspirational shot and training like his life depend on it, while the other is sniffing the good stuff on his lambo yaught and getting black out drunk. As for the mind games, watch the clip where mcgregor pushes Chandler on TUF. Chandler is seen laughing in his face seconds after. Mcgregors strength when he was young was psychological warfare, and factually, it looks like Chandler is in his head more than he’s in Chandlers.

I know it’s a long one but in summary, prime Mac smokes prime Chandler, but ahead of their December fight, I predict Chandler TKOS Mcgregor or subs him in 1 Rd.

what do you think Sherbros? Who have you got?
LOL TIL Chandler is still in the top 5. How in the hell? How is Fiziev not in front of him? In any case, I don't care who wins, I prefer conor to win because I'm not a chandler fan more than I'm not a conor fan, but I don't care. I don't think either are title contending fighters anymore.

It's a tough call. Completely depends on how washed Conor is. One thing i'll give him is i've never seen him show up unprepared. He always looks good early.

Conor - Chandler is a Alverez type of guy who's there to be hit.

If Chandler makes it out of the 2nd then his chances skyrocket.

I'd say Chandler is an easy bet but then again he is a company man and Conor is the man the company likes to sacrifice its integrity for so Chandler might very well throw the fight.

If I was certain Chandler would not throw the fight I'd bet the house considering no one has ever won a fight coming back from a leg break (correct me if I'm wrong... and yeah Anderson didn't win per wikipedia). But I'm not at all confident that he won't throw it.

I have a feeling Chandler will be too explosive for Conor to handle.
I hope I'm wrong.

Conor looks like he's aged 10 years his last fight. Chandler is chinny and has been beaten by the best at 155, but he's a guy who is at least close to a title shot. Conor has nothing for 155 or 170. He's going to get his ass kicked again.

If you're really an idiot who wants to gauge Conor's chances at relevance in any division ever again, just try to think of a way he wins against someone like Arman Tsarukyan. That tells you all you need to know.

Conor didn't look bad against Poirier in the second fight
He looked slick af tbh
But Poirier found a home for those back alley street fighting fists and humbled conor

Second fight, didn't look bad as well, but he obviously was trying too hard to prove too much... and we know about the left leg from the documentary.

With that said, I think his ship has sailed. Sure he might be able to conjure up some good one liners, but as a fighter, no one fears em.

We all know that once that AURA shatters... it's curtains

People forgetting how good of a grappler Chandler is when he fights smart. However, he’ll probably want to make it a firefight with Conor.

I could easily whoops both these guys. Chandler gonna beat dat ass though.

Conor will gas to a living death by the end of the first, and Chandler will TKO his saggy ass, maybe already in the second,.
Conor willl then say that he injured a shoulder two weeks before the fight, and that he got bad food poisoning the day before.
Chandler will laugh then and make the "belt" gesture asking for a title shot after finishing a semidisabled drunktard.

Last edited:
Chandler should be able to knock him out.
IF Conor makes it to the fight that is. He has zero confidence in himself nowadays it seems like so it wouldn't shock me if he pulled out.

Back