Change Missing Weight Penalty to 30% for .1-2 lbs, 60% for 2.1-4, 90% for 4.1-10

the opponent gets one free eyepoke per lb over

I agree with increasing penalties, but don't agree with 30% for 0.1 -0.5.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think all commissions count 0.1 measurements.

In fact, Vitor weighed in at 183.7 or something, and it was recorded at 184.

Edit, didn't originally read your other numbers. 60% and 90% are hilarious.

1. While people should not miss weight, they do not do it on purpose, give them a few chances before you start throwing them to the wolves

2. I don't care if someone misses weight by 20 pounds, ain't NOBODY gonna fight for 10% of their purse

If you take too much, they're not going to fight.

I don't see many people fighting if they only get 10% of their purse.

Why?

Would other percentages make more sense?

Isn't missing by more weight an increasingly difficult problem for the opponent the more they miss by?

If 90% is too high, we can do 30%, 40% and 50%.

That is a stupid idea. The fighter who missed weight will just go "fuck you then, I won't fight."

20-30% is about right, the only change I'd make is that the win pay should be fined too if they win the fight.

I agree with increasing penalties, but don't agree with 30% for 0.1 -0.5.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think all commissions count 0.1 measurements.

In fact, Vitor weighed in at 183.7 or something, and it was recorded at 184.

Edit, didn't originally read your other numbers. 60% and 90% are hilarious.

Sherdog cunts are more often than not, super hard asses on weight cutting, who have never cut weight before, therefore don't understand how difficult it is. I needed to cut literally 2 pounds and I was shocked by how hard it was... doing a legit professional weight cut involves an incredible amount of detail, and discipline. Imo giving green fighters a LITTLE bit of a break on weight cutting is the right way to go.

That is a stupid idea. The fighter who missed weight will just go "fuck you then, I won't fight."

20-30% is about right, the only change I'd make is that the win pay should be fined too if they win the fight.

What about lowering 30% to only 20% for .1-2 pounds, then go 30% for 2.1-4 pounds, then 35% for anything more?

If a fighter realizes they're not going to make weight, what incentive do they have to not then abuse the system and come in 6, 7, 8 or more pounds over?

The opponent doesn't want to lose a payday either, so they are very likely to accept this unfair weight difference. At least my way a fighter has a reason to get as close as they can.

You're right. What about 30-40-50?
I would think 30 % is reasonable.

I do like your idea of it being a higher percentage the more weight someone is over. It also might be a good idea increasing the percentage the more times it happens.

Why?

Would other percentages make more sense?

Isn't missing by more weight an increasingly difficult problem for the opponent the more they miss by?

If 90% is too high, we can do 30%, 40% and 50%.

It's already been stated, no one in their right mind is going to fight for 10% if they fall into that over 4.1 to 10 lb bracket anyway. And fining someone 30% for .1 lb is just ridiculous.

If someone's total fight purse was 50k (25 win/25 show) and they came in 4.5 lbs over but the opponent still took the fight and lost, the winner who missed weight would only get paid $5000. No one would ever agree to that.

Sherdog cunts are more often than not, super hard asses on weight cutting, who have never cut weight before, therefore don't understand how difficult it is. I needed to cut literally 2 pounds and I was shocked by how hard it was... doing a legit professional weight cut involves an incredible amount of detail, and discipline. Imo giving green fighters a LITTLE bit of a break on weight cutting is the right way to go.
I'm sure you're right. But my whole point is to give the fighters a reason to cut as close as they can, instead of giving up when they resize they won't make weight, and coming in 6 pounds over, daring the opponent to cancel the fight?

My way there is an incentive to get close. The percentages can be alerted to whatever works.

It's already been stated, no one in their right mind is going to fight for 10% if they fall into that over 4.1 to 10 lb bracket anyway. And fining someone 30% for .1 lb is just ridiculous.

If someone's total fight purse was 50k (25 win/25 show) and they came in 4.5 lbs over but the opponent still took the fight and lost, the winner who missed weight would only get paid $5000. No one would ever agree to that.
People are already being fined 30% for being over the weight limit (which is one pound over the title fight weight requirement, of course). If you're over 206, you're over. At some point the line will come down to .1 pounds.

What %s do you think would work instead of 30-60-90?

90% !!!!

"You will fight for 10% of your original purse and you will like it!" - Dana White
tenor.gif

This is a brain dead idea. Do you have a job? Imagine someone garnishing your wages every time you fucked up.

90% !!!!

"You will fight for 10% of your original purse and you will like it!" - Dana White
tenor.gif
You're absolutely right.

How high do you think it could get for someone 6 pounds over, or 9 pounds over? 35% 31%?

No, if they they lost the fight, 30% of $25,000 is $7,500 --which would go to their opponent. They would still make $17,500.

Back