Change One Rule in the UFC

Bring back shoes.
tumblr_mz0g64gfJi1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Automatic point deduction for all fouls regardless of intention. Eye poke and groin strikes, minus one point. Control your strikes. Cage grabs for takedowns will not be a point but force you on your back with the person in side control.

12-6 elbows would probably be second. It’s a dumb rule and would open a lot of strikes.

I think the most cringe is the one finger grounded fighter. They fixed this a little with both hands but I think it should be on all fours to be grounded.

Penalty for weight miss - If you miss weight, your opponent gets one free foul per round per pound over.

What penalty is enforced other than knees to a downed opponent? You can generally grab the fence, eye poke, low blow, and hit the back of the head w little to no issue.

I actually think fence grabs are much worse. I am more annoyed by people using the cage to hold that position than stay up though. I would be for fence grabs being legal except every fight would turn into Usman vs Mas 1.

I hate fence grabs to but personally I think half blinding an opponent is worse. Imo there's no way a fighter can recover fully in ~30 seconds and fight on an even playing field

Automatic point deduction for all fouls regardless of intention. Eye poke and groin strikes, minus one point. Control your strikes. Cage grabs for takedowns will not be a point but force you on your back with the person in side control.

12-6 elbows would probably be second. It’s a dumb rule and would open a lot of strikes.

I think the most cringe is the one finger grounded fighter. They fixed this a little with both hands but I think it should be on all fours to be grounded.
You should be able to stomp their hands or at least bend fingers?

Grounded knees and kicks allowed, zero reason why they shouldn’t be, it would change the meta for the better I.e. more exciting and realistic fights. No more flopping and stalling on your back or hands and knees, exploiting some silly rule that fingertips on the mat makes you immune to knees and kicks, that’s crazy that it’s still a thing.

I dont think you are aware why this move is banned in the first place.

It is a highly dangerous move. Karates used the 12-6 elbow on tv to break bricks. They break brick with it! On tv!
Well then, don't get into fights?

Also - karate lol.

If you could only pick one it would be allowing knees on a downed opponent. The 12-6 can easily be bypassed by a slight change in angle so it's better to use the 1 option you have for something that makes a bigger difference in the overall outcomes of future fights.

I would say allow all kicks/knees to a downed opponent, but I know too many are too soft for that type of ruleset. So I don't want to hear about all the mma is real fighting talks since the ground is a major safe space from strikes. MMA depending on the promotion and it's rules can greatly limit techniques and handicap strikers overall.

UFC rule set favors grapplers on the ground because the ground is a major safe space from a majority of strikes. It's where fighters go to avoid striking because the strikes are very limited once a fighter is technically grounded. You will have fighters that game that technicality as well with the butt scooters, fighter's just laying on their backs on the ground, and fighter's that take a knee and touch the mats to avoid strikes. Also for the fighters that keep spamming takedowns and stay on their knees and keep diving on legs wouldn't have much success doing that with different rules in place. None of those strategies/tactics would work in promotions with different rules like PRIDE and ONE and in real non sport fights. Every takedown that gets sprawled on is open game for knees and kicks to the face if the rules were different.

Fix the intentional grounding/what strikes are allowed when you are grounded.

What penalty is enforced other than knees to a downed opponent? You can generally grab the fence, eye poke, low blow, and hit the back of the head w little to no issue.
Maybe it should be --> Miss weight, your opponent gets to kick you in the pills.

It could go something like this: Walk out to the cage, kick them in the pills and the fight starts after a split-screen commercial break. If the fighter refuses the bell after the kick, they lose by forfeiture. UFC can make some extra revenue from the commercials and split it with the fighter. Split screen will also allow us to laugh at the faces made by the fighters. This could also open up some gaming revenue on whether the fight continues or not.

Women get same treatment too. They claim it hurts, let's see it.

Back