Media Charles Oliveira response to Sherdog ”Fighter of the year”

Usman should of got easily.charlie looked beatable and almost finished so many times.

Maybe if one of Usman's wins wasn't Masvidal.. who didn't earn the title fight. Charles beat 3 top fighters.

Good stuff, hespect to Do Bronx.

Kind of wish they did this 1980s Pro Wrestling Illustrated style though, where Charles had to accept the award in person wearing a Sherdog t-shirt.

Congrats to Charles for this. He's reached heights nobody thought he would, so you have to respect that.

But please, please don't give Conor that title shot. Yeah, Charles wants to get paid. That's fair. But Conor skipping the line without a single win in years coming off multiple consecutive losses is BULLSHIT, plain and simple.
if youve watched long enough youll know its common practice.

Maybe if one of Usman's wins wasn't Masvidal.. who didn't earn the title fight. Charles beat 3 top fighters.
Oliveira vs Tony was in 2020. Charles had 2 fights in 2021.

It was a phenomenal year for Charles, and well deserved. However, I'd give Usman the edge for Fighter of the Year in 2021 with his 3 title defenses, including two huge KO's. It's so rare that we see a fighter defend a belt 3 times in one year these days. But either way, both Charles and Usman had fantastic years and they don't really need to be compared.

It was a phenomenal year for Charles, and well deserved. However, I'd give Usman the edge for Fighter of the Year in 2021 with his 3 title defenses, including two huge KO's. It's so rare that we see a fighter defend a belt 3 times in one year these days. But either way, both Charles and Usman had fantastic years and they don't really need to be compared.

Charles beat all 3 in 12 months, which he did. I didn't say it was all in 2021. Masvidal was already 0-1 against Usman. Not sure how much credit he should get for that 2nd win.

Why is there an "S" on the end of Bronx? Does anyone know the backstory on his nick name?

But what has that to do with this tweet?
His tweet said he wants to please HIS fans. But HIS fans don't want to see him give Conor a undeserved title shot. The only fans he will be pleasing is Conor fans. This isn't rocket scientist bro.

His tweet said he wants to please HIS fans. But HIS fans don't want to see him give Conor a undeserved title shot. The only fans he will be pleasing is Conor fans. This isn't rocket scientist bro.
Where does he mention Conor? And I'm not your "bro"

Please what fans? Conor fans? AFAIK, they are the only fans that want to see that fight.
hater, please!
Conor is the one calling for it.
Charles is simply not stupid to refuse.

Besides, if he did (refuse) retards like you would be calling him out claiming he ducked Conor.
So please STFU
getout-ari.gif

Charles beat all 3 in 12 months, which he did. I didn't say it was all in 2021. Masvidal was already 0-1 against Usman. Not sure how much credit he should get for that 2nd win.

Same witb colby was 0-1 against usman.

Im glad usman n islam didnt get it.

Should have appriciated him long before this. The guy is incredible, one of the most improved fighters I've ever seen, even in physical/mental attributes which are almost never changed especially not this late in a career.

IMO it should've been Gane. Roz, Volkov, and Lewis is a great 2021. And Ngannou will be his 4th fight in 11 months, which is the standard some people are using to include Ferguson for Charles.

But definitely agree it shouldn't have been Charles. Fighters of the Year shouldn't be fighters who only fought 2x unless it was absolutely jawdroppingly dominant performances where they displayed they were so clearly ahead of their competition that it doesn't really matter if others had more wins.

You have to take into context how Usman beat Mas

Back