News *** Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev MEGA THREAD PART II (OFFICIAL FOR UFC 280, 10/22) ***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I'm sure he will. But I get the feeling he won't try to finish Charles quick, unless there is an obvious opportunity. Maybe instead Islam will try to fatigue Charles and stall until Charles makes a mistake.

"Because I'm one dimensional AF and I know I'll get KTFO'd again if I try to stand with someone who has an average stand up game!"

iu
If you shoot and sniff, eventually the desires of one’s nose catches up with his chin.

one too many cups to the cranium I guess
<{nope}>

the dagestani are just on another level man, like khabib use to say "before fight they believe, after one round they no believe" i predict submission by islam, but i think probably in the 3rd/4th round after oliviera is drained, charles is actually quite big built frame slightly bigger than islam imo

That is the issue with Islam fans all over the internet. They cannot let Islam stand on his own merit. They need to justify it using "Khabib said this or Khabib said that" etc. Khabib never faced someone like Oliveira nor has Islam ever. People should stop pretending facing Oliveira is business as usual for Dagestani fighters and their methodology is cut out to be tailor-made for someone like Charles. It is not. Not saying it is not a toss up as to who would win, but there are levels to this game and no one at 155 lbs Dagestanis (Khabib or Islam in particular) have ever faced, has been at the level of where Oliveira is at. It is not an opinion. It is what the record shows.

I think Makhachev is going to make this one look easy. Islams grappling/wrestling and positioning is nothing Olives has faced before. (Brutal gnp win for Islam)

I truly believe Charles wont be able to submit Islam. His only chance is to knock Islam out in the first two rounds while he's fresh enough.

Last edited:
Daniel Cormier asks: 'what if you can't take him (Oliveira) down?'

Islam Makhachev answers: 'I will take him down VERY FAST'

A very logical gameplan. Take him down fast in order to easily submit him while he's dry.

Are the Oliviera 'fans' (khabib haters) going to give Islam credit if he dominates like I expect?
Or will Charles all of a sudden become a bum with 9 losses??

You guys need to stick to your guns. You are proclaiming that Charlie is greater than Khabib and Islam is undeserving. So you need to give Islam much appreciation for beating the LW GOAT!

if islam wins they will jump to the train of the dariush/gamrot winner and say that 'oliviera always had trouble with elite wrestlers, gaethje can't wrestle, tony was washed, chandler has a glass chin, etc'

he grabs the neck of a lot of dudes who take him down and think theyre in a dominant position. my guess is he gives a lot of those takedowns away just because he is so confident in his submission skills. Islam better watch out, he hasnt faced a grappler on Charles' level; closest would be Arman.
Most of these 'takedowns' is just Charles pulling guard

Only way to make 155 is to cut his leg off

Dude struggled to make 155 while being active, now its impossible
He could get back in shape if he wanted. It's not like he's 50 he's just 34 he could make weight with no problem if he tried. He was champion two years ago.

That is the issue with Islam fans all over the internet. They cannot let Islam stand on his own merit. They need to justify it using "Khabib said this or Khabib said that" etc. Khabib never faced someone like Oliveira nor has Islam ever. People should stop pretending facing Oliveira is business as usual for Dagestani fighters and their methodology is cut out to be tailor-made for someone like Charles. It is not. Not saying it is not a toss up as to who would win, but there are levels to this game and no one at 155 lbs Dagestanis (Khabib or Islam in particular) have ever faced, has been at the level of where Oliveira is at. It is not an opinion. It is what the record shows.

are u dumb, look at islam dominating top tier grapplers, charles get smashed by paul felder on the ground, theres level to this game and once again i say before fight they believe, after 1 round no believe

I don’t give a fuck about how Khabib relates to any of this. I’m pulling for an exciting fight most of all. If Islam wins I just hope it isn’t by grinding positionally, I would congratulate an exciting dominant victory from either athlete. As for my personal choice I would love to see Charles win because he is one of my favorite athletes to watch and really seems to have found his glow. I expect an absolute fire fight! The champion has a name and it’s Charles Oliveira!

I know you remember this lol.

Let's start from Charles Oliveira's UFC losses

Dec. 2010: Jim Miller subs Charles Oliveira via kneebar

Aug. 2011: Donald Cerone drops CO with a bodyshot & TKO's him in GNP

Sep. 2012: Cub Swanson KOs CO with a left hook to the liver & right overhand to the head

Last edited:
Aug. 2015: CO dislocates his shoulder trying to take Max Halloway down

Aug. 2016: CO gets choked via guillotine by Anthony Pettis trying to take him down

Nov. 2016: Ricardo Lamas chokes CO via guillotine

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back