News *** Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev MEGA THREAD PART II (OFFICIAL FOR UFC 280, 10/22) ***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
All this talk.from him about how he doesnt deserve the title fight, first round ko and now the chat about who he is fighting after and then moving weight classes.
Does anyone feel he is looking past Islam and let the support go to his head?
Will it matter or make a difference?
No

I doubt it. I think it's more like a Stipe-Ngannou 1 situation. Charles doesn't have the belt but feels like the A-side, yet he was pressured to fight what he feels is a prematurely crowned challenger in enemy territory. He's more than a bit salty and not shy about it but I doubt any lightweight looks at Islam's fights and thinks, "That's easy work."

Words of wisdom Lloyd, words of wisdom

Charles has fought American fighters in 7 consecutive matches.

He’s finally stepping out of the minor leagues now and he knows it.

Of course you got the point. But if you want to do the right thing, that's up to you. I just think that when you see one sentence without all the context as a truth of the universe, that's absolutely nonsense.

You said something that is not true and I said he never does that, nothing more. Me defending him or not doesn't have anything to do and/or change that.

You said he never talked about next opponents. This says he did. Are you saying that’s not true? Stop being cryptic and give a straight forward answer.

Lol, actually it's probably the most I've ever bet (which ain't saying much). As the fight gets closer I'll put some more.
If I do anything it will be that fight ITD. I really want Charles to win but I wish you good luck my friend.

You said he never talked about next opponents. This says he did. Are you saying that’s not true? Stop being cryptic and give a straight forward answer.
That doesn't prove anything and you are wrong in getting one sentence and painting the whole picture with it.

That doesn't prove anything and you are wrong in getting one sentence and painting the whole picture with it.

It proves he did speak of future opponents when you said he didn’t. Unless you’re saying he didn’t say that. What the fuck are you on about? Sounds like you got caught with your pants down and went into some bizarre rant. Just take your L and move on, son.

I don't believe Islam has got this shot solely from his association with Khabib, as Charles has asserted.

I don't like Olivera's heart, but I love his skill set.
Islam is a dog but I think Do Bronx is on a different level at this point in his career & all of these opponents are lambs for the slaughter.
Islam......level up and try again when the champ isn't Charles. Good luck to both.

It proves he did speak of future opponents when you said he didn’t. Unless you’re saying he didn’t say that. What the fuck are you on about? Sounds like you got caught with your pants down and went into some bizarre rant. Just take your L and move on, son.
My rant is against dishonest people.

Nothing dishonest about stating a fact and backing it up. Not admitting you were wrong is being dishonest, kinda like you’re doing here.
Completely dishonest and don't even blink. No problem, moving on.

Predicting each fighters Strategy based off the fact im an elite sherdogger

Charles
  • Walk Down Islam, look to land a big shot right away.
  • Won't throw the check hook like he usually does to avoid being ducked under, more jabs, straights, and maybe the occasional kick
  • If taken down, Charles won't be as aggressive as he usually is. He'll look to preserve cardio by stalling or looking for sweeps to change position. But I don't think he'll spam moves knowing Islam is a greater grappler than Mike, Dustin, & Justin.
  • Mainly looking to keep this standing as it'll be easier to KO Islam than submit him
  • Will mostly be looking to land a big KO shot in the later rounds after Islam slows down and can't take Charles down
Islam
  • It very defense orientated gameplan
  • Will avoid standing with Charles in the first
  • Will keep a far striking distance until Charles overcommit so he can check hook into a clinch or takedown
  • I expect him to be very patient and mostly make Charles overcommit with sub/sweep attempts to gas him out
  • Once he sees Charles slowing down, he'll turn up the pressure and go for HEAVY gnp & Submission attempts

Also this fight could actually end up boring... Both guys know cardio will be a huge factor in this fight, first guy to gass is basically done

I hope you’re just trolling and not truly this delusional.
Maybe you should just watch/listen to the interview, where this one sentence (for the tweet) comes out?
If I remember right the translator did a good job with this topic.
What someone else then tweets after that, is a different story.

Is anyone actually betting on this fight? It is 55/45 Charles for me. Too scared to throw money down. Might throw some money down on Friday but I will admit I have no clue.
I'm not a betting man, but waiting till friday to put down some money is probably for the best.
In recent videos both Islam and Charles seem to be looking really sucked in from the weight cut so perhaps waiting to see how they look on the scale might help.
That being said, Oliveira had a rough cut last time around and he arguably put on one of his best performances against Gaethje.

Overall this is a tricky fight to bet on since both guys are highly skilled in a ton areas and have looked phenomenal on their current runs.

Back