Charles Olivera was robbed

Sport killer decision, fights like this are why pride scoring was better.
It was amicably the correct decision. I find Charles supporters to be like this. Sport killing decision, sport killing scale in AD. this Charles LW goat fairy tale brought to you by Reddit needs to stop

Last edited:
It was amicably the correct decision. I find Charles supporters like to do this. Sport killing decision, sport killing scale in AD. this Charles LW goat fairy tale brought to you by Reddit needs to stop
Ironic considering the fact that American Tap Team is reddit personified

Sport killer decision, fights like this are why pride scoring was better.
Bit of an extreme take, don't ya think, Nancy?

This is false. He did damage. Even if he didnt, tight submissions matter per official scoring criteria. Read the criteria.
You never told me you could read. I never woulda guessed

It was competitive, but Arman clearly won

This is false. He did damage. Even if he didnt, tight submissions matter per official scoring criteria. Read the criteria
Who decides they are tight lol they are hail Mary submission attempts with zero chance of submitting the opponent.

Charles came closest to finishing the fight but his best moments weren't of his own doing. The first submission attempt was the result of Arman slipping although they both exchanged kicks. The last one was when Arman slipped of his back when Charles looked just about done.

Arman controlled the fight and where it took place. The Charles punch in the second round was damn sweet but Arman was comfortably holding his own in the striking. The axe kick was an incredible bit of athleticism.

Round 1 was close but Olives did better
Round 2 and 3 were Armans.
Split is stupid. Should be UD for Tsarukyan.

But biggest outtake from that fight is that Charlie is past prime now - he didn't look like Charles from Gaethje/Poirier, etc. fights.
He's way too reliant on his guard being "too dangerous for anyone to enter". Guys like Arman and Islam ain't gonna get subbed that way.

Perhaps he was exhausted, he spent a good portion of rounds 2 and 3 under Arman. He only got the submission opportunity because Arman slipped off his back.
Idk, I don't think so. He's trained for 5 rounders forever and still looked fresh at the end. I think he just over estimated his performance. Fwiw he is probably my fav fighter so I'm not just trying to shit on him, think he just straight blew it

Man he had that triangle/armbar locked in at the end of round one. No way dude was getting out of that. That darce was probably also finished. Saved by the bell twice. Is what it is though. Was a super close fight I can see it either way

Agree 100%. It comes down to how threatening the Darce attempt in the third was. Was it close to finishing? Would Arman have gotten out if the round lasted longer? Then Oliveira won the round. Was it rather harmless? Then Arman won the round.

But in general it's insane to me how nobody cares about submission attempts. If you almost finish your opponent by KO, that's a 10-8 round. Now with a close submission there is not the damage component, but there is the "almost finished" opponent, so it needs to result in a clear 10-9 as well, no!?

Btw Oliveira also had him in a submission at the end of round 2. But I didn't value that high because Arman decided to risk it in the last seconds knowing he couldn't be submitted that quickly. All things to consider IMO.

If you scored it for Oliveira, it was not for any bottom work, it was for the submission attempts. He actually didn't manage to do much off the bottom against Arman.
Every single person saying it wasn't close and was an Arman rd never gives any form of explanation as to why. Some people mention the top control which as stated in the rules, is not something that is even scored. I have seen the striking differential mentioned as well but there wasn't any big shots landed in the rd, nothing significant happened in the rd except for that submission attempt.

Back