Charlo vs Castaño July 17th Showtime PBC

Winner?

• Total voters
Charlo would murk him.
Not a wise next move for Castano IMO.

Castano is just the type of well-rounded, quick-handed, busy fighter to give Charlo big problems IMO. I may be in the minority on this but I think he schools the dangerous but one-dimensional Texan.

I completely agree. We've seen in some of Jermell's fights when he gets annoyed/desperate he swings like he's pitching in baseball, and Castano would welcome that type of aggression.

Castano UD imo.

I completely agree. We've seen in some of Jermell's fights when he gets annoyed/desperate he swings like he's pitching in baseball, and Castano would welcome that type of aggression.

Castano UD imo.

Won’t guarantee he takes it though. Texeira got his attention with some of those big shots last night. I think Charlo composed himself better in the Harrison rematch, and Castaño sort of has just one gear and a small toolbox. Think Charlo gets the finish mid to late fight. Also some of Castaños fatigue later on came from Texeira being busy downstairs imo, and Charlo can bang the body pretty well.

Won’t guarantee he takes it though. Texeira got his attention with some of those big shots last night. I think Charlo composed himself better in the Harrison rematch, and Castaño sort of has just one gear and a small toolbox. Think Charlo gets the finish mid to late fight. Also some of Castaños fatigue later on came from Texeira being busy downstairs imo, and Charlo can bang the body pretty well.

You're right nothing is guaranteed, i learned that last night when Lara sent Warrington to the afterlife.

Castano UD imo.
Exactly. Castano will find the sweet spot inside Charlo's range just like he did with Texeira last night & pick him apart & outwork him. Of course, it will be a tougher task for the Argentinian as Charlo is a better fighter & a more dangerous fighter than the Brazilian was. But Castano has mad skills & a good motor. I think he does a number on Charlo down the stretch & cruises to a comfortable decision win by taking about eight out of twelve rounds.

Exactly. Castano will find the sweet spot inside Charlo's range just like he did with Texeira last night & pick him apart & outwork him. Of course, it will be a tougher task for the Argentinian as Charlo is a better fighter & a more dangerous fighter than the Brazilian was. But Castano has mad skills & a good motor. I think he does a number on Charlo down the stretch & cruises to a comfortable decision win by taking about eight out of twelve rounds.

Yeah my thoughts too, nothing to add that you haven't said. Obviously he'll have to watch out for the power Charlo has but i think he'll be back in the gym this week getting ready for Charlo.

Yeah my thoughts too, nothing to add that you haven't said. Obviously he'll have to watch out for the power Charlo has but i think he'll be back in the gym this week getting ready for Charlo.

Yep. Let's just hope the fight is made. I'd love to see it.

i was on boxing 247 last night doing a round by round lots of people had this fight razor close. I personally scored it a shutout for castano.

Really hope this happens next. Just make the big fight and screw any building. I got Jermell. I think they both get under credited.

That’s a valid point. Nothing flashy, all business, very good skills and resilience. A poor risk/reward ratio.
You read my mind, different styles but share the same difficulty getting meaningful fights due to their awkward but effective styles even promoters dont seem eager to deal with him either, what better way to hype Spence’s 154lb debut against the man that defeated him in the ammies

Castano beats Charlo. I thought he beat Lara as well.

The sooner this fight happens the better. Then when Spence eventually moves up we already have a unified champ who beat Spence in the ammys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wavemeter
Back