News Chatri With Harsh Words for Jonathan Di Bella Calling His Win "A Fluke" and Considers Strippin

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Di Bella Response

"Since I won my title, I haven't heard from ONE, no congratulations, no next fight news. I have asked to fight on May 5 card in Colorado against Zhang or Daniel Williams since he called me out. ONE replied that they don't want to do those fights. For over six months I did not know when I will be defending my title. I saw Zhang had fought, and I still wasn’t sure when I was fighting next. I got offered a fight against Zhang for June, I said yes, I started training camp, but they kept postponing the date without explanation. As the world knows already, my win against Zhang was not a fluke. As I gave the fans one of the best fights of the year in my debut, I should have got respect not disrespect... Especially considering I haven’t fought Kickboxing in three years before that fight."

https://beyondkick.com/news/chatri-...s-for-strawweight-champion-jonathan-di-bella/

Chatri really is Asian Dana, he is picking fights with everyone of his fighters.

Gonna need a better source than that. That twitter and "media" is a joke. Just twitter users who don't know anything about fighting. All clowns. More fake news from this user
If you take the time to look through the article you'll actually find the video actually depicting Chatri saying all this, during an interview with Thai media.

What's the deal with your antipathy with BeyondKickboxing? I've always felt @Yodsanan and the rest of the Beyond Kickboxing contributors, have been diligent in vetting thier sources. As far as I've seen, they have relied on the best information available, and have done thier best to relay this information accurately.

Last edited:
The dads statement makes me think they are having doubts about ONE being a real avenue for a long career and are asking for more money to compensate for the infrequent schedule.

Reactions: Gio
Their p4p list is a joke. It's basically @Yodsanan opinion of who's p4p.

View media item 35740
Eersel wasn't listed for example.

Why would he be? His best win is against Menshikov in a Muay Thai fight, and in Kickboxing his best win is against an old Nieky Holzken.

On top of that they're very unprofessional and biased af. They're typical euro trash/Canadian incels so naturally they hate Americans and anything US. Bunch of weebs

Whenever I drop into the Discord, I never get that impression. Sounds like that's just your own biases and preconceptions coloring your opinion.

Last edited:
Hey man it's growing! I think in the next 10 - 20 years, we'll be around the UK's level with our Muay Thai and hopefully Kickboxing will grow too. I'm an American of course, so I am biased - but I believe!
The amateur US muay thai scene is actually pretty strong. At the world games last year, we won the most medals, 8. We have been getting a decent amount of medalist in several other (IFMA, WAKO, WMF, etcetera) world and international tournaments too.

Even tournaments held here in the states like the TBA and IKF open world amateur championships, have been featuring a lot more international competitors. No one in thier right mind thinks they are on par with the IFMA or WAKO tournaments, but they are really starting to become legitimate international tournaments, in the A and B class brackets.

There are are also several regional and legitamate national tournaments held here. Amature kickboxing, and muay thai in particular, have really picked up here over the last ten years. We do produce fighters that have seen international success, but we don't often see them continue fighting in the pros.

We have a strong amateur circuit, but a piss poor professional one. Almost all the amateurs that do end up fighting pro, end up fighting in mma. Muay Thai and kickboxing just don't pay the bills in the areas that have the best talent. And I don't see that changing, the cost of living is simply too high.

Having dealt with ONE Championship myself, i can assure you,that the team running that organisation is trash. they all have their mouth full of respect an honour, but its only a one way street for them. When they need something from you they keep being all friendly, Hey Mate, Buddy, Bro kind of messages. I did help them quite a lot. Never once got a proper "thank you" from them. But when i asked them they just kept me at bay (If i got any response at all) But when they ask you anything, they are semi offended if you dont respond within 10 minutes.
From my point of view. Glory is far more pleasant to work with.

No surprises there. He is known for treating his fighters like crap and freezing them out, dude is a snake oil salesman. It's such a shame man as Di Bella would've been a perfect fight Takeru's ONE debut.

Gonna need a better source than that. That twitter and "media" is a joke. Just twitter users who don't know anything about fighting. All clowns. More fake news from this user
Yod was on this forum with the rest of us for a decade following the sport. He, and the rest of us for that matter, know a hell of a lot more than you do in regards to Kickboxing and Muay Thai. You should humble yourself, everyone here thinks you're a clown.

You could otherwise kick rocks, you aren't contributing anything but negativity to the group.

Last edited:
Holy shit this guy looks like Lasiri
Jonathan_Di_Bella-hero-1200x1165-champ-600x583.jpg

Joseph_Lasiri-hero-1200x1165-champion-600x583.jpg

Back