Chimaev is gonna KO Whittaker

I don't get why some people think that Chimaev's done if he can't get a TD in the 1st round.

Whittaker has been hurt in 8 out of his 9 last fights.
And wasn't he just finished by a Jab, 1 fight ago?
So yeah, his chin isn't that good.

Chimaev's got power and he has dropped very good fighters before, with a jab and his cross.

Also, if DDP and Gastelum can get him down, I don't seew why a better grappler like Borz can't.

Usman had the best TDD in UFC history before running into Chimaev.

Also, Chimaev's gas tank isn't as bad as most people make it out to be. Rewatch the Gilbert fight, his output was the highest in round 3.

Very excited for this fight, I'm pretty sure Chimaev wins by either knockout or choke.
Will you delete your account if Rob finishes Smeshboy?

giphy.gif

We're talking about ranked MWs here.

Then say ranked MWs. Don't move the goal posts after the fact.

God I hope Whittaker absolutely smashes Chimaev so we can stop talking about him. He has yet to do anything relevant at 185, and people are talking about him like he's the greatest fighter of all time.

Chimaev barely got past a one week notice, shot knees, arthritic joints, geriatric Usman. I think full camp Usman beats him.

Why are you changing your question ? Now you want ranked MWs ? If you don't know Gerald and Ikram, we can't help you.
I didn't think someone would be foolish enough to answer my rhetorical question.

I'm aware of who he fought. But nobody gives af about those guys. They aren't worth bringing up.

Call me when Khamzat KO's a noteworthy middleweight.

I favor Whitaker, but I for sure think that it's a possibility that Chimeav KO's Whitaker -- it's important to remember that Whitaker is going to have to be very focused on preventing takedowns. We see regularly that when this happens, wrestlers tend to have many opportunities at KO's, such as Derek Brunson in many of his fights. I don't predict that this will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

I didn't think someone would be foolish enough to answer my rhetorical question.

I'm aware of who he fought. But nobody gives af about those guys. They aren't worth bringing up.

Call me when Khamzat KO's a worthy middleweight.

If you don't give a fuck about fighters who are just outside of the top-15 and have the potential to be more than that, in the case of Aliskerov, we can't help you.
1698158661-20231024-164333-1.gif

If you don't give a fuck about fighters who are just outside of the top-15 and have the potential to be more than that, in the case of Aliskerov, we can't help you.
1698158661-20231024-164333-1.gif
Who's we?

Like I said, call me when Khamzat dominates a ranked MW. In the context of this conversation, his win against those bums mean absolutely nothing. Whittaker is a former champ and ranked #3.

Khamzat barely scrapped by a 1 week notice Usman who was coming off 2 losses.

Before that he barely scrapped by a former LW Gilbert Burns.

If that's your argument for thinking he will KO one of the best MWs in the division, that's a pretty weak argument.

Who's we?

Like I said, call me when Khamzat dominates a ranked MW. In the context of this conversation, his win against those bums mean absolutely nothing. Whittaker is a former champ and ranked #3.

We, the elite of Sherdog.

That's the thing, Ikram is not a bum.

We, the elite of Sherdog.

That's the thing, Ikram is not a bum.
That fight was 5 years ago when he very well could've been a bum. Fighting a bunch of literal nobodies in Brave CF. Talking like beating a pretty "green" Ikram five years ago is an elite win now is crazy. Especially when Ikram hasn't beat anyone good still.

That fight was 5 years ago when he very well could've been a bum. Fighting a bunch of literal nobodies in Brave CF. Talking like beating a pretty "green" Ikram five years ago is an elite win now is crazy. Especially when Ikram hasn't beat anyone good still.

Fair enough, sometimes, you can see the talent and the potential.

You are most likely correct. Only interesting thing is if this goes to the 3rd, 4th or 5th rounds.

Back