Media Chimaev showcasing his boxing skills - new footage

island-boys-boxing.gif

got that Island Boys boxing style.

island boys goat boxers.

Aka bad footwork. Surprised after wading into the pocket against burns that he still hasnt tightened this up.

If that's recent footage, no matter if you're sparring someone not on your level, it doesn't give me confidence he's taken his time to improve his weak spots. Throwing heat against some fatty is great but he's squared up completely and inviting a counter. Don't think Usman is the type of counter puncher to get it done but a stronger boxer might.
Can that stronger boxer stop Khamzat from taking them down and completely violating him?

Thank you for the clarification Kirk!

I still do not understand how fixing can turn into finna?

Fixing to must be Very old american lingo?

Could you give me some examples?

Is it like:

I am going to go to the Hairdresser today - > I am fixing to go to the Hairdresser today -> I am finna to go to the Hairdresser today

Am i correct?
That's what I was thinking.
"Fixing to" I've heard in old movies and TV shows.
Finna I first heard of only a few years ago, on Sherdog.

That's what I was thinking.
"Fixing to" I've heard in old movies and TV shows.
Finna I first heard of only a few years ago, on Sherdog.

"Fixing to" do something sounds like an old expression , but i can understand the meaning.

I am going to play Bingo this saturday = I am fixing some Bingo-tables this satutday.

I just don't understand the correlation between fixing something and "finna"?

They're not wearing any fins are they? Sounds fishy.

Maybe they just removed the x from fixing to save time and effort, so it became fiing to, which turned into finning to, and then finning turned into "finna".

Still sounds like it's similar effort and letters, no time is gained here.

Example 1:

"I am going to repair/fix some tables this weekend"
->
"I am fixing some tables this weekend"
->
"I am finna some tables this weekend"

Example 2:

"I am going to the Movies tomorrow"
->
"I am fixing to the Movies tomorrow"
->
"I am finna da Movies tomorrow"

Example 3:

"I am finding your lack of faith disturbing"
->
"I am fixing your lack of faith disturbing"
->
"I am finna faith disturbing"

"Fixing to" do something sounds like an old expression , but i can understand the meaning.

I am going to play Bingo this saturday = I am fixing some Bingo-tables this satutday.

I just don't understand the correlation between fixing something and "finna"?

They're not wearing any fins are they? Sounds fishy.

Maybe they just removed the x from fixing to save time and effort, so it became fiing to, which turned into finning to, and then finning turned into "finna".

Still sounds like it's similar effort and letters, no time is gained here.

Example 1:

"I am going to repair/fix some tables this weekend"
->
"I am fixing some tables this weekend"
->
"I am finna some tables this weekend"

Example 2:

"I am going to the Movies tomorrow"
->
"I am fixing to the Movies tomorrow"
->
"I am finna da Movies tomorrow"

Example 3:

"I am finding your lack of faith disturbing"
->
"I am fixing your lack of faith disturbing"
->
"I am finna faith disturbing"
Interesting contrasts. I have two ideas.

Regarding examples 1 and 2, they seem to deviate from the actual user examples I've seen. Specifically, your examples utilize "I am" whereas users seem to prefer "I'm". If that pattern holds up, then the result is a slightly simpler conjunction that seems to flow together more smoothly: I'm finna...

Also, regarding fix vs finna, I'll try some imaginary psycholinguistics and suggest that the x sound is harder and heavier. This could explain why it was dropped.

Doing some limited research two relevant details emerge which might explain how the phonetic transition came about historically. First, finna seems to have originally appeared in the 1980s (corroborating your suspicion that it is not old) in several rap/hip hop songs. Second, the written word, "finna" is essentially a transliteration of spoken lyrics; there are even alternate spellings out there. This could account for the lack, which you've noted, of an obvious phonetic transitional sequence: What happened is that a few rappers discovered (in single artistic leaps) that this alternative pronunciation of "fixing" flowed-and-fit nicely (consistent with my imaginary psycholinguistics), it caught on, and now even Gen Z has picked it up.

It’s a specific subset dialect known as Section 8
Mostly consists of high school dropouts.

Thank you for the clarification Kirk!

I still do not understand how fixing can turn into finna?

Fixing to must be Very old american lingo?

Could you give me some examples?

Is it like:

I am going to go to the Hairdresser today - > I am fixing to go to the Hairdresser today -> I am finna to go to the Hairdresser today

Am i correct?

Lol I love how he's getting outboxed then takes off his hat and starts flailing his arms like an idiot. His striking is so ass lol

Interesting contrasts. I have two ideas.

Regarding examples 1 and 2, they seem to deviate from the actual user examples I've seen. Specifically, your examples utilize "I am" whereas users seem to prefer "I'm". If that pattern holds up, then the result is a slightly simpler conjunction that seems to flow together more smoothly: I'm finna...

Also, regarding fix vs finna, I'll try some imaginary psycholinguistics and suggest that the x sound is harder and heavier. This could explain why it was dropped.

Doing some limited research two relevant details emerge which might explain how the phonetic transition came about historically. First, finna seems to have originally appeared in the 1980s (corroborating your suspicion that it is not old) in several rap/hip hop songs. Second, the written word, "finna" is essentially a transliteration of spoken lyrics; there are even alternate spellings out there. This could account for the lack, which you've noted, of an obvious phonetic transitional sequence: What happened is that a few rappers discovered (in single artistic leaps) that this alternative pronunciation of "fixing" flowed-and-fit nicely (consistent with my imaginary psycholinguistics), it caught on, and now even Gen Z has picked it up.

Thanks so much for this clarification Kirk!

He gotta be ready to figure out that Usman jab though.

No joke. It could give him his first loss if he isn't careful.

So does "finna" mean "feeling"?

I am not from the Caucasus nor am i from the States of Amerigo Vespucci which i believe this speech originates from?
finna = feelin na = feeling to = Usman has a feeling to

I called you white because this type of slang originates from african american culture cheers mate

People think Khamzat is going to "bully" a so-called much smaller Marty. They forget Marty walks around off-season at around 210 - 215 lbs.

Martys only chance is to knock him out ... And thats likely not happening. Usmans getting decisioned and with ease most likely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back