Chito just never learns...

His problem is he's not that good. He doesn't excell at any aspect of MMA except durability and cardio. I guess he has good kicks but he's not exactly Barboza. If he wasn't one of the tuffest most unbreakable mofos of all time I doubt he'd be ranked.

The problem is he would get finished.
When he opened up he had some success but he was also almost finished twice. So he ran and shelled up until he recovered. He wasn't going to out strike Sean in any way. He should have gone for takedowns. Even in the flukey win the last time, he finished it on the ground. I wonder why his corner didn't advise him to take Sean down.

It's not that simple.
Chito is a good fundamental striker with some fantastic intangibles that make him a great fighter, but by no means does his skill set contain the upper echelon nuances of striking like feints, angles and footwork to be able to win strategic kickboxing fights vs elite strikers. His skill set and attributes allow him to overwhelm strikers with similar skill sets to his by overwhelming them or walking them down due to his durability and power.

I’m still convinced if Chito actually fought he would’ve won. Sean looked so shaky every time Chito landed anything.
Exactly! If he actually fought, he would've created an opportunity for himself. That nasty body shot he landed in the last few sec of the 5th could've happened in the 2nd or 3rd round if he wasn't taking his sweet ole time to get going. Smh! Watching guys like him is so frustrating mayne

Last edited:
Chito decided to channel Yoel Romero. If he left it all out there and got KO'ed, there would probably be some intrigue for an eventual trilogy. Now he's gonna retire as a gatekeeper.
I don't know about that. 5 rds to figure it out. He just couldn't figure it out

Lots of people don't understand the hesitation. It's getting caught going in that makes them hesitate. Sean basically hit him every angle and his footwork gave him no easy openings.
Yah it's really hard to charge forward when Sean just smashed a knee in your face or just fakes like he's gonna do that. He kept freezing chito on his tracks and making him reset all over again

I didn't want to win, happy to go the distance. 1 of the most frustrating fighters to watch

Yah it's really hard to charge forward when Sean just smashed a knee in your face or just fakes like he's gonna do that. He kept freezing chito on his tracks and making him reset all over again
Chito had the ability to land once Sean stopped moving in the pocket, she'll and throw back instead of just shelling up and letting Sean retreat to distance

Chito had the ability to land once Sean stopped moving in the pocket, she'll and throw back instead of just shelling up and letting Sean retreat to distance
That's the only time he had success,when Sean would stop w feet planted

You guys acting like that's an easy thing to do. O'Malley has the quickest feet and pivots we've ever seen in mma and he can crack to boot. Chito had to walk through hell to get to him and probably was already compromised by the time Sean slowed down a little by round 4.
Pretty much this lol

Back