Chris Weidman’s next fight???

If you give him Paulo Costa he's going to get murdered once again, don't you guys get it?

I was always bothered by his overly need of attention/auto-affirmation, but right now I'm starting to pity him.

Honest question: I can firmly state that he's no top-5 material, that's proven, the question now is: If we throw him a top-10 will he be able to succeed? I'm not so sure..

How about Holly Holm??? Lost her last 3 title fights. Only beat Bethe Corriea and Megan Anderson. Didnt beat anyone like Cat Zingano or Aspen Ladd

Dumb comparison. Wmma is trash and there are no legit contenders.

MW is a shark tank

We all know that one shot changes the whole fight. Weidman was winning has last 5 fights but got caught in 4 of them.

Romero and Luke??? Really? It applies to Jacare cause he was up 2-0, maybe Mousasi depending on how you spin it.

For the umpteenth time, weidman is a well decorated wrestler as well as bjj.Its finally time to stay at middleweight and take advantage of these gifts. Gegard is gone,Luke and his regressed chin is at 205, Yoel will be 42 this month, hes already subbed gastelum and Israel and Costa are still complete wildcards.That leaves knuckles who is talented but his durability between fights are a big concern.

Brunson is a good opponent. It is the fight I want to see.

Maybe if he's still out for awhile longer he can fight Theoboreu after he out points Brunson.

He should fight a couple lower ranked guys before trying the high end of the division again.

Weidman needs a step down, he’s gotten flatlined by the top guys. I like the Tavares fight, a ranked guy that is a winnable fight.

Chris needs to retire. He's taken way too much damage in the past 3-4 years.

In terms of fighting/wrestling he was one of the best. But he used his chin instead of good striking defense to plow through to get where he needed to go. Both he and Rockhold have bizarre tactics when it comes to striking defense. Weidman uses his face, Rockhold tries to dodge. Both are foolish methods.

Weidman's choice is worse though, because that only works for so long. Like two years, which was how long he was champ.

Fuck anyone who said he was worse after USADA. The man looked his absolute best last fight.

He needs to go home, do something else. He's got options, he's got multiple degrees and he's personable and likable. But he needs to call it now so he can enjoy the rest of his life.

Chris Weidman has given us some fantastic, entertaining fights. He'll always be the guy who made Silva think twice.
he looked worse after usada

Chris has looked horrible since USADA was implemented. But I'm sure its just a coincidence...

Still my boy!

source.gif

I mean he also had some pretty serious neck/shoulder surgeries right before USADA...it feels wrong to me to attribute his downfall to purely USADA when he is almost as injury prone as Cain. Guy has had his neck, back, and shoulder repaired numerous times. I think even some knee surgeries too. It doesn't take many injuries like that to completely change your physical ability/confidence.

He always looks like he can pull off the win, and then makes a split second mistake that changes everything. I think its just more mental at this point. But he has taken a hugeeeee amount of damage. I think UFC should either feed him 2-3 REALLY winnable matchups, or he should just retire.

Back